Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2099 2100 [2101] 2102 2103 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319421 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31500 on: July 05, 2016, 06:14:22 pm »

By the way, fans of my shitty mainspring game might really like http://store.steampowered.com/app/342560/

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31501 on: July 05, 2016, 06:18:48 pm »

I really did think that just testing the targeting functions without testing new commands wouldn't be an issue.  Oh well.  Anyway, Factoryverse wouldn't agree to more restrictions similar to the shock implants.  You'd have to invade first (which would probably be pretty easy to do).
In hindsight, using the colour buttons might have been safer.

Plus, more fun. Imagine turning the Lurker pink? Who would take a pink eldritch abomination seriously? He'd be laughed out of the universe. Problem solved!

Oh, wait, it's omnipresent. So does that mean everything else would become pink too?

Wait, does that mean destroying the Lurker would destroy everything? Hmm, no, I guess not, since the entire universe wasn't cloned. Or was it?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31502 on: July 05, 2016, 06:20:11 pm »

By the way, fans of my shitty mainspring game might really like http://store.steampowered.com/app/342560/

Oh, yeah, I've seen that. It's really fun. Also got multiplayer and some fun mods.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31503 on: July 05, 2016, 06:20:31 pm »

I will admit I'd fucking love to see Steve's reaction if we manage to kill the Lurker and the Eater of Stars with the deathcube and he has to face the reality that he was probably holding the means to success on the Sword for decades and never knew it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31504 on: July 05, 2016, 06:29:23 pm »

I really doubt that we'll be able to get the deathcube back and get the correct button presses. It's abundandly clear the the universe at large does not want us to succeed in getting even a halfway happy ending.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31505 on: July 05, 2016, 06:32:23 pm »

Maybe we should just ban all forms of science and be done with it. It's the only way to be sure.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31506 on: July 05, 2016, 06:37:40 pm »

I really doubt that we'll be able to get the deathcube back and get the correct button presses. It's abundandly clear the the universe at large does not want us to succeed in getting even a halfway happy ending.
The correct presses are B2, C2, H1 almost certainly.  Probably right about not getting it back tho.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31507 on: July 05, 2016, 06:42:50 pm »

The correct presses are B2, C2, H1 almost certainly.  Probably right about not getting it back tho.
And how can you be so sure? Not that I want to doubt you, but your previous presses didn't exactly go over well.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31508 on: July 05, 2016, 06:47:46 pm »

And how can you be so sure? Not that I want to doubt you, but your previous presses didn't exactly go over well.
That's understandable.  Well, the only unknown button (not mapped by Hapah) Joan pressed during that action was B2, which was a targeting command (as Hapah guessed on the spreadsheet, indicated by the targeting buttons being depressed by pressing on any one of them).  If we have the targeting, we know the button for delete (C2, as mapped by Hapah) and execute (H1, as also mapped by Hapah).

I think the delete button was confirmed by the first user after he accidentally deleted himself.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31509 on: July 05, 2016, 06:49:41 pm »

That's understandable.  Well, the only unknown button (not mapped by Hapah) Joan pressed during that action was B2, which was a targeting command (as Hapah guessed on the spreadsheet, indicated by the targeting buttons being depressed by pressing on any one of them).  If we have the targeting, we know the button for delete (C2, as mapped by Hapah) and execute (H1, as also mapped by Hapah).
Hmm, assuming the lurker doesn't somehow mess with it a bit while it's in his possession. But we'd still have to get it back first, and somehow I don't really see that happening.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31510 on: July 05, 2016, 06:52:29 pm »

Hmm, assuming the lurker doesn't somehow mess with it a bit while it's in his possession. But we'd still have to get it back first, and somehow I don't really see that happening.
Huh, I guess it could get messed with.  Yeah, going that deep into Lurker territory would almost certainly be a suicide mission I would think.  Joan will be asking Steve about it next turn if she can get the info IC.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31511 on: July 05, 2016, 07:05:40 pm »

Just let the fancy bauble go and enjoy the rest of the game. I understand it's nearing the end anyway?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #31512 on: July 05, 2016, 07:35:03 pm »

Well now it is.
Y'know, considering there's two Lurkers now.
Actually, how is the new Lurker going to interact with the old one? Are they going to merge? How does two omnipresent beings work? It must be getting pretty squashed in whatever god-land those things exist in to cover the entire universe.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31513 on: July 05, 2016, 09:32:55 pm »

It terms of world ending scenarios this isn't that bad actually. We lost heph, but we already have colony ships out there and several possible places to live. If nothing else, orgyverse is a good place to retire.  We've lost large scale production though, so our existing EUEs are all we're gonna have...How many of those do we have anyways, did each colony ship have one?  We've got two for our missions...oh god the newbie mission. Thankfully I think they were all...or most all of them were out doing stuff in other universes so they're probably alive.

Ok, ok. Lets see. Whats the plan.

Vet and super vet: We can keep the mission going to blow up the universe or we can fuck that and go under the perhaps foolish assumption that the lurker can't or won't follow us out.  That will free them up to go raiding, maybe get us a nice capital ship with onboard manufacturing, make a bigger EUE, and fucking surf off to wherever it is the now maybe lost newbie teams choose.

Newbie teams: Focus on...not being trapped forever.

Tech teams: Have to figure out who is dead and who is just almost dead. Hey Sy, how close were you to that and also where is everyone else?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31514 on: July 05, 2016, 10:44:50 pm »

So on the scale of "Ooo, that tickles" to Maurice's Dick, just how fucked are the newbie teams? I can probably outlast my teammates 'cause robutts 4 lyfe, but should I just go ahead and start digging their graves, or should we keep trying to explore and maybe survive(somehow)?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 2099 2100 [2101] 2102 2103 ... 2205