Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2148 2149 [2150] 2151 2152 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319400 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32235 on: August 26, 2016, 11:33:03 pm »

Here's an idea: As a little game while we're waiting for the big game, we could have another season of Dead Man Running!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32236 on: August 27, 2016, 01:32:37 am »

A great ending to a great game. (wish I could do one of those. >_>)

I didn't expect Anton's part(s) to be much more than a footnote in the overall thing. It sort of still is, but it's far more involvement with "current future" affairs than I expected him to have. I guess even in the uncertain darkness of the near future, there is still need of a good tech. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32237 on: August 27, 2016, 02:03:06 am »

I've sent toady a thing about turning this into the "Piecewise Games" subforum. We'll see if thats ok.

In any case, I see people already starting to whimper about wanting New ER more than ORO. And I'll admit, I feel that draw too. Perhaps another vote is in order?

I'll probably be a bit touch and go these next few days; personal stuff and my classes are staring up on monday. But I do want to get that packet of possible game ideas up here for youse guys, if only for myself to share and catalog.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32238 on: August 27, 2016, 02:28:40 am »

Oh by the by, here's Xan creating that crucial clone. It just happened to be done during the rush to get everyone boarded onto the pods, so it missed people's attention.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32239 on: August 27, 2016, 02:46:47 am »

No, don't vote now. Nostalgia is at it's peak. give it some time. Let everyone's estrogen levels return to normal.

Please, however, include a link to the ending in the OP or somewhere like that, so that it remains easily accessible if we keep yammering on here in this thread for some time to come.
Don't want that buried.

I like the name of the city, by the way. It was well done. Mesenchyme. Beautiful in it's own way, but with a clever and appropriate meaning as well.

Piecewise, you are not bad at endings. You are bad at late game. Climax is your weakness, not denouement.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32240 on: August 27, 2016, 03:04:58 am »

No, don't vote now. Nostalgia is at it's peak. give it some time. Let everyone's estrogen levels return to normal.

Please, however, include a link to the ending in the OP or somewhere like that, so that it remains easily accessible if we keep yammering on here in this thread for some time to come.
Don't want that buried.

I like the name of the city, by the way. It was well done. Mesenchyme. Beautiful in it's own way, but with a clever and appropriate meaning as well.

Piecewise, you are not bad at endings. You are bad at late game. Climax is your weakness, not denouement.
This is true. Though I wouldn't exactly say climax, because Piecewise is really good at those moments when the action peaks and/or shit goes horribly wrong. See every -9 incident ever. It's like you said, lategame, when things just kinda drag on at times, when piecewise seems to get a bit bored with it on occasion. Not that I blame him at all, I couldn't even get that far on my own.
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32241 on: August 27, 2016, 04:40:00 am »

Uh. Anyone else having trouble downloading the ER file? I've been trying for like 2 hours and all I got was a massive blob of distorted characters and another file I've been working on seemingly get wiped clean for no reason.
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32242 on: August 27, 2016, 04:47:48 am »

I just kept getting new tabs when I tried to open in with firefox. it's a .rar file, so idk. Egan got it to work, apparently.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32243 on: August 27, 2016, 04:55:15 am »

Damn you windows 10, that was 5000 words and it took me a ... over a month to get up to that point.
Damn operating systems.

Ah well, I tried :P
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32244 on: August 27, 2016, 04:57:33 am »

You didn't have it saved? can you restore it? recover lost document?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32245 on: August 27, 2016, 05:00:52 am »

I did ... it's done some weird thing where the document itself is blank but the scroll bar is still there and you can highlight the apparently invisible text.

I'm not quite sure what happened to it, I think it might've - oh there's the ER file. That worked.
Hmm.
Maybe it converted the text in the word document into html code or something? Me no know.
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32246 on: August 27, 2016, 05:02:11 am »

Keep tickling it. It'll giggle for you eventually.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32247 on: August 27, 2016, 05:03:34 am »

I'll be trying though I lose sleep on it.
Fucker this is weird. When you copy and paste it you don't get shit pasted. It's like the space where the text once was is there instead of the text.

aaaaaand surprise surprise this isn't a one-off issue after a quick googling, apparently tons of people have this happen.

WINDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSS

right lesson learned signing up for google docs while system file checker hopefully fixes shiz
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 05:13:22 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32248 on: August 27, 2016, 05:26:08 am »

ER Episode II: Steve vs. Xan?

I'm certainly all for that one, since I apparently get the tickets to the front row on the villain side. :P

Edit: Hi, Xan! I'm happy at least your godhood ascension plan worked, and I was able to help it despite everything.
Hey, ours is the realm of unfettered expansion :P

I like to think that Xan and Maurice would have been friends, as much as Xan can be friends with anyone, so I'm glad that he got incorporated into the collective, one way or another.

Yeah, same here. Also, I suppose, that way Maurice had fulfilled his wish of recklessly diving into an eldritch being, seeking to acquire some of its power at the risk of losing his own self to said eldritch being. One way or another, that wish has apparently been fulfilled to the letter. :P

I'm a little sad I couldn't bring yet another kind of eldritch power to our table, but hey, "seeking out the equipment ..." sounds to me a bit like the collective (one way or another) inheriting the desire for 'yet more eldritch power'. Or 'yet more scientific progress', which is basically the same thing...
Hey, Xan's ultimate goal lies entirely in the realm of the eldritch, since he plans on becoming omnipresent in every possible universe at the end of it all, written into the very fabric of reality itself. There's no doubt the two of them are happily collaborating on various heinous shit.

That said, I enjoy how PW managed to make Xan into basically the perfect excuse villain. Any random evil science project happening and you can't be assed to make up a villain? Xan did it. Pirates acting all mysterious and only raiding certain things? Xan did it. Any activity at all could have him at its heart - hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he's entrenched himself in the Guiding Hand to some degree.

A nice little setting ended up being born from all our collective labor!

I mean. Unless it was spiders. Then it was me. All spiders are Ryan now.
Pages: 1 ... 2148 2149 [2150] 2151 2152 ... 2205