Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2147 2148 [2149] 2150 2151 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2355930 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32220 on: August 26, 2016, 06:29:17 pm »

I know I voted for ORO back in days, but now I'm suddenly left for wanting "ER: Beyond". Somehow. I don't quite know why. It is mysterious.
Or "ER: Early days".

ER Episode II: Steve vs. Xan?

I'm certainly all for that one, since I apparently get the tickets to the front row on the villain side. :P

Edit: Hi, Xan! I'm happy at least your godhood ascension plan worked, and I was able to help it despite everything.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32221 on: August 26, 2016, 06:30:04 pm »

It was a good time.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32222 on: August 26, 2016, 06:48:10 pm »

So humanity began to build its own gods. But the seed of origin never really grew into the god it was supposed to... humanity used it, as it was meant to use humanity.

As far as we know, that is.

Edit: ATH, Abigail would have died as part of a fleet of fast moving shuttles landing on a moon or station defended  by heavy laser fire, in space. So near instantly, in all probability, though she would have been able to prepare herself beforehand for that outcome.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 06:57:13 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32223 on: August 26, 2016, 07:36:33 pm »

Well piecewise,  there's  still that one last ER Talk to do, isn't there?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #32224 on: August 26, 2016, 07:40:33 pm »

Truly masterful PW, Nothing could be better, thankyou for such a marvelous gaming experience.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32225 on: August 26, 2016, 07:44:01 pm »

and has gathered a small but fiercely loyal group of supporters that have colonized his chest cavity.

This is how I would have Ryan live.

A fucked up amalgamation of life with a fiercely loyal mass of spiders living inside of him.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #32226 on: August 26, 2016, 08:41:16 pm »

That was fun.

Well done piecewise. That was great. All of it. The game. The ending. Everything.

It made me join the forums and getting to know you guys, led me to learning and experiencing many new and fun things, had me felling stressed about my choices and anxious to see what happens next... Really, everything a good sci-fi book is supposed to do, crossed with a fun game. And not only that. There were also movie nights and nights in IRC and side games and learning to do stuff for the wiki and the levelup calculator and all that stuff.

Thanks for everything. I don't know how I can say that better. Here's to an even better future.

I might not be as active due to work and timezones and bad stuff, but I'll still be around, enjoying your work and learning from it.

80 years as Steve's bodyguard, supervising his revival, blasting whatever gets close with an awesome machine of war? And then much of the old gang coming together to meet up with Steve when he is reincarnated as the mind of a tree creature the size of a planet? Sounds great to me. Even better if all turns out well and I can have fun conversing with Steve again.

Although one has to wonder how he got that old... Is he still old man or is he old cyborg now? Or something else?

And if you think about it, it's also an inversion, since now we're the ones waking Steve up from standby while he's naked.

With some art skills and a decent voice actor, I bet this epilogue would make a great slideshow with voiceover. Like those little things they do in the end of fighting game stories. Only, you know, better.

Or maybe it won't. It's just that the images looked great in my mind as I was reading the text and imagining them. It was well written.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32227 on: August 26, 2016, 09:07:09 pm »

I just have a question, how did Jackson die? Fighting in combat with his friends or in an orgy?
Either way, I love the ending for Sir Jackson, it is his heaven
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32228 on: August 26, 2016, 09:50:05 pm »

That was great. An awesome ending for an great story. Really. PW, you deserve all the applauses for the masterpiece that was ER.

Also, thank guys. Those were unforgetable years, for sure.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32229 on: August 26, 2016, 09:53:35 pm »

I know I voted for ORO back in days, but now I'm suddenly left for wanting "ER: Beyond". Somehow. I don't quite know why. It is mysterious.

I'm certainly all for that one, since I apparently get the tickets to the front row on the villain side. :P

Edit: Hi, Xan! I'm happy at least your godhood ascension plan worked, and I was able to help it despite everything.
Hey, ours is the realm of unfettered expansion :P

I like to think that Xan and Maurice would have been friends, as much as Xan can be friends with anyone, so I'm glad that he got incorporated into the collective, one way or another.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32230 on: August 26, 2016, 10:20:34 pm »

I like to think that Xan and Maurice would have been friends, as much as Xan can be friends with anyone, so I'm glad that he got incorporated into the collective, one way or another.

Yeah, same here. Also, I suppose, that way Maurice had fulfilled his wish of recklessly diving into an eldritch being, seeking to acquire some of its power at the risk of losing his own self to said eldritch being. One way or another, that wish has apparently been fulfilled to the letter. :P

I'm a little sad I couldn't bring yet another kind of eldritch power to our table, but hey, "seeking out the equipment ..." sounds to me a bit like the collective (one way or another) inheriting the desire for 'yet more eldritch power'. Or 'yet more scientific progress', which is basically the same thing...
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32231 on: August 26, 2016, 10:31:37 pm »

PW, that was an absolutely fucking awesome ending to the reason I actually joined bay 12. Thank you for the fun ride, even if I was only on for the very end.

Also WHOOOH! Trier was a mini boss.

Because back then you were lost in the darkness, not yet realizing that it was truly over. But now you have seen the light.
Yeah, I'm with you Aoshima.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:34:40 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32232 on: August 26, 2016, 10:51:18 pm »

Yeah, same here. Also, I suppose, that way Maurice had fulfilled his wish of recklessly diving into an eldritch being, seeking to acquire some of its power at the risk of losing his own self to said eldritch being. One way or another, that wish has apparently been fulfilled to the letter. :P

I'm a little sad I couldn't bring yet another kind of eldritch power to our table, but hey, "seeking out the equipment ..." sounds to me a bit like the collective (one way or another) inheriting the desire for 'yet more eldritch power'. Or 'yet more scientific progress', which is basically the same thing...
Hey, Xan's ultimate goal lies entirely in the realm of the eldritch, since he plans on becoming omnipresent in every possible universe at the end of it all, written into the very fabric of reality itself. There's no doubt the two of them are happily collaborating on various heinous shit.

That said, I enjoy how PW managed to make Xan into basically the perfect excuse villain. Any random evil science project happening and you can't be assed to make up a villain? Xan did it. Pirates acting all mysterious and only raiding certain things? Xan did it. Any activity at all could have him at its heart - hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he's entrenched himself in the Guiding Hand to some degree.

A nice little setting ended up being born from all our collective labor!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32233 on: August 26, 2016, 10:59:07 pm »

Death by transcendence... That's about what I wanted.

Consider: every character in ER is now dead, until such time as a mind sees fit to revive them.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32234 on: August 26, 2016, 11:15:06 pm »

Now to just happen to have Raz's real name by Jackson III. I'm joking of course, he'd have to have a tail and be of cat lady-human hybrid.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 2147 2148 [2149] 2150 2151 ... 2205