Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2034 2035 [2036] 2037 2038 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356106 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30525 on: May 14, 2016, 05:54:08 pm »

I hope it does.

But Pan, how many players have gone idle waiting for anything to happen? how many have stopped bothering to read most of the threads? If it's not boring, then why is about half the playerbase not even keeping up with what is going on?

remember that people that respond to questions like "are you bored" are going to be biased in favor of those that bother to read the questions anymore because they aren't as bored as those that aren't.
You're saying that like it's a problem specific to ER. People go idle/stop reading threads in every rtd/forum game I've seen. Players have been going braindead in ER long before any of the current things were happening. If they get bored when nothing amazing happens for a few turns and immediatly give up on playing, that's their choice.
fair point.
Okay, well, I'm bored. That's still a fair statement. But you're right, I can't speak for others, if others are bored they'll have to say so themselves.
I'm pretty bored, but Typhoon accomplished its mission objectives spectacularly, quite possibly due to my continued sanity.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30526 on: May 14, 2016, 07:22:55 pm »

What would a Pimponium metal pill from pill machine do?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30527 on: May 14, 2016, 07:28:24 pm »

Kedly's idea works.

Alternatively, drastically reduce the price of all Nyars boxes and Pill Machine usage. Then let incompetence run its course :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30528 on: May 14, 2016, 07:40:59 pm »

Working on it!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30529 on: May 14, 2016, 07:57:47 pm »

I've started this post three times.

PW, end both missions and start the last two. But take some time before starting it. And ask the players for pm'ed suggestions on how to challenge various characters and groups. And feel free to force the groups to be limited, so that they can't call in outside help from across the galaxy/ You have an in game justification already, what with Lurker, Shadow Light, and let's not forget the Altered, Eater of Stars, interfering with everything.

I mean really, there are plenty of ways, in universe, to threaten your player characters, or to at least give them a challenge. I mean, like Pancaek said, it doesn't have to be pure survival mode nonstop for it to be fun. Let them feel secure in their own person, but give them a task that must be completed, without breaking everything. even the most powerful must learn delicacy at some point. nd M26 was supposed to be an exploration mission - it didn't necessarily have to be a disaster balanced on a precipice dancing with a catastrophe. Not that I mind, really.
:(

I'm sorry for being one of the largest problems, at least on M26.  As others have said, building the infinity+1 shield is just natural to me, and is actually fun besides.  I didn't mean to lower the overall quality of the gameplay, and I'm perfectly fine with limiting myself to improve it.

In case it's any consolation, I've been enjoying M26.  Even the alien god, while excessive, has been fun--I'm just worried about failing and ending the entire mission for everyone.  I think other people have been having fun, at least with the universe explorations.  We don't really need to be in danger of death to have fun, because thinking of how to deal with each universe, and then implementing plans, is actually enjoyable.  At least for me, and I think some other people in M26.
There's nothing wrong with your attempts to be safety minded I just don't know a way to get around them without it being bullshit.
I can think of a few ways. Feel free to ask :P

I've been popping on a little less because there isn't much to do yeah, but again, I'm fine with it because I know were wrapping up. Another reason we are being so safe with M26 is that we haven't found many viable universes outside orgy-verse, and fucking this up before that could end the game in a shitty way for everyone, so I personally would be totally cool with Radio's idea of a time skip forward with a couple of universes you have tailored to be challenging to different players. I would even go so far as to say YOU choose the team roster for the last set of missions, so you can tailor these universes to what you know of the current players. The last round of missions could be us set in each universe with a colony ship and an EUE, and having to keep everyone alive long enough to find a good location for the eue and to set it up. That would also allow some missions to fail without completely dooming everyone. Just an Idea
+1

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30530 on: May 15, 2016, 04:15:40 am »

There's a reason I jumped at the opportunity to throw myself into danger. I didn't hide behind 20 sods; I'm guessing I have maybe 2 rifle-wielding guards to really cover my ass?

I understand there's an insane power creep, and I've actually done the best I can to avoid becoming another big butt to hide behind. It's like complaining that Skyrim isn't fun anymore because you're level 200 and glitched your armor to insane levels. I've got crazy psycho killer arms but I'm still made of meat. I will still bleed to death if shot. That's how I like it. I like how these bastards could stab me to death if I fuck it up, even if the armed guards can shoot them all dead.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30531 on: May 15, 2016, 09:40:00 am »

eh, part or the problem with m26 and actual human exploration is: there is no real reason to send humans first, just like is true IRL. All we are doing is checking universes for survivability. and since we can teleport in to those universes literally anywhere, well, we can easily avoid any non-ubiquitous threats. so, either the universe is threatening, survivable but iuninhabitable (lack of resources, for example), or livable. there are very few situations which wold require a hands on approach - and we have still sent humans into at least four universes: RecursiveBeastverse(aka analverse), Hiveverse (aka rustverse), Cavernverse, and Orgyverse. Three of these expeditions were PC groups.

But!

You know, direct involvement isn't necessary for this mission to be fun. I mean, we are dealing with cosmic, abstract, and complicated issues. Trying to find every contingency and panning for it is part of the fun. Though it makes PW work harder, and yes, tends to have some players lose out a bit. But there's always that portal to m27 ...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30532 on: May 15, 2016, 09:01:04 pm »

I find it sad that Jackson never came to me to get fixed, I had ideas.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30533 on: May 15, 2016, 09:02:24 pm »

I find it sad that Jackson never came to me to get fixed, I had ideas.
I did p-dubs just got impatient so fill free to correct him right now
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30534 on: May 15, 2016, 09:07:58 pm »

Oh nothing beneficial, I was just going to stitch his mouth shut and slap new flesh over it so it was like it was never there so he could stop annoying Xan with his pseudo-Shakespeare rambling.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30535 on: May 15, 2016, 09:11:42 pm »

Oh nothing beneficial, I was just going to stitch his mouth shut and slap new flesh over it so it was like it was never there so he could stop annoying Xan with his pseudo-Shakespeare rambling.

Something something x -man origin's dead pool
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #30536 on: May 16, 2016, 01:23:43 am »

Something something x -man origin's dead pool
Deadpool wasn't in Origins.
*Shoots himself in the head to avoid listening to more of this nonsense*

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30537 on: May 16, 2016, 05:57:24 am »

Yah he was, he was this guy.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30538 on: May 16, 2016, 06:42:23 am »

That's just a man without mouth.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30539 on: May 16, 2016, 08:22:51 am »

Alternatively, drastically reduce the price of all Nyars boxes and Pill Machine usage. Then let incompetence run its course :P

END OF THE WORLD BLOWOUT SALE

EVERYTHING MUST GO

VIOLENTLY
Pages: 1 ... 2034 2035 [2036] 2037 2038 ... 2205