Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2096 2097 [2098] 2099 2100 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319669 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31455 on: July 04, 2016, 04:12:52 pm »

Uh...  oops?

I think we all knew something terrible would happen when someone like me got the cube.  Sorry!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31456 on: July 04, 2016, 04:14:22 pm »

Eh, I'm just surprised Nyars managed to get his hands on something so unbelievably powerful. He's the one to blame!

And hey, we know now what a 1 on the red dice mean.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:17:38 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31457 on: July 04, 2016, 04:18:54 pm »

Wait, if the Doctor got eaten by Lurker Two (or is that Lurker Three at this point?), can the infestation jump much like it did with Origin tech, making each and every ARM operative a potential source of Lurker outburst?

Eh, I'm just surprised Nyars managed to get his hands on something so unbelievably powerful. He's the one to blame!

We had it coming, we had it coming. We only had ourselves to blame! If you had been there and you had seen it, I bet that you would have done the same.

And it does turn out that the "scheduled for destruction" pile of artifacts Nyars pilfered did include quite a few "poses acute and pervasive danger to reality, DESTROY IMMEDIATELY" things that Nyars in his infinite good intentions decided to redistribute anyway.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31458 on: July 04, 2016, 04:19:38 pm »

Man I'm glad trier is away on branching Fuckery.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31459 on: July 04, 2016, 04:21:28 pm »

Well obviously the best answer to fix this is more Nyars artifacts. Right?  :P
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31460 on: July 04, 2016, 04:46:28 pm »

Maybe we should change our name from ARM to HARM to more accurately reflect what one can expect when dealing with us.

Anyways, since I don't think anyone knows what it was that caused this yet, we probably want to at least wait till we have some IC confirmation before we start organizing the execution party.

Do wonder what this'll mean for us peeps now suddenly cut of from home. And how we'll continue justifying not locking all the artifacts in vaults far, far away from any unqualified hands. The evidence just keeps piling up that that's a rather bad idea.

Also, if we get anywhere close to regrouped again I'd say it's high time to seed more autocolonies ASAP. We just suck too much at our job, maybe the AI will do a better one.

The cube of death might have been well named because it might have just...catastrophically ruined everything in three button presses. Oh god.  Oh geez.
Seeing how the cube got destroyed anyway, could you perhaps tell us what those three buttons meant?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:58:51 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31461 on: July 04, 2016, 05:25:09 pm »

If Saint survives this with any authority left intact, I'm banning artifact testing.  I was only allowing him to mess with stuff because I figured "Eh, at worst he'll just kill himself and destroy some materiél."  There is no benefit to learning more about artifacts, considering our only goal at this point is to just get some stable colonies up.

As for getting those colonies set up, I'm  sure the newbie missions will accomplish that effectively.  After all, there's gotta be some reason we had to throw newbies at the nice colonizable worlds, rather than send autocolonies.  Anyway, even if the newbies can't do anything, autocolonies aren't an option now, seeing as Hephaestus was EATEN, along with our entire industrial base and kidnapped rescued kidnapped civilian population.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31462 on: July 04, 2016, 05:33:04 pm »

Maybe we should change our name from ARM to HARM to more accurately reflect what one can expect when dealing with us.

Anyways, since I don't think anyone knows what it was that caused this yet, we probably want to at least wait till we have some IC confirmation before we start organizing the execution party.

Do wonder what this'll mean for us peeps now suddenly cut of from home. And how we'll continue justifying not locking all the artifacts in vaults far, far away from any unqualified hands. The evidence just keeps piling up that that's a rather bad idea.

Also, if we get anywhere close to regrouped again I'd say it's high time to seed more autocolonies ASAP. We just suck too much at our job, maybe the AI will do a better one.

The cube of death might have been well named because it might have just...catastrophically ruined everything in three button presses. Oh god.  Oh geez.
Seeing how the cube got destroyed anyway, could you perhaps tell us what those three buttons meant?
It targeted the nearest hostile being and cloned it. And because the Lurker technically occupies all space in this universe to a greater or lesser degree, it choose that.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31463 on: July 04, 2016, 05:44:06 pm »

It targeted the nearest hostile being and cloned it. And because the Lurker technically occupies all space in this universe to a greater or lesser degree, it choose that.

Wait, how do you mean it 'occupies all space in this universe'? There wasn't any Lurker influence near Hep before this, was there?

If Saint survives this with any authority left intact, I'm banning artifact testing.  I was only allowing him to mess with stuff because I figured "Eh, at worst he'll just kill himself and destroy some materiél."  There is no benefit to learning more about artifacts, considering our only goal at this point is to just get some stable colonies up.

As for getting those colonies set up, I'm  sure the newbie missions will accomplish that effectively.  After all, there's gotta be some reason we had to throw newbies at the nice colonizable worlds, rather than send autocolonies.  Anyway, even if the newbies can't do anything, autocolonies aren't an option now, seeing as Hephaestus was EATEN, along with our entire industrial base and kidnapped rescued kidnapped civilian population.

We'd first need to figure out what happened IC though, cause right now I don't think anyone knows what happened. Also, yeah, we'd need to get some production capacity back up before we can do so, but once we can we should pursue colonization more actively I think, such as by setting up multiple colonies within the same universe.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 05:47:07 pm by Radio Controlled »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31464 on: July 04, 2016, 05:47:09 pm »

So...uh...Problems.

Define "everything".
Well...not everything but...uh lets see...Well the heph system is gone. The original EUE is gone. High chance of anyone over there being dead or corrupted or generally not salvageable. Some might live...depending on their locations. Lost our tech manufacturing base. Lost the civies we were collecting over there...though luckily a good number of them were sent out on colony ships and such.

Ok so when Zbridges used the death cube he input a rather...vague command. And, due to the nature of certain things he...well he cloned the Lurker. Cloned it right into his lap.

I think a lot of you are actually somewhat safe; we've lost heph but there are other EUEs out there that we can use to transport people out of the universes they currently occupy, and the bases for the missions as well as the sword are all outside the effective radius of this. But things are moving twice as fast now and we've suddenly lost our ability to make new items.
Oh.  Flying skeletal carp.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31465 on: July 04, 2016, 06:00:51 pm »

Wait, how do you mean it 'occupies all space in this universe'? There wasn't any Lurker influence near Hep before this, was there?

The space magic factory was in the outskirts of the Heph system, wasn't it?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31466 on: July 04, 2016, 06:19:03 pm »

Yeah, but pw said that wasn't really infected/affected by the lurker (though certainly useless now) iirc. Also, I'm reasonably sure that thing was pretty far away from Hep, and that at least a few of those people we kidnapped could be described as, ah, rather hostile towards us while being much closer that the former space magic factory.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #31467 on: July 04, 2016, 06:19:16 pm »

Fuck, should have stolen that thing while I could.
Though, if there's a button combo for destroying the user, and a combo for cloning the lurker, there must be a combo for destroying the lurker.
Is the deathcube indestructible? Either way, I should be able to retrieve it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31468 on: July 04, 2016, 06:42:18 pm »

Fuck, should have stolen that thing while I could.
Though, if there's a button combo for destroying the user, and a combo for cloning the lurker, there must be a combo for destroying the lurker.
Is the deathcube indestructible? Either way, I should be able to retrieve it.
actually this should be possible. you'd just have to figure out by comparison which button meant 'nearest hostile being' and you could do it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #31469 on: July 04, 2016, 06:45:05 pm »

And the Deathcube being powerful enough to create a new eldritch god from (very) thin air, it should have the power to simply delete the Lurker.
Just have to do it twice, now. :P
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 2096 2097 [2098] 2099 2100 ... 2205