Poll

Authoredmountains or Murderpaddles

Authoredmountains
- 6 (30%)
Murderpaddles
- 14 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: BLOODLINE! "Murderpaddles"  (Read 32663 times)

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
Re: BLOODLINE! "Murderpaddles"
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2014, 03:00:14 am »

Well, my initial goal before actually taking a look at the fortress was to deal with the invaders, build up training areas, and build an epic dungeon/entrance/training area....

BUT

Thats not gonna happen... My only current goal is to live. If i manage that i might possibly be able to seal off the entrances to the fort and make it so the next overseers have a safe area to repopulate in.

I will be uploading pictures once I fully understand whats going on lol... its possible that its not as bad as it seems

Edit: It may take me a while

Gwozdziuch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2014, 10:53:57 am »

Are you the holy lords of Mountainhome still recruiting new Overseers? If so, count me in. I'd love to take a turn in ruling this fortress.  :D
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. "

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2014, 10:54:47 am »

Are you the holy lords of Mountainhome still recruiting new Overseers? If so, count me in. I'd love to take a turn in ruling this fortress.  :D

Done.

SchmittLenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2014, 06:18:11 pm »

You can get me in too, if there's still a seat left for a crazy dwarven fool...
The Age of Nature was a time when Elves and trees (Pleonasm?) lived in peace; Fortunately, this age never happened.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2014, 07:07:58 pm »

You can get me in too, if there's still a seat left for a crazy dwarven fool...

Well, crazy is what makes this game fun! Just don't go tanking the fortress. I'll add you to the list.

SchmittLenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2014, 07:46:51 pm »

Don't worry, I won't destroy the fortress (Or will I?); I was just thinking about making the now classical Pointless Doomsday Device...
The Age of Nature was a time when Elves and trees (Pleonasm?) lived in peace; Fortunately, this age never happened.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2014, 07:52:09 pm »

Awww... I never got to finish mine! XD Go ahead and try, we can make it a race of sorts.

SchmittLenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2014, 08:20:15 pm »

Awww... I never got to finish mine! XD Go ahead and try, we can make it a race of sorts.
One turn is more than enough for me to make this fort the only liveable place in the world... Alright, maybe not, but I'm still going to win that race! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBExQZ6HlJg xD

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2014, 08:59:51 pm »

is the only way to post pictures is to upload them to another site then post the link using the "insert image" button?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2014, 09:09:30 pm »

Yep.

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
Re: BLOODLINE! "Authoredmountains"/"Murderpaddles"
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2014, 02:51:25 am »

This is my prologue, a generalization of the major parts of the fort before I begin.

with my personal character intro added in.

Malchite, 1st 131
Sir- Uglycrusher

Today we have set out for the new fort.. Apparently it was named Authoredmountains because it was a mining expedition, they planned to masterfully carve out and engrave a mine into the mountain, but..
It was renamed Murderpaddles, something to do with a siege, a river and some goblins..? Im not quite sure on the details but what I do know is I was sent to lead it now in mid summer as a military fort, I have until spring to learn the fortress and its people and take charge, with my 3 kids, 3 other orphans, and 2 guards. I wish I could have picked out my companions myself.. but dire times in the mountain-homes has left me with this.. at least my two guards are quite attractive. All the women from my town have longer beards than the men.

Malchite, 3rd, 131

Some migrants arrived.
9 dwarves, six of them kids.
They're all probably vampires.

- Ø

Malchite, 3rd 131
-Uglycrusher
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Malchite, 15th, 131

Galena, 5th, 131
-Uglycrusher

Our overseer still hasn't seen a meeting with me.. He is going on about all kinds of conspiracies, and someone just withdrew from society last month. I assume they just couldn't take the madness.. I also just heard that the overseer has assigned a dwarf to be our doctor which I agree with.. we do need doctors.. but the location of the doctor office is 150 Z-levels below the hospital...

Graveyard --V

Sandstone, 5th, 131
I have begun placing notes for my successors, filled with ideas and instructions to assist with running the fort for when (not if) someone performs some form of coup.

Sandstone, 6th, 131
-Uglycrusher

Recently I approve of everything that has been going on around here. Which is a bit odd. A massive beast of unknown origin has come and was slain, it took two recruits with it, and the overseer has recruited more and placed traps around.

