Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2101 2102 [2103] 2104 2105 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319175 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31530 on: July 07, 2016, 05:16:27 am »

Sorry about the mass posting. That might have been a bit much.  This way I can say I tried, though.
Crap, why am I already regretting this so much?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:08:43 am by ZBridges »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31531 on: July 07, 2016, 05:21:43 am »

I really did think that just testing the targeting functions without testing new commands wouldn't be an issue.  Oh well.  Anyway, Factoryverse wouldn't agree to more restrictions similar to the shock implants.  You'd have to invade first (which would probably be pretty easy to do).
In hindsight, using the colour buttons might have been safer.

Plus, more fun. Imagine turning the Lurker pink? Who would take a pink eldritch abomination seriously? He'd be laughed out of the universe. Problem solved!

Oh, wait, it's omnipresent. So does that mean everything else would become pink too?

Wait, does that mean destroying the Lurker would destroy everything? Hmm, no, I guess not, since the entire universe wasn't cloned. Or was it?

Ahem

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31532 on: July 07, 2016, 09:34:35 am »

No.

Where is the fun in that?

If I may be so bold and voice a negative here, seeing the work of months undone and having your mission stakes reduced to 'useless, probably' about 5 turns in because some bloke pressed three random buttons isn't all sunshine and rainbows either.

Incidentally, it also gives rather heavy incentives for keeping even tighter IC leashes and ever increasing lists of precautions, two things most people agree are the worst thing since unsliced bread.
Well, the thing about it is that if he gets the box then he presses 3 buttons again, and the game ends because the big bad guy is dead.

And that would hardly be much better honestly; it'd still basically mean that any amount of effort, glorious victories or crushing failures can be overruled by pushing random buttons on some artifact.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31533 on: July 07, 2016, 10:04:53 am »

No.

If I may be so bold and voice a negative here, seeing the work of months undone and having your mission stakes reduced to 'useless, probably' about 5 turns in because some bloke pressed three random buttons isn't all sunshine and rainbows either.

Incidentally, it also gives rather heavy incentives for keeping even tighter IC leashes and ever increasing lists of precautions, two things most people agree are the worst thing since unsliced bread.
Well, the thing about it is that if he gets the box then he presses 3 buttons again, and the game ends because the big bad guy is dead.

And that would hardly be much better honestly; it'd still basically mean that any amount of effort, glorious victories or crushing failures can be overruled by pushing random buttons on some artifact.
kinda the point of my post where I said the deathcube is the most powerful item in the game, and should be renamed the multiuniversal control device..

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31534 on: July 07, 2016, 11:57:56 am »

No.

kinda the point of my post where I said the deathcube is the most powerful item in the game, and should be renamed the multiuniversal control device..
The death cube wasn't so powerful before the lurker ended up here occupying all space at once.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31535 on: July 07, 2016, 12:30:58 pm »

Meh. I'm sure we would of ushered in an early apocalypse if we had been more willing to play with the cube earlier. It just took us till now, with some (un)lucky button presses to actually figure out what it can do.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31536 on: July 07, 2016, 12:36:16 pm »

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31537 on: July 07, 2016, 12:37:16 pm »

Mycroft might actually volunteer for the recovery mission.  Despite that being completely and utterly insane.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31538 on: July 07, 2016, 01:16:07 pm »

Trier, if he could say anything except bling, right now would also volunteer.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 01:49:44 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31539 on: July 07, 2016, 01:20:09 pm »

Wait, recovery mission? What the heck did you guys do now?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31540 on: July 07, 2016, 01:43:19 pm »

We made another Lurker. The deathcube is inside of the new one.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31541 on: July 07, 2016, 02:40:40 pm »

No.

I dunno, I think it's in the spirit of the game. Life is cheap. Death is random. Heroes are deluding themselves. And it's all about the artifacts. Getting more power, more construction facilities, more stuff. Stuff you can't understand, that you just whack until you get something that works or die. Winning or losing based on the whims of fate and the sadistic nature of artifacts and the world at large. A world that twists its very nature to turn your best and worst efforts against you in the most hilarious (for it) manner. And then you take that new twisted thing that just killed your teammate and you weaponise it so that you can give it to the next newbie to defrost so he can test it.

"You're the HMRC. You take stuff, you hurt stuff, you lose limbs and you hope it all leads to a victory or that you have fun while losing."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 02:42:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31542 on: July 07, 2016, 02:43:02 pm »

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Excuse me, I'm gonna sig you.
Old sigs.
Games.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31543 on: July 07, 2016, 04:24:57 pm »

I agree, it's due to my negligence.  If it's any consolation, Joan will embark on the mission (alone, looks like) except for a few NPCs, and die shortly.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31544 on: July 07, 2016, 04:56:24 pm »

That was flipping hilarious.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 2101 2102 [2103] 2104 2105 ... 2205