Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1899 1900 [1901] 1902 1903 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2346926 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #28500 on: February 11, 2016, 12:28:13 am »

I assume because many people aren't watching all the threads. Or just aren't as enthused.

Or maybe because when everything's special, nothing is.

I think you're very special, Devastator!

Do you want us to dress up a character for you to play choose your own adventure?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28501 on: February 11, 2016, 12:35:13 am »

As long as there is no biological basis, yeah, that should work. We don't know how the masks react to dimension hopping though
I'm hoping most if not all of our space magic that works through specific arrangements of matter fail. Because otherwise that presents a bit of an issue, doesn't it? They are a symptom of our universe's instability, so seeing them still work in a universe we plan on escaping to would be a definite cause for concern.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28502 on: February 11, 2016, 12:41:47 am »

I assume because many people aren't watching all the threads. Or just aren't as enthused.

Or maybe because when everything's special, nothing is.

Do you want us to dress up a character for you to play choose your own adventure?
Put on your robe and wizard hat, because we're entering a magical realm!

Are we getting better at universe guessing or just blindly flailing into alien multi-dicks?
We're getting better at receiving the alien multi-dicks.
Thats a pretty good summary of the game in general, me thinks.

By the way, I found a good image for the top of the wall of remembrance page on the wiki

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28503 on: February 11, 2016, 12:45:49 am »

The magic school bus?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28504 on: February 11, 2016, 06:56:11 am »

Magic realm? Sorcery! Aka the game where you can throw rocks at the elderly?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28505 on: February 11, 2016, 07:55:43 am »

By the way, I found a good image for the top of the wall of remembrance page on the wiki

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When you put that up, could you maybe also update the wall with all the new dead, if you find the time? We have quite a few. Could use the char page of the wiki to help you remember who it was and how they died: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Index#Dead

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28506 on: February 11, 2016, 09:25:12 am »

Dunno.  You think you could manage to allow a character that doesn't have to read armoury pages or look at stats?  Empirical data only?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28507 on: February 11, 2016, 10:11:25 am »

https://xcom.com/xcom-2-stats

Apparently 2/3rds of soldiers die to "Collateral damage"

Seems about right.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28508 on: February 11, 2016, 10:35:28 am »

Dunno.  You think you could manage to allow a character that doesn't have to read armoury pages or look at stats?  Empirical data only?

Doing Hep universe exploration might fit into that. Especially if you do it manually! No time to look at the armory if the electrons in your body are spontaneously being converted into antimatter.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28509 on: February 11, 2016, 11:18:45 am »

Put on your robe and wizard hat, because we're entering a magical realm!
I can't wait. Also, very relevant.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28510 on: February 11, 2016, 12:22:04 pm »

Doing Hep universe exploration might fit into that. Especially if you do it manually! No time to look at the armory if the electrons in your body are spontaneously being converted into antimatter.

The fun for me would be making people describe the ridiculous, broken gear without using the shortcut of the cop-out names or analogies.

Hep universe exploration would either be me doing nothing, or me solving all the problems for you guys by going at them hammer-and-tongs.  I haven't gone over all of them in detail, but some of the problem universes look very fixable by applying scientific principles to it.  Spiders, for one.  There's some potentially interesting problems, but I don't see much of a payoff in fixing them for you.

It might be fun to design all my own gear, but I don't know what the point is to that, in a universe ruled by power-creep and indescribable magic artifacts.  If I can describe it, it will likely be worse than anything 'magic', because...  ?  It also wouldn't be fun because it wouldn't be special.  Anything I make that is allowed to function would be available to the guys who broke the universe, where it would be immediately misused.

I think the only thing that might be fun (other than playing the opposing side and killing you all), would be a character made by you guys, with zero OOC information.  No wiki, no stats, no equipping, I just get stuff and examine it personally, because the names are meaningless.  Reading mission briefings just makes me sad, reading armory items makes me sad, whipping up stats makes me sad, etcetera.  There might be a little fun with examining something and asking a basic question about it's design here and there.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28511 on: February 11, 2016, 12:33:45 pm »

https://xcom.com/xcom-2-stats

Apparently 2/3rds of soldiers die to "Collateral damage"

Seems about right.
Wow, nobody beat the game yet? I haven't even gotten the game yet, but I expected some obsessed person to finish the game in a day or two by playing 48 hours straight. Guess it must be a relatively long and/or challenging game then, at least in veteran and above difficulties. I'll have to try it when I get some free time. Probably wait a while for them to patch it and get some good mods out.

Also, while I appreciate the "damages caused" counter, I am disappointed there is no "civilians killed" counter next to it. Or some sort of easter egg or ridiculous combination of occurrences counter.

If you like watching sci-fi things that might make you sad, may I suggest Black Mirror? I don't know if it will cause any you to feel anything, but it's got a "technologies that might make people suffer in the near-future" and "ethics of the near-future" thing going on, you might like it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28512 on: February 11, 2016, 12:48:52 pm »

I don't believe nobody has beaten it.

Also, so many windows jumped through.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28513 on: February 11, 2016, 12:53:06 pm »

I don't believe nobody has beaten it.

Also, so many windows jumped through.
Well, true. I bet those statistics are only for copies of the game that have been bought or otherwise "properly" acquired. Or maybe there's an option in game to turn off reporting statistics.

Well, welcome to the party.
https://youtu.be/vD94dVu8lqQ
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 01:01:21 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28514 on: February 11, 2016, 01:47:45 pm »

Despite having posted before, only now I found time to catch up. And I see now that we have to use the Radio Chatter thread, so I'll leave a link in the mission thread for whatever intraparty communication I post there.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 01:50:06 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 1899 1900 [1901] 1902 1903 ... 2205