Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So I have a demon as a companion  (Read 4371 times)

Genkora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So I have a demon as a companion
« on: January 30, 2014, 05:19:27 pm »

I built a fortress in adventure mode so that I could reach a demonic fortress for my adventurer to travel to. Well, I abandoned the fortress and picked up the adventurer I had been working on and went down to the demonic fortress. I took the adamantine scimitar that was there and left, as the zombie walruses were quite strong (I was sneaking). Later, I went into a town and noticed they had a prisoner. It was an Armadillo Fiend. I looked it up and fiend is one of the words used for demons. I assume the reason this is even possible is because I had breached hell. I had him join me and he breathes fire. Of course this may create the problem of him accidentally incinerating me, but it is cool nonetheless.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I have a demon as a companion
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:28:08 pm »

I assume the reason this is even possible is because I had breached hell.

Nope, he was captured in world generation. Check Legends mode for more info if you are interested.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 06:25:47 pm »

Could you provide us with the save?
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 06:50:18 pm »

Actually, this is pretty easy to reproduce. Just use adv. World gen to make a world with 1000 demons (More demon types mean more unique demons), then search in legends mode for captured ones and their locations.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 06:53:22 pm »

Actually, this is pretty easy to reproduce. Just use adv. World gen to make a world with 1000 demons (More demon types mean more unique demons), then search in legends mode for captured ones and their locations.

Oh, thank you. The only reason I have used adv. worldgen so far is maximize embark points.
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 05:39:59 pm »

i found some iron humanoid demon,it was pretty much overpowered.
he ended beign choped in half somehow

The Cafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 05:51:27 pm »

This reminds me of time where I went and got a demon prisoner as a companion. So after he joined, our group proceeded to some nearby lair to kill a werewolf. Upon entering, the werewolf said the usual things, but then the demon started breathing something, and the announcements said, "The swordsman is caught in a cloud of boiling maroon demon extract, you are caught in a cloud etc...", except nothing happened. To make a long story short, the demon ended up running in and punching the werewolf's head off. Later after I fast traveled to a nearby village, it said that I had a fever and my speed was like 50% lower. I tried sleeping and waiting, but the symptoms stayed. Later, I set off again because I figured that the symptoms really didn't do much. Suddenly, while fast traveling, I was ambushed by goblins, and they proceeded to kill my companions. I was smirking and sitting back because I thought the demon would slaughter them, except he didn't do ANYTHING! He just stood still while we were getting slaughtered, and was ignored by the goblins. Now I keep on thinking that the demon had planned this from the start, first by making my companions slower in a place where it could seem like an accident, then planning for the goblins to attack when in the forest so that he could return to his former civilization. Guess all demons are devious creatures that can't be trusted.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 02:18:24 pm »

I had one once, unfortunately they don't attack night creatures though, so I died.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 03:33:02 pm »

It seems they have a thing for the night and probably goblins. :P
Makes sense since it was a demon after all.

Raul351

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Digital Art☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 08:34:17 pm »

Same thing happened to me. It was a female iguana demