Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2098 2099 [2100] 2101 2102 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319541 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31485 on: July 05, 2016, 12:40:12 am »

Now that Deathcube is gone for good (it should be, artifacts shouldn't be indestructible), can we the user manual?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31486 on: July 05, 2016, 01:41:39 am »

Oh I'm getting the fuck out of the universe at the soonest opportunity I have, I've laboured too much to risk it all to benefit other people.
*pragmatist minmaxer hi-five*

Heh, sucks for you guys. I'm already out and comfy in my new (sound-safe) home. So long that the people whom made the death-star don't come back any time soon, I should be nice, safe, and happy here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31487 on: July 05, 2016, 01:51:02 am »

Oh I'll be joining you soon as I can. 'twas only timing that stopped me from going to orgyverse in the first place, after all.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31488 on: July 05, 2016, 01:56:12 am »

Oh I'm getting the fuck out of the universe at the soonest opportunity I have, I've laboured too much to risk it all to benefit other people.
*pragmatist minmaxer hi-five*

Heh, sucks for you guys. I'm already out and comfy in my new (sound-safe) home. So long that the people whom made the death-star don't come back any time soon, I should be nice, safe, and happy here.
You just have to deal with me p,aying no pants policy over ship coms and theough a suits sleaker and a blue tooth sleaker. Oh did I meantion it was connected to a suit battery?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31489 on: July 05, 2016, 07:51:27 am »

Wait, if the Doctor got eaten by Lurker Two (or is that Lurker Three at this point?), can the infestation jump much like it did with Origin tech, making each and every ARM operative a potential source of Lurker outburst?

I would like to know this as well.

We know that:
a) the Lurker occupies all of space in some degree.
b) the Lurker uses people as his conduits into a more concrete occupancy of this universe.
c) the Doctor is intimately linked to all ARM operatives, alongside a significant population of humanity.
d) the Lurker has influenced Origin tech in some way, such that all operations of said tech are unreliable and liable to spawn Lurker batches
e) said tech infestation is null (or as close as we can tell) in Orgyverse.

Seems reasonable that the Lurker would use its new toy to increase its effect on other humans, much as it used origin to spray itself all over the face of the UWM and ARM a while back.

Those in other universes would likely suffer little or no effects of this due to whatever mechanic separates origin tech from its influence elsewhere.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31490 on: July 05, 2016, 09:00:53 am »

I'd like, in light of cloning the fucking lurker, to officially propose we rename ourselves to the

Armageddon Replication Corps
Unum non satis Hermagedon
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31491 on: July 05, 2016, 09:47:08 am »

The hell did you lot do with my toy?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31492 on: July 05, 2016, 10:11:49 am »

So...
Can I use my powers to summon the Deathcube, and then use the deathcube to solve both lurkers forever? I'm pretty sure that's a thing I could do.
No.

Where is the fun in that?

Now that Deathcube is gone for good (it should be, artifacts shouldn't be indestructible), can we the user manual?
Only if people agree not to try and go get it.

Wait, if the Doctor got eaten by Lurker Two (or is that Lurker Three at this point?), can the infestation jump much like it did with Origin tech, making each and every ARM operative a potential source of Lurker outburst?

I would like to know this as well.

We know that:
a) the Lurker occupies all of space in some degree.
b) the Lurker uses people as his conduits into a more concrete occupancy of this universe.
c) the Doctor is intimately linked to all ARM operatives, alongside a significant population of humanity.
d) the Lurker has influenced Origin tech in some way, such that all operations of said tech are unreliable and liable to spawn Lurker batches
e) said tech infestation is null (or as close as we can tell) in Orgyverse.

Seems reasonable that the Lurker would use its new toy to increase its effect on other humans, much as it used origin to spray itself all over the face of the UWM and ARM a while back.

Those in other universes would likely suffer little or no effects of this due to whatever mechanic separates origin tech from its influence elsewhere.
Probably not. The Doc's stuff isn't origin tech. If it was gonna do it, then you'd all probably be dead by now.

I mean, if you want everyone who is in this universe to die right now, and to render all you guys in other universes eternally trapped, thats fine by me. But the game would be over pretty dang quick.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31493 on: July 05, 2016, 10:57:43 am »

Trier would go and look for it.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31494 on: July 05, 2016, 03:12:16 pm »

-snip-
Probably not. The Doc's stuff isn't origin tech. If it was gonna do it, then you'd all probably be dead by now.

I mean, if you want everyone who is in this universe to die right now, and to render all you guys in other universes eternally trapped, thats fine by me. But the game would be over pretty dang quick.
I mean, if that's the logical thing to happen due to the Doc's experiments and the Lurker's use of him ...
My character is in one of those other universes so He'd survive for a little while anyway. and i believe there are EUEs outside of the home universe now too.

it's been what? Ten months since the Lurker invaded originally, and you predicted about a year's worth of game left. So we're getting close either way.
But, I am not opposed to continuing either. Though My character is mostly just killing time at this point.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31495 on: July 05, 2016, 05:26:05 pm »

No.

If I may be so bold and voice a negative here, seeing the work of months undone and having your mission stakes reduced to 'useless, probably' about 5 turns in because some bloke pressed three random buttons isn't all sunshine and rainbows either.

Incidentally, it also gives rather heavy incentives for keeping even tighter IC leashes and ever increasing lists of precautions, two things most people agree are the worst thing since unsliced bread.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31496 on: July 05, 2016, 05:29:44 pm »

I'd like to say 'pls no' on the whole subject of the Lurker Doctor-jumping, for purely selfish reasons of I would die before completing my mission and I really don't want that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31497 on: July 05, 2016, 05:55:04 pm »

I really did think that just testing the targeting functions without testing new commands wouldn't be an issue.  Oh well.  Anyway, Factoryverse wouldn't agree to more restrictions similar to the shock implants.  You'd have to invade first (which would probably be pretty easy to do).

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31499 on: July 05, 2016, 06:11:00 pm »

No.

If I may be so bold and voice a negative here, seeing the work of months undone and having your mission stakes reduced to 'useless, probably' about 5 turns in because some bloke pressed three random buttons isn't all sunshine and rainbows either.

Incidentally, it also gives rather heavy incentives for keeping even tighter IC leashes and ever increasing lists of precautions, two things most people agree are the worst thing since unsliced bread.
Well, the thing about it is that if he gets the box then he presses 3 buttons again, and the game ends because the big bad guy is dead.
Pages: 1 ... 2098 2099 [2100] 2101 2102 ... 2205