Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2052 2053 [2054] 2055 2056 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2349938 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30795 on: May 24, 2016, 03:28:26 am »

"Empire attack"? Actually, holy fuck, it's terrible. God no. I used to have too much time to do terrible things on my hands.

Would play toribash, try SS13 though my computer's a brick. Would probably have a go at most other stuff, but don't really want to buy something.
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30796 on: May 24, 2016, 04:42:10 am »

I looked it up, and PoE only accepts six players.  That's... actually probably more than sufficient, but it's a game with some continuity (because level and equipment matters), and is a big download.  Probably not ideal, but if a lot of people want it, I guess it's good.

Space Station 13 would be very entertaining.  I ghosted in a round a year or so ago, and watched a boarder murder half the crew with an SMG.  Though, problems would be the relative length of a SS13 turn, and the menagerie of things that need to be taken care of.  When I archived binged the SS13 wiki, I was amazed at just how much stuff there was to do to keep the station functional.  If only a few people are veterans of the game, I could see the whole thing going to hell quick, even without the normal challenges that come up.  Maybe that's a good thing, though.

Edit: Also, Apparently there's a mod that reliably allows you to connect to specific people in Dark Souls.  I still would love to do a fight club in it, or even some sort of coop challenge.  "NG+7 perma-gravelorded aggressive mod" would be suitably challenging, I imagine.
I believe there are planet-type maps these days that don't require so much upkeep as a station to keep running. Otherwise, yeah, there's a little busywork at the start to keep things going smoothly (such as setting up engine). For an experienced mod though lots of options for custom rounds are available.

I like the concept of Zombie Master, and apparently there's a Zombie Master 2?  I dunno how well it works in practice, but it seems good.
The sequel has a stable build, but is rather incomplete compared to the original. Better stick to the forst one.

I thought of PS2, but any time I've tried to play that with other people, I didn't really feel like I was playing a game with them.  More, I was in a battle that they were also in, somewhere, and I might occasionally run into them.  Maybe it'd be different with more people.
That's cause you try to play it right. The most fun I've ever had with PS2 is me and a buddy grabbing a quad, setting a waypoint deep in enemy territory and racing over there, trying to survive as long as possible. Or daring to see who can run the most circles around an enemy tank before blowing the fuck up. Or getting into an enemy base and ramping EVERYTHING. Or grabbing fighters and jousting with each other. Or 1 person in a quad, the others in planes, and then the airplanes have to try and ram the dude on the quad who tries his best not to get crashed to hell.

Also, I think team fortress 2 has a PvE mode these days. Some other f2p online shooters have PvE modes as well, often defense maps, so those could be fun to try. Oh, and the spring engine is free and fun, though isn't very good for beginners.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:49:44 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30797 on: May 24, 2016, 07:14:31 am »

I think the most thematically appropriate for us would be ss13 in actual space, so we can eat vacuum and die, space cowboy.
Lack of experience and needing to keep up with a million things to not die just contributes to that, I think.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30798 on: May 24, 2016, 07:45:29 am »

I would totally try ss13
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #30799 on: May 24, 2016, 08:48:45 am »

http://youtu.be/Vhd3kGtS2tg?list=UUM0SjefkLfGQ47fo5abHwRA
Here's that old playlist I was talking about. It's a bit old, do I bet things have changed since then, but I think it gives a good idea about what you can do in the game. The chemistry experiments and the generator are probably the flashiest. And traitors too, if they're fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30800 on: May 24, 2016, 09:39:02 am »

Toribash is a good idea because it's free.

I'd like to play nidhogg, but thats 15 bucks and I doubt many people will be willing or able to pay that much. I could use my slowly accumulating patreon money to buy some copies and give out the keys but I don't know how fair that would be.

Brawlhalla is a smash bros style game thats free to play (though I think the free to play one has less characters than the pay one)

Boring man
http://store.steampowered.com/app/346120/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_3
Looks pretty simple and fun, and free.

Guns of icarus is only 10 bucks, but it also requires a computer that isn't terrible.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30801 on: May 24, 2016, 09:41:38 am »

I own nidhogg, if you want to play sometime, just the two of us~

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30802 on: May 24, 2016, 09:48:07 am »

I can vouch that Boring Man is kinda fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30803 on: May 24, 2016, 10:15:49 am »

There's some difficulty in finding a game that has online multiplayer, is free, and is easy to get into.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30804 on: May 24, 2016, 10:18:19 am »

Pick two one. :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30805 on: May 24, 2016, 10:24:46 am »

What about those source engine mods I mentioned earlier? Those should answer to all of those criteria. Source SDK is free, and there are boatloads of mods out there, often with servers still up so you won't even need to set one up.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:29:46 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30806 on: May 24, 2016, 10:25:39 am »

How many of those can be played on mobile?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30807 on: May 24, 2016, 10:31:47 am »

We ready to start the next missions or are people still getting ready?
Info needed about task and team before final prep can be done.
You're vet right? Prepare for aliens and weirdness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30808 on: May 24, 2016, 10:37:10 am »

Requesting mission brief but with an extended period between brief and mission start to allow final prep and RP
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #30809 on: May 24, 2016, 10:39:08 am »

I'd like to be in on this one too. This should be a fun first mission :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 2052 2053 [2054] 2055 2056 ... 2205