Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2083 2084 [2085] 2086 2087 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319631 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31260 on: June 12, 2016, 04:42:18 am »

...Spaz did.  In the post just before mine.  I was responding to him, by saying it was unnecessary.

Also, I'm not sure how Saint would make himself more computerized.  He literally doesn't hear, see, or feel anything, due to the potential danger of perception viruses.  Instead, he has programs and sods translate everything into text (thought?) for him.  The same programs and sods handle all his output; he never actually speaks, and has a computer do it for him.  If he wants his body to walk, he has a sod brain walk it.  They're just better at it, and he doesn't care for the distraction.
That is really, really cool, good roleplaying.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31261 on: June 12, 2016, 04:56:40 am »

Saint's pretty close to an AI.  If you really want, I can start playing him like a control freak--I just don't normally do so because I dislike controlling other players.
All you need to do is to push us into motion. Once the ball is rolling, it rolls until it something happens. "You,  you , you and you go into this universe. Rest of you go into this another universe. Remember teachings of good old Dr. Sanctor."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31262 on: June 12, 2016, 04:57:47 am »

Is it possible to modify stats? I really feel like I want to swap out my milno/exoskeleton for an assaultsuit, but I just can't make the aux grade.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31263 on: June 12, 2016, 05:02:56 am »

Yes, but it costs tokens. I think it was 1 token for every 5 points transferred?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31264 on: June 12, 2016, 07:56:40 am »

Saint's pretty close to an AI.  If you really want, I can start playing him like a control freak--I just don't normally do so because I dislike controlling other players.
All you need to do is to push us into motion. Once the ball is rolling, it rolls until it something happens. "You,  you , you and you go into this universe. Rest of you go into this another universe. Remember teachings of good old Dr. Sanctor."
eh, it'd help if each universe got a thread, or something. "Here is the thread for x. post there if you are going."

especially since m26 has become tinker/heph/m26/m29?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31265 on: June 12, 2016, 10:52:06 am »

Nah, it could be done like better part of Sharkmist mission was. I mean from pw's side. Group posts by universe and write general outcome of turn for whole group. The part where we inevitably fuck up and release some alien death penis happens anyway.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31266 on: June 12, 2016, 08:03:22 pm »

Either way, I think the threads have gotten hopelessly muddled, conflated, and confused. It's little wonder few, besides the [edit] detail oriented, equipment developers and organizers [/edit], know where to post for what.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:19:10 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31268 on: June 12, 2016, 08:30:38 pm »

Posting this for future plans for armor and use of extra mcp1 and such for when finished with deep infermary looting, aka when ever I finish with the vr machine and have secured the loot ables
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:56:26 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31269 on: June 12, 2016, 09:17:54 pm »

I'm not happy with how things are being handled either, you don't need to use slurs. :(
No offense meant. It's a playstyle thing. I'll edit it out though, and I apologize for the insult.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31270 on: June 12, 2016, 09:28:13 pm »

When you try and force upon something that has so far yet bčn a bunch of insane loosely organized bunch oF misfits with a knack for getting into and out of trouble into a strict military organizatoon with no room for argument inevitably someone will get mad, also a propper general knows when to take que from those below him and will not get mad when questioned. He or she will instead explain and convince, lest thise men below him desert him when he needs them most. Loosen up guys, set up a system of pback up plans so we can do riskier things with out just getting bogged down in a big mess like what is happening in many ways, Create a semi automated system. Progress has never been made with out risks. Nuclear fusion got us new forms of power and tech but also nearly brough civilization to a close durring the cold war and its many missile crisis. The best we can do is prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and be a little risky taking it one step at a time to make sure everything is safe before we outright make one full plan, not ditch everything at the first sign of danger denying everything and making things confused. We're the ARM and HRMC, not the Damn Empire of Man, or the late Roman empire with its clunkiness...my point stands
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31271 on: June 12, 2016, 10:38:37 pm »

Nice text about "we are strong, independent lunatics who don't need no leaders" spaz, very dramatic. But let's not forget that we've gotten so big that, without people like Syv to put some semblance of order in this mess, we would quickly devolve into people going brain-dead because nothing ever happens and people aimlessly wandering about because they don't know what to do.

We should probably split up the thread more so there's less confusion of who goes where, that should solve most of the confusion. After that Saint can give each team a shove into their proper dimension and then they can go on an adventure.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31272 on: June 12, 2016, 10:56:30 pm »

Nice text about "we are strong, independent lunatics who don't need no leaders" spaz, very dramatic. But let's not forget that we've gotten so big that, without people like Syv to put some semblance of order in this mess, we would quickly devolve into people going brain-dead because nothing ever happens and people aimlessly wandering about because they don't know what to do.

