Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2100 2101 [2102] 2103 2104 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319533 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31515 on: July 06, 2016, 05:04:06 am »

No.

Where is the fun in that?

If I may be so bold and voice a negative here, seeing the work of months undone and having your mission stakes reduced to 'useless, probably' about 5 turns in because some bloke pressed three random buttons isn't all sunshine and rainbows either.

Incidentally, it also gives rather heavy incentives for keeping even tighter IC leashes and ever increasing lists of precautions, two things most people agree are the worst thing since unsliced bread.
Well, the thing about it is that if he gets the box then he presses 3 buttons again, and the game ends because the big bad guy is dead.
This tech his the most powerful thing in the game. It trumps origin, the altered, the Doc, Steve, The UWM, the Haebi. It is more powerful than Multiversal Eldritch gods. It is more powerful than the Black Die. The name is highly misleading, and ur possession of it is a grave intercosmic mistake. it should not be named the Death Cube, though it brings death. it should be named the Omniversal Control Unit.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31516 on: July 06, 2016, 05:17:46 am »

I have a better name - Adam Sandler's Remote.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31517 on: July 06, 2016, 06:15:11 am »

Advanced Recombinatorial Supreme Energetic Feature Altering Computational Engine

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31518 on: July 06, 2016, 11:10:45 am »

So on the scale of "Ooo, that tickles" to Maurice's Dick, just how fucked are the newbie teams? I can probably outlast my teammates 'cause robutts 4 lyfe, but should I just go ahead and start digging their graves, or should we keep trying to explore and maybe survive(somehow)?
They're fine so long as someone escapes the current fun and brings the newbie's anchor codes with them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #31519 on: July 06, 2016, 02:24:38 pm »

Advanced Recombinatorial Supreme Energetic Feature Altering Computational Engine
i c wut u did there

Also, metamagic would be way more powerful than the cube if PW let me use it right...
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31520 on: July 06, 2016, 03:57:41 pm »

i c wut u did there

Also, metamagic would be way more powerful than the cube if PW let me use it right...
ah, but if it became a legitimate part of the game, it wold become subject to the rules of the game, including bad rolls. Plus, the need to charge the spells with concentration and all kinda limits it a bit, and the level of power available could be tied to the functional strength of the concentration so applied. In effect, that wold severely limit it. But, as it stands, it is indeed very powerful. perhaps part of the nature of that power comes from the inherent weakness it has, in that it cannot be properly applied in this multiverse.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31521 on: July 06, 2016, 04:02:08 pm »

So he needs to concentrate really hard? you sure we can't just hop him up on adhd meds?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #31522 on: July 06, 2016, 07:16:49 pm »

i c wut u did there

ah, but if it became a legitimate part of the game, it wold become subject to the rules of the game, including bad rolls. Plus, the need to charge the spells with concentration and all kinda limits it a bit, and the level of power available could be tied to the functional strength of the concentration so applied. In effect, that wold severely limit it. But, as it stands, it is indeed very powerful. perhaps part of the nature of that power comes from the inherent weakness it has, in that it cannot be properly applied in this multiverse.
but i want to use the deathcube to clone my head a billion times, set up my billion brains as a ghostship, become immortal, then pass the deathcube to myself in the past! D:
can't i just be allowed to do that one little thing
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31523 on: July 06, 2016, 07:25:38 pm »

What does the Lurker actually do?  Other than alien death penii.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31524 on: July 06, 2016, 07:29:47 pm »

What does the Lurker actually do?  Other than alien death penii.
fuck physics with his giant alien death penis.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31525 on: July 06, 2016, 07:30:41 pm »

Oh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31526 on: July 06, 2016, 07:31:44 pm »

yah, and physics liked it
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #31527 on: July 06, 2016, 07:55:49 pm »

Well, that and the fact that it's currently terraforming reality to what it wants, the Lurker is already omnipresent, which is why it screws with any Origin related stuff wherever you are in the universe, that black stuff is just it making the universe into what it thinks is better.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31528 on: July 06, 2016, 07:58:56 pm »

Well, that and the fact that it's currently terraforming reality to what it wants, the Lurker is already omnipresent, which is why it screws with any Origin related stuff wherever you are in the universe, that black stuff is just it making the universe into what it thinks is better.
you know what would be nice, if it just happens to actualy be a nice universe and it's trying to help us but it's just beyong our understanding.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31529 on: July 06, 2016, 11:53:43 pm »

you know what would be nice, if it just happens to actualy be a nice universe and it's trying to help us but it's just beyong our understanding.
First hand experience tells us it is not nice.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 2100 2101 [2102] 2103 2104 ... 2205