Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2065 2066 [2067] 2068 2069 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319418 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30990 on: May 28, 2016, 10:12:38 am »

Remember how origin basically has a lot of info on a lot of things? Including things like DNA?
And one of the things piecewise said Origin/Synthflesh/Altered would say if it could speak would be (to paraphrase) "Oh, I'm so angry, why didn't you do X like you were supposed to?"

So it's very likely that either this is a universe where their Origin's plans turned out as it wanted OR the creators of origin are in that universe and that our Origin is simply a colonisation effort on an unimaginably universal scale that has gone wrong, with humans being an accidental result of our Origin malfunctioning and creating us and some other things without creating everything it was supposed to the way it was supposed to. In a way, Origin could be an indication that someone beat us without question in the race to spread across the multiverse before we even knew there was a race, before we even existed.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30991 on: May 28, 2016, 06:32:44 pm »

Anyone know a good podcast I can listen to on my drive between states on tuesday?

Also, did we ever figure out a game to play tomorrow?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30992 on: May 28, 2016, 06:41:49 pm »

Anyone know a good podcast I can listen to on my drive between states on tuesday?

rt podcast, can send files for dawn of war soul storm if you guys want, I call Imp Guard
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30993 on: May 28, 2016, 07:07:50 pm »

Podcast?  DF Talk? ER Talk?  Those are the only two I listen to.  On long drives, I tend to listen to audiobooks.

As for a game, no.  I think Path of Exile had the most people saying they'd be willing to play, surprisingly.  Space Station 13 also got a lot of votes, and has the advantage of being free, but it would need a server.  I could probably run a server myself, though I dunno if my hardware is sufficient--I'd be using a fairly old gaming laptop and a tethered phone.  Toribash might be best, as it's the simplest to setup, run, and play, though I don't think too many people supported it.

Cards against Humanity is always good, of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #30994 on: May 28, 2016, 07:09:27 pm »

I only listen to the Crate and Crowbar, if you like videogames and british people.

PoE is also free, I believe, but it's not a game I'd personally be interested in at all.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:11:23 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30995 on: May 28, 2016, 07:12:56 pm »

I would suggest TF2.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #30997 on: May 28, 2016, 07:53:43 pm »

Time to revive the old voting thread, complete with single transferable vote? :P
I love that our community is now massive enough that this is a thing we have to do.

EDIT: I proclaim that the conscientious is for ss13, and my word is law!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #30998 on: May 28, 2016, 07:59:08 pm »

I'm for TF2 or SS13. Not that I'll get a chance to play, but... :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30999 on: May 28, 2016, 07:59:27 pm »

I'm for TF2 or SS13. Not that I'll get a chance to play, but... :P
Either for me too
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31000 on: May 28, 2016, 08:37:36 pm »

Well, if you're wanting something vaguely journalistic, This American Life is usually pretty interesting. Each episode centers around a loose theme, and consists of three "acts".

There's also Serial, a podcast produced by This American Life in which they cover a single story in depth over the course of every season. So far, I've only listened to most of Season Two (about Bo Burgdahl's captivity and the associated scandal), but what I've heard so far is pretty damn good.

RadioLab covers all sorts of interesting stuff, from news stories to historical stuff to new tech developments, and if you haven't already checked it out you really should.

For stuff related to technology and the internet, there's a podcast called Reply All. It's not as fascinating as a lot of the other ones, but it's still entertaining.

If you want something a little more dramatic, The Black Tapes podcast (paranormal investigation stuff, but not excessively cheesy) is alright. I would avoid looking up much about it if you plan on listening, though. You'll enjoy it more that way.

If you like history, Stuff You Missed in History Class and You Must Remember This are both both fascinating. You Must Remember this in particular devoted an entire season to Charles Manson, his "family", and the associated murders, the entirety of which I binge-listened to in one evening.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #31001 on: May 28, 2016, 08:40:48 pm »

I personally recommend The Technical Difficulties.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31002 on: May 28, 2016, 09:28:37 pm »

TF2 is looking like the winner if only because it's viably easy to get into.

Though I am terrible at FPS so that will be "fun".

How do we get one of these things set up anyways?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31003 on: May 28, 2016, 09:55:45 pm »

TF2 is looking like the winner if only because it's viably easy to get into.

Though I am terrible at FPS so that will be "fun".

How do we get one of these things set up anyways?
Used to run a server for  tf2 with friends, though I doubt I could get that back up, just make steam party and join que together
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31004 on: May 28, 2016, 10:10:55 pm »

TF2?  When is this I CAN DO THE THING.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 2065 2066 [2067] 2068 2069 ... 2205