In other news I have seen the overseer placing notes around titled "Note to future overseers"... Somewhat frustrating I assume he doesn't know I have been here looking for a meeting with him. Well ill just give up on meeting with him these notes and the contents of his desk when he resigns should suffice.. I don't really trust the gibberish he may say anyways. Plus these notes may help one day when I resign.

Timber, 6th, 131
-Uglycrusher
Its been quiet.. I have had a lot of free time so I decided to takeover the medical office in the basement until my term, then I will designate a few office for all the positions that request one.

For now I will just be sitting in my office drinking some beer, looking over some reports and sketches of the fort that I found.

*mumbling* The economy is doing pretty good. *mumbling*

*mumbling* The bedrooms are unfinished. *mumbling*

*mumbling* The first layer of caves have some nice defenses.
*mumbling*

No other cave levels have defenses..

Timber, 15th, 131
OH GOD NO, I SEE THE MOUNTAINHOME'S FLAG ON THE HORIZON!
THEY HAVE COME TO TAKE ME AWAY! TO FINISH ME OFF!
Unless... Hmmm.
I shall have to finish THEM first!
Oh yeah, also the snail is still fucking around in the flooded caverns.

Timber, 19th, 131
ANOTHER FUCKING GOBLIN SIEGE
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK MOTHER FUCKING MOTHER OF GOD IN A FUCKING SHIT LARKITY MOTHERFUCKITY FUCK!
It's okay. We can kill the snail, the caravan, and the goblins.
This will all be fine.
No it won't.
Fuck.

Timber, 20th, 131

-Uglycrusher

Apparently there is a siege going on, there are some strategies and precautions that our forces should think about but, my reporter said it was only a small squad of goblins anyways nothing our archers cant handle. I have given up on putting in my input I feel safe in my office so I will stay here for the siege. With my beer.

[END OF AUTUMN.]

Hey, I'm really sorry, and I feel like a complete asshole, but I won't be able to finish my turn. I won't have time to  play for a bit, and it would probably be best for everyone if I just gave back the save. Once I have a more stable schedule, maybe I'll take another turn but until then; http://puu.sh/87z8D

Moonstone 1st 131

-Uglycrusher

I was woken this morning to find that the overseer has left. No one knows what happened. Some reports say he ran into the dungeons mumbling about stables and turning the schedule or something.. others say hes hiding in the fort, and some say he was talking about how the goblins were here for his essence and he ran through the siege towards the mountain-homes.. These are all speculations but we have no time to wonder. I am in charge now and it is time to act. I have spent way to much time writing in my journal I should get some reports. Dammit im still writing... AHH.. ...

Oh Armok NO!

(We now only have two archers left)

Our defense the swiss cheese!

*Upstairs has an archer overlook with no ceiling where shortly after I unpaused the 3rd marks-dwarf was slaughtered by a goblin hammerer that was standing above him, which I didn't know was even possible.*

And the goblin siegers at our door (first image is one that made it inside)

WHO LEFT THE DOOR OPEN!
There are also a few zombies here and there.. eh..
and thankfully the Snail is nowhere to be found. Lets hope thats a good thing

Now its time to play :D

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:01:17 am by Spear »

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2014, 04:22:17 am »

I lost the save.. not much was undid don't know what happened it just wont work now, so from now on ill back up my saves... but apparently the marksman that fought the goblin hammerer on the cliff above him WON last time.. because I found the 3rd marksman almost dead in the field when I restarted, I m not going to spoil anything but last time there were some epic fights with my marks dwarfs which I hope happen again( I think the cliff battle was a one time deal  :'( ).. Will post my progress soon.

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2014, 12:37:53 am »

Moonstone, 20th 131
-Uglycrusher
  It has been almost a month since I took over, and the siege is going quite well. I hear. Our three remaining marksdwarfs should all be knighted for their amazing performance. I told them to just kill the goblins that made it inside and defend from any more that do, but they ran out to chase the enemies down, even after running out of arrows they beat them to death with their crossbows. We sealed the northern entrance with stone walls, and routed our enemies down to the southern entrances in hopes that they would trigger more traps.. The archers were not informed of this and are unknowingly on their way right now to meet the goblins on the field. Many of the onlookers who were not obeying my command to hide in the burrow tried to stop them but they were so enraged they couldn't even feel the pain of their injuries.

Sorry its taken a while to post, RL hit when I thought I would have plenty of time.

SchmittLenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2014, 03:29:09 pm »

Damn... is this bloodline dead?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2014, 05:39:18 pm »

Damn... is this bloodline dead?

Not if I can help it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16