Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2084 2085 [2086] 2087 2088 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319662 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31275 on: June 13, 2016, 10:50:02 am »

Wait, I haven't really been following M26 that closely, but are there really such serious problems there? I'd be willing to help with organizing things if necessary (dunno how bad it is right now honestly, can't imagine it's anything that can't be fixed by syv and ozarck), though I don't want to butt in unasked. Just give a yell if it's needed, I guess.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31276 on: June 13, 2016, 10:58:21 am »

I think we either need a PC to organise stuff, or for PW to make very readily accessible objectives and paths to them, a la vet mission, which people can randomly charge down and die until a PC organises stuff.
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31277 on: June 13, 2016, 12:35:41 pm »

ALL NEWBIES GO HERE

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158724.0

BY THAT I MEAN ALL NEWBIES ASSIGNED OR SIGNED UP FOR ALTERNATE UNIVERSE EXPLORATION DUTIES.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31278 on: June 13, 2016, 01:51:13 pm »

((Cha roll: 1. You are now robosexual, and now uncomfortably attracted to most of your teammates and enemies. Good luck!  :P ))
Aha! That's where you're wrong! Flint's already a robosexual! That makes your prediction completely unfounded! So who's silly now, eh?
Wait, hold on a sec...

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31279 on: June 13, 2016, 01:56:33 pm »

Posting this for future plans for armor and use of extra mcp1 and such for when finished with deep infermary looting, aka when ever I finish with the vr machine and have secured the loot ables
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
P-Dubs to save time could you just kinda roll for this ahead of time so I can immediately get over for the Orgy-Verse exploration?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31280 on: June 13, 2016, 02:02:11 pm »

Wait, I haven't really been following M26 that closely, but are there really such serious problems there? I'd be willing to help with organizing things if necessary (dunno how bad it is right now honestly, can't imagine it's anything that can't be fixed by syv and ozarck), though I don't want to butt in unasked. Just give a yell if it's needed, I guess.

I honestly have no idea what Spaz is talking about.  Here's the situation as I understand it:

M26 was given six "good" universes, and stopped looking at new universes.  At the same time, all newbies were assigned to M26 and I was put in charge, without me quite registering it--I assumed we'd just be doing everything how we had been doing, where everyone basically self-organizes and does what they're interested in, with the chain of command only existing to settle disputes.  I also got put in charge of determining what mission equipment people get, and ended up procrastinating about it until Ozarck did it instead.

The primary issue, as I see it, is that M26 has moved from Heph-style gameplay where people run experiments and such, to mission style gameplay where people are shoved into groups and flung into adventures.  The former worked pretty well without someone actually paying attention and organizing people, but the latter requires someone to do so, and I got assigned the job.  It is evidently not a job I am good at.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31281 on: June 13, 2016, 02:35:14 pm »

I honestly have no idea what Spaz is talking about.  Here's the situation as I understand it:

M26 was given six "good" universes, and stopped looking at new universes.  At the same time, all newbies were assigned to M26 and I was put in charge, without me quite registering it--I assumed we'd just be doing everything how we had been doing, where everyone basically self-organizes and does what they're interested in, with the chain of command only existing to settle disputes.  I also got put in charge of determining what mission equipment people get, and ended up procrastinating about it until Ozarck did it instead.

The primary issue, as I see it, is that M26 has moved from Heph-style gameplay where people run experiments and such, to mission style gameplay where people are shoved into groups and flung into adventures.  The former worked pretty well without someone actually paying attention and organizing people, but the latter requires someone to do so, and I got assigned the job.  It is evidently not a job I am good at.
HEPH PEOPLE CONTINUE WORK AS USUAL, I'LL HANDLE THOSE MISSIONS WITH THE NEWBIES

NEWBIES: GO TO MISSION CONFUSED CONQUISTADOR

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31282 on: June 13, 2016, 02:37:54 pm »

Posting this for future plans for armor and use of extra mcp1 and such for when finished with deep infermary looting, aka when ever I finish with the vr machine and have secured the loot ables
P-Dubs to save time could you just kinda roll for this ahead of time so I can immediately get over for the Orgy-Verse exploration?

NO TINKER! IF IT'S PURELY FOR LOOKS THEN CONSIDER IT DONE BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR MINOR WEAPON MODIFICATIONS AND REALLY WON'T DO MUCH! I LITERALLY HAVE A BUSTED PIPE IN MY CEILING LEAKING WATER INTO THE KITCHEN.

*COCKS RIFLE IN INTIMIDATING FASHION*
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:40:11 pm by piecewise »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31283 on: June 13, 2016, 02:39:54 pm »

I just wanna look cool for fun..... and be ready in case anything happens.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31284 on: June 13, 2016, 02:40:12 pm »

Hey pw, I think your keyboard is stuck on 'screaming'.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31285 on: June 13, 2016, 02:41:53 pm »

Hey pw, I think your keyboard is stuck on 'screaming'.
[SKELETON NOISES]

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31286 on: June 13, 2016, 02:43:18 pm »

P-dubz, I understand your ceiling leaking. had a hole in my ceiling for a year due to that AND a fish tank leaking...my basement ended up with about 4 ft of water. It was like an indoor pool filled with cobwebs. It was fun.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31287 on: June 13, 2016, 02:46:28 pm »

The looking cool is fine but honestly I don't want to spend several posts over the next week dealing with some kind of minor rifle modification that might make it a bit stronger or more robust. It's just not worth it because there probably won't be any real noticeable difference, gameplay wise.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31288 on: June 13, 2016, 02:53:30 pm »

The looking cool is fine but honestly I don't want to spend several posts over the next week dealing with some kind of minor rifle modification that might make it a bit stronger or more robust. It's just not worth it because there probably won't be any real noticeable difference, gameplay wise.
I hwanted to make it fire faster. doesn't matter  I guess. I mean I already have a glorified browning submachine gun for a gauss rifle.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31289 on: June 13, 2016, 02:57:07 pm »

I'll process the cosmetic changes.
Pages: 1 ... 2084 2085 [2086] 2087 2088 ... 2205