Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1879 1880 [1881] 1882 1883 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356431 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #28200 on: February 05, 2016, 04:40:03 pm »

((So, is there any way I could get Sods that I could use for testing while being on the Sword? Because, if there isn't could I join the mission at the last minute?))
You could ask syvarris for a sod...

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28201 on: February 05, 2016, 04:43:46 pm »

((So, is there any way I could get Sods that I could use for testing while being on the Sword? Because, if there isn't could I join the mission at the last minute?))
You could ask syvarris for a sod...

I think Syvaris and the rest of the Heph team might be a little busy right now with the whole "oh shit! what horrible memetic abomination did we just unleash upon this universe" thing.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28202 on: February 05, 2016, 04:44:49 pm »

We could have four newbie teams now... Someone else handle rest of them. I'm off to bed.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28203 on: February 05, 2016, 04:45:21 pm »

If you want to do human testing, buy the mewling fleshmass. Sods are for Worf Effect only under ARM rule.

On the subject of Heph... what was wrong with the Cavernsverse? It's by far the least hostile, and seems to be capable of supporting our little escape pod. Maybe instead of casting ever more fishing lines into the shark tank, you should reel in the guppy.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28204 on: February 05, 2016, 04:48:28 pm »

If you want to do human testing, buy the mewling fleshmass. Sods are for Worf Effect only under ARM rule.

I'm trying to create useful abominations, not proof of concept abominations. Besides, its no fun when your test subject can't easily kill you with one hand. :P
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:51:26 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28205 on: February 05, 2016, 04:59:38 pm »

Xcom 2 footage is uploading.

Two named troopers dead so far; one from friendly fire (sort of).

We're certainly starting on the right foot.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28206 on: February 05, 2016, 05:01:11 pm »

Youtube says it's deleted

I just... I no longer have any idea what to do on M26.  Should I just shock everyone unconcious again, and hope for the best?  Return all probes to their home universe, and hope that stops this?  Nuke it from orbit?  Say "Fuck This" and just leave?  All of the above?

And, afterward, how can we possibly improve safety protocols?  "Nobody sapient can observe test rooms.  We use an echolocation device to assess the topology of each probe when it comes in, and have an automated computer system check if it has any major deviations from standard probe shape.  It is immediately returned to a null universe after the sound scan is done, and then returned to home if the scan shows serious anomalies/the computer starts melting or screaming.  If no anomalies are shown, a mad hatter'd version of the feed is shown to a sod on a warship 80 AU away from anything, and if it fails to die, the feed is shown un-mad hatter'd.  Then shown to a human if things continue to not explode.  Then, maybe, if the human reports anything positive, we might bring the probe back."

At which point we learn that it only becomes anomalous after ten seconds in our universe.  *sigh*

@Irony

Braincased people can have enhanced capacity mods.  Saint has one for aux, actually.

I'm pretty sure piecewise finds ways around our defenses when we roll 1's on universe gen. I think to finish this mission, we need to survive all the 1's we roll during universe gen until we roll a 5 with the right parameters. Rolling a 5 with the wrong parameters isn't giving us a universe we can end mission we are on. Rolling a 1 on BAD parameters results in this. Our characters aren't fucked yet, we are just again in a "react well immediately or suffer the consequences" situation. If we survive this, we update our security around this new flaw, aka maaaaybe not mad hatter, as that summoned the lurker the first time, but yeah. Hold the probe for some time in both the transit universe... actually, things started getting worse once we started using transit universes, we may need to rethink that. That's the main danger of this mission, adapting to constant threat until we learn if there is a pattern we can exploit until we get a 5. Get colonies set up in every universe that is livable.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:16:16 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28207 on: February 05, 2016, 05:23:16 pm »

Youtube says it's deleted

I just... I no longer have any idea what to do on M26.  Should I just shock everyone unconcious again, and hope for the best?  Return all probes to their home universe, and hope that stops this?  Nuke it from orbit?  Say "Fuck This" and just leave?  All of the above?

And, afterward, how can we possibly improve safety protocols?  "Nobody sapient can observe test rooms.  We use an echolocation device to assess the topology of each probe when it comes in, and have an automated computer system check if it has any major deviations from standard probe shape.  It is immediately returned to a null universe after the sound scan is done, and then returned to home if the scan shows serious anomalies/the computer starts melting or screaming.  If no anomalies are shown, a mad hatter'd version of the feed is shown to a sod on a warship 80 AU away from anything, and if it fails to die, the feed is shown un-mad hatter'd.  Then shown to a human if things continue to not explode.  Then, maybe, if the human reports anything positive, we might bring the probe back."

At which point we learn that it only becomes anomalous after ten seconds in our universe.  *sigh*

@Irony

Braincased people can have enhanced capacity mods.  Saint has one for aux, actually.

I'm pretty sure piecewise finds ways around our defenses when we roll 1's on universe gen. I think to finish this mission, we need to survive all the 1's we roll during universe gen until we roll a 5 with the right parameters. Rolling a 5 with the wrong parameters isn't giving us a universe we can end mission we are on. Rolling a 1 on BAD parameters results in this. Our characters aren't fucked yet, we are just again in a "react well immediately or suffer the consequences" situation. If we survive this, we update our security around this new flaw, aka maaaaybe not mad hatter, as that summoned the lurker the first time, but yeah. Hold the probe for some time in both the transit universe... actually, things started getting worse once we started using transit universes, we may need to rethink that. That's the main danger of this mission, adapting to constant threat until we learn if there is a pattern we can exploit until we get a 5. Get colonies set up in every universe that is livable.
It's only 9% up.

Also sy

"Conduit Summoning"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28208 on: February 05, 2016, 05:39:28 pm »

I know that, statistically, careful people rarely die, but vauge statements like that keep me afraid of this game.

Does anyone know what "conduit summoning" is?  Google isn't being particularly helpful.

@Piecewise
Oh, you're doing XCOM already?  Have you gotten a male sniper yet?  I didn't specify this before, but I'd prefer a sniper focused on the left side of the skill tree.  I only recently learned that there's multiple types of sniper.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28209 on: February 05, 2016, 05:40:31 pm »

I bet I'll enjoy watching piecewise direct a band of misfits and rebels as they battle aliens and corrupt humans in search of loot and freedom.

Also, Xan, I hope you're copy-pasting those PMs somewhere. It will be fun to view them when you wish to reveal them.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28210 on: February 05, 2016, 05:41:23 pm »

I know that, statistically, careful people rarely die, but vauge statements like that keep me afraid of this game.

Does anyone know what "conduit summoning" is?  Google isn't being particularly helpful.

Well, remember Morul?

Kind of like that, I suspect.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28211 on: February 05, 2016, 05:43:02 pm »

Shameless "can I escape this event due to my actions being misunderstood the last 3 turns" update to my action =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28212 on: February 05, 2016, 07:45:31 pm »

I bet I'll enjoy watching piecewise direct a band of misfits and rebels as they battle aliens and corrupt humans in search of loot and freedom.

Also, Xan, I hope you're copy-pasting those PMs somewhere. It will be fun to view them when you wish to reveal them.
I'm keeping copies of all of them. It may be a while before I do reveal them because there's some things I need to resolve first, but this story's definetely coming out.

It's too much of a lolololol moment not to.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28213 on: February 05, 2016, 07:55:20 pm »

I'd like confirmation on whether or not I can join the mission please
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28214 on: February 05, 2016, 08:04:38 pm »

I'd like confirmation on whether or not I can join the mission please
I'm ok with it. I mean, we've got like what, 20 fucking newbies already right? Whats 21
Pages: 1 ... 1879 1880 [1881] 1882 1883 ... 2205