Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2187 2188 [2189] 2190 2191 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2352131 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32820 on: October 22, 2016, 06:56:25 pm »

Do, definitely. A bit smaller in scope, but similar sensations.
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32821 on: October 22, 2016, 07:27:55 pm »

So I'm thinking this for Corruption downtick: 1/10th your remaining heart.  So If I have 50 heart and use 20 corruption I'll regen 3 each turn until I Hit 8 corruption and then start regenning 4. This way, when you have low corruption it goes down fast, and high goes down slower, and the more heart you have, the faster it goes down.
1) that seems like a pretty good system. Perhaps a critical mass of corruption could be reached at a given percentage, so that very high corruption ticks up per turn instead of down? Say, at 90%, you gain one corruption per turn.

2) Also, in your example, wouldn't corruption only need to reach 10 to start downticking at 4? Oh, I see, 20, 17, 14, 11, 8, 4, 0.

3) I'm going to attempt to port my character over to the new system, to see how the changes affect it. Could you give me stats for my two makeshift weapons, so I can include them?

4) I wonder if makeshift items cold be transformed into body parts in some way. Attaching the makeshift blade to my clockwork arm, for example. The scrap in that factory seemed to move according to the will of Oro anyway, so there is some motive energy in them, somehow. I'm not sure I want to do that, because the 4x corruption cost is a lot, but I'm curious.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #32822 on: October 22, 2016, 08:02:04 pm »

So I'm thinking this for Corruption downtick: 1/10th your remaining heart.  So If I have 50 heart and use 20 corruption I'll regen 3 each turn until I Hit 8 corruption and then start regenning 4. This way, when you have low corruption it goes down fast, and high goes down slower, and the more heart you have, the faster it goes down.
That sounds complicated, so I'm fine with it so long as you do the calculations for me. :P
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32823 on: October 22, 2016, 08:24:46 pm »

That sounds complicated, so I'm fine with it so long as you do the calculations for me. :P
It isn't.

50 heart - 30 corruption = 20 (20 current humanity). so you tick down 2 corruption per turn for five turns. Then you have 50 heart - 20 corruption = 30 current humanity, and start ticking down 3 per turn.

I guess it starts to get a little bit tricky when permanent corruption comes into play.

Here is what my character would look like under the new system:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I get a stat boost for the clockwork arm and the porcelain head, and a drop in usable "humanity." This actually makes using writhe impossible, as it would put my corruption over the limit. As would most other spells. That reduces the usefulness of my int stat, though having it for swapping out parts is still good, and for other stuff. I marked out my secondary piece of scrap metal weaponry so I could carry the demonic revolver instead. Depending on whether I get a level up, it might come in handy. Of course, I'd prefer to have writhe traded in for piston strength, though I'd need to remove at least two demon parts or add 21 or more heart to be able to use it at all.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:05:49 pm by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32824 on: October 25, 2016, 04:13:40 pm »

Sorry for the lack of talking lately. Fucking midterms.

Wednesday is my midterm so on that evening or or Thursday I'm gonna try and get us started with the next test. I'm going with the Corruption Downtick equal to remaining humanity. I'll worry about spells later because they probably won't show up in this first level.

FOR NOW, Who wants to be in the test? If you want to be in the test, make yourself a human character. Completely human.  And tell me a weapon you want to have to start with. I'm gonna just make you your individual weapons because it's faster that way.

I've been thinking about armor and such, but I think all thats gonna be is what amounts to extra HP so its not that big a thing and we'll worry about it later.

Lets go with 5 people, probably 4 really if OZ wants to bring his person in. 

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32825 on: October 25, 2016, 04:30:20 pm »

Spoiler: Count me in (click to show/hide)
I'll take a longsword or glaive
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:43:53 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32826 on: October 25, 2016, 04:33:00 pm »

In! Char sheet in progress.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:02:54 pm by Whisperling »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32827 on: October 25, 2016, 04:36:18 pm »

My person isn't fully human, but yeah, I'm in. Though my build is even more ... atypical ... now with the updates.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32828 on: October 25, 2016, 04:59:38 pm »

In
building char.
weapon: bow, if special properties or specific theme can be requested will do so.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #32829 on: October 25, 2016, 06:05:19 pm »

IN
Weapon: Gold Tracer

37 / 39 / 39 / 37 / 39 / 33 / 40

40 / 39 / 39 / 39 / 37

STR: 39
DEX: 48 (39+9)
SPD: 70 (40+30)
INT: 37
HRT: 50 (39+11)

Main body
1.Head (50 HP)
2.Chest (70 HP)
3.Gut (50 HP)

Right arm
1.upper (50 HP)
2.lower (30 HP)
3.hand (15 HP, [Grasp][End])

Left arm
1.upper (50 HP)
2.lower (30 HP)
3.hand (15 HP, [Grasp][End])

Right leg
1.Upper (50 HP)
2.Lower (30 HP)
3.Foot (15 HP)

Left leg
1.Upper (50 HP)
2.Lower (30 HP)
3.Foot (15 HP)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:26:26 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32830 on: October 25, 2016, 06:24:18 pm »

I've been in the last several so I'm gonna watch. If nobody else jumps in before the test starts I might though.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32831 on: October 26, 2016, 12:59:04 pm »

Changing the topic, I was yesterday re-reading my old games. Almost makes me want to resurrect that Reliving the Past game I had going on here earlier. It had its fun moments.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32832 on: October 26, 2016, 02:58:51 pm »

Here's the weapons for youse guys that gave me one so far.

Name: Longsword
Type: Melee
HP: 200
Base Damage: 25
Stat Used: Strength
Stat Bonus: None
Stat Requirement: None
Stat Scaling: Yes
Special attribute: None

Name: Javelin
Type: Mixed
HP: 70
Base Damage: 20
Stat Used: Strength melee, Dex ranged
Stat Requirement: 40 Dex

Name: Bow and Arrows
Type: Ranged
HP: 150
Base Damage: 15
Stat Used: Dex
Stat Bonus: +20 speed for multi-attacks.
Stat Requirement: 40 dex

Name: Gold Tracer
HP: 150
Base Damage: 20
Stat Used: Dex
Stat Bonus: +50 for stat scaling for sneak attacks.
Stat Requirement: 70 dex

Name: Glaive
HP: 300
Base Damage: 35
Stat Used: Strength
Stat Requirement: 60 str

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32833 on: October 26, 2016, 03:23:53 pm »

How about something for my dual scrap spikes and demon gun? Okay, the demon gun is a body part, so forget that one, but maybe my spikes can be modified by my sheer awesomeness into formidable weapons in their own right?

Or, failing that, a big-ass hammer would be nice. Though, I never got one IC, so I can understand not getting it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:28:27 pm by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32834 on: October 26, 2016, 03:28:54 pm »

How about something for my dual scrap spikes and demon gun? Okay, the demon gun is a body part, so forget that one, but maybe my spikes can be modified by my sheer awesomeness into formidable weapons in their own right?
You wanna call them something evocative for me like a "Scrap metal Saber" ?
Pages: 1 ... 2187 2188 [2189] 2190 2191 ... 2205