Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1839 1840 [1841] 1842 1843 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2346889 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #27600 on: January 26, 2016, 09:22:40 pm »

Posting here so that I don't double post in the Art thread, but I've finished both Petra and Roseanne Space-Barr. Gonna be another one sprite day guys. Sorry about that. They both feature MK-1 Art though, so opinions please
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #27601 on: January 26, 2016, 09:43:55 pm »

@Irony (HRB kin amp knuckles)

Actually, we've been trying to make it so when you buy an AS or HRB, you have a choice of fist weapons.  We've mostly developed pimpknuckles, swiss-army pimpknuckles, and force monoswords for it, but none of it was ever finalized with PW.

...Actually, wait, I'm TinkerMaster now.  I don't need to wait for PW.  All Assaultsuit and Heavy Robotic Body purchases can have their fist weapons customized at the time of purchase.  Options are swiss-army pimpknuckles, standard pimpknuckles, and forcefield monoswords.  The force monoswords are also retractable, but are 2/3 the length of standard monoswords to compensate.  Monoswords can be broken if the assaultsuit (not HRB under normal circumstances, due to reduced strength) has the limiters turned off.  When broken, their explosion completely destroys that arm.  Monoswords can also be broken if they are hit by a strong enough external force or their projector in the forearm is damaged.

I'm pretty sure the pimpknuckle variants already have everything relevant decided already.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27602 on: January 26, 2016, 09:48:44 pm »

No more kinamps? They still work, just a bit more risky now.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #27603 on: January 26, 2016, 09:54:47 pm »

AS/HRB kinamps work the same way that armory kinamps do; you can buy them, but you have to obtain special permission.  Has anyone obtained special permission, anyway?

@London
Where did you get that avatar?  It makes me think of Milno.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27604 on: January 26, 2016, 10:41:52 pm »

@London
Where did you get that avatar?  It makes me think of Milno.
Oh, Augustus Pugin designed it sometime in the 1800s and then.. people just liked it I guess. Because it's big, maybe? Although I don't know why Big Ben would make you think of Milno.

No seriously, you really confused me there. I spent about a minute trying to remember whose name you could have misspelled with autocorrect before I figured out what you meant.

Anyway, silly names aside, it's actually fanart from the game Hero Core, a game by the same guy who made Iji. Link below, image comments may contain spoilers.
http://fav.me/d2ve1qi
I briefly debated using the below instead, with the subtitle "Just DIE!"
http://fav.me/d294a9w
But I found the transparent greyness more soothing and interesting. Something different for the red/orange I've had with my two previous avatars. I like how the artist captures the simple transparent grey artistic style of the game while putting such detail and movement and tension in the image, the kind of feeling you'd experience in a tense boss fight.

It's been a long time since I played Hero Core, but I've found a nice remake of its theme recently that I've been listening to lately, so it's been on my mind.
http://youtu.be/nZroAjU_8hU

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27605 on: January 26, 2016, 11:11:20 pm »

Reposting this from IRC about the medifoam cans being given to Team 1 to use:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27606 on: January 27, 2016, 12:19:29 am »

This is completely unrelated to anything but I think someone should buy Auron's exoskeleton. You know he's a voracious looter, he keeps his stuff in good condition. Mint, even! And a fair price probably yeah.
Buy now, it's going fast!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27607 on: January 27, 2016, 02:36:58 am »

Just out of curiosity, does anyone want to buy it but dont have enough tokens to do so?

Whilst still having some tokens of course.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27608 on: January 27, 2016, 02:55:47 am »

So, nobody with +2 aux on the newb or vet teams that wants to use that second gunnerbot? If not I'll give it to someone on the supervet team, probably Dubley.

Also, if there's people without any weapon, we still have 2 or so guns that can be borrowed from the team fund at no cost.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27609 on: January 27, 2016, 02:59:30 am »

I could use it, but giving Jobasio responsibility over a gun-toting remote-controlled machine of death seems like a terrible idea.

...What am I saying? Sure, we'll take it. I think we'll name it Eustace. Yes, Eustace will be a valuable addition to our happy (and murderous!) little family.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nunzillor

« Reply #27610 on: January 27, 2016, 03:03:58 am »

Well, team 2 has already gotten stuff from the team fund (thanks for that, BTW) so I would understand if others want/need the guns more. 

But Abigail and 4/Pneuma of team 2 currently don't have any guns, though they do have the pw-provided grenades and electrosticks.  I think we would be pleased to have them, if no one else wants them or needs them more.
Edit: oh, um, actually Abigail is at -1 con, so just 1 gun then I guess.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:57:41 am by Nunzillor »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27611 on: January 27, 2016, 05:22:07 am »

@RC / mission equipment discussion
As it stands, the Medical Fund holds 2 Emergency Kits and 2 Medi-foam cans (and 2 more already loaned to Team 1); feel free to include those in the equipment distribution planning as you see fit.

Also, man, it's hard to endure the disappointment and mistrust of your IC hero (even though it is strictly OOC feeling for the moment). You kind of die inside a little.  :-\ Oh well, looking forward to the trial ending! ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:27:36 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27612 on: January 27, 2016, 05:40:46 am »

Dang, I'm sorry if you feel bad about it. Again, I don't think your actions as a player are to be condemned, but this is what I think should be my char's response when faced with these facts.

But hey, maybe Milno will disagree and it won't be so bad. Either way, I think you can store whatever back up character plans you had away, it seems that today is not Maurice's time to die.

And yes, thanks, I'll try to see that at the very least every newb team has some med supplies, and hopefully the vet team as well (don't think the supervets will need it that badly though. They'd probably need a portable machine shop sooner.)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27613 on: January 27, 2016, 06:07:00 am »

Yeah, I perfectly understand everything's in character. It's just... you know... sad to see former comrades, maybe friends, to judge each other as unreasonable, to see their personal paths diverge and go in opposite ways.

And actually, I'm mostly fine with Miya's response (as usual, he's the voice of moderation and reason, and even the sentence he proposed doesn't trouble me - it's not the end of the world, or the end of the big game), it's Milno's condemnation (and refusal to see at least some logic and reason in Maurice's words) that hit me so hard, to my surprise even. Oh well.

Either way, it seems that even if Maurice's and Milno's&Miyamoto's life views may have diverged these days, there probably still would, indeed, be need for them to work together in the future - and this means that all that OOC angst above is going to be a delicious, interesting IC RP opportunity. :P
I'm looking forward to it.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27614 on: January 27, 2016, 08:19:34 am »

I don't think abigail would really shoot someone anyway..with that empathetic gland maybe a grenade or something would be fine she does seem....okay at throwing things?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 1839 1840 [1841] 1842 1843 ... 2205