We should probably split up the thread more so there's less confusion of who goes where, that should solve most of the confusion. After that Saint can give each team a shove into their proper dimension and then they can go on an adventure.
So, we're going to points of lowering each other's ideals, belittling them and shoving words into each other's mouths without taking propper heqd or asking for clarriffication? Well, I thought some here mature, I at least have tried to make up for my early days here

How about I put it in simple terms like this:

To much damn beurocracy it drives down the pacing. By belittling my points to simple terms you missed what I said and further insulted me. You wish to play this game, wish to fence with words, bring it on and we shall see whom comes on top.
So please have the common decency that many seem to lack and listen closely, too much beurocracy and safety to the point ofminsanity, there is a fine balance and there is many things we could automate rhat would make it a hell of a lot easier on us. I guess a good analagy as to the difficulties I see with these levels of beuroceacy is a tyrants ruling amtyrants over everyone else. Eventualy you will have no say over what restroom you go in. I have read through all the missions and such and I can say when there was little bit of leader ship to provide guidance and keep the mission on track so that people didn't get sidet4acked, that was fine. Kept the pacing quick and easy. Now, read through m26, so much could've simply been automat3d, so much of the security, and all the issues with stuff. Or otherwise. All the issues over security and shit with orgy-verse or otherwise could've been automated to work quite well with some customizability allowed and would have made things quicker. If you look into what is being discussed right now, it's beurocracy, not transdimensional travel. You could have easily set up a basic universe exploration kit for newbies, but you didn't and a lack of that for thought and unwilliness to reach a quick and easy compromies has only furhter slowed things down. Right now I view that we coudld all simply make a quick thread for all the leaders of m26 and hep and figure things out quickly, easily, efficiantly in such a way that would ipultimately make things easier on all of us. And when all of you guys reach a good conclusion, you put it all together and send it to pw. No, I do not wish for us to be complete chaos, even before the Arm there were still mission leaders and steve there to keep things on track. So far all that has happened was organized chaos, so to speak, things slow down un beuricrqcy and red tape that could easily be figured iut. Players loose freedom to other players by the boat load, the game slowls down, and soon enough a good number of players are bored and frustrated

Tl;DR So mcuh damn inniefficiency and beurocracy slowling down the game and ruining it for quite a few players. Make another chat and figure out how to best solve all the issues of multi universal exploration in a way that can be easily modified for new variables.

One more thing just to put this out there, you, arm leaders cannot do anything to Jack outside of giving him orders or denying him from doing something with out it being an inevitable bout of those in power abusing their power, and I bet that is an argument we do not wish to go down for that would only make things worse. So be mature keep it ooc, for that is what this is to me.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:04:08 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31273 on: June 12, 2016, 11:12:03 pm »

I'm not trying to belittle your ideals or anything grand like that. I simply put one of your point into the stereotypical sassy black woman prose because it gets thrown around here from time to time and I don't agree. It's for comedic effect. I'm sorry if you don't find it funny, my humour isn't for everyone.

I suppose the bureaucracy is slowing things down a bit. But like we've previously established, we really can't just leave anything to chance with this universe exploring business, because whatever generator/method of uses really wants to kill us all in new and incentive ways. I'm sure that the pace will pick up once we get the teams into their respective universes and all of this pre-exploration preparation is behind us.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31274 on: June 12, 2016, 11:19:27 pm »

It's fine, just meeting sass with sass and a little bit of foightin' terms.

Eh, okay. I still propose trying to set up a system for exploring colonizable universes as well as a basic universe exploration team kit, 1 for non spess magic tech and on for spess mahgick tehk universes. Also sending
 Stealthnsystems out in cocentric points going out from the portal, and maybe we can finaly use all those sods orbiting heph to remove skme of those pesjy xenos. I meqn not for every universe but perhaps an option of last resort, every new universe colony has a free bunch of sods and sod cloning equipement to act as protectors of the universe ans answer to whom ever is in charge of the colony unless told otherwise or that guy dies in which case it's whom ever has the next highest status, but even then I think splitting them up so its a lot of dumb brute sods, some basic tac sods that have basic military knowledge and then a small squad of normal people (perhaps not even players but npcs too) who act as ncp's (I beleive I am using that term right) for the person in charge of the squad, I would not deny that it would be best for there to be a comander whom is the best at tactics
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 2083 2084 [2085] 2086 2087 ... 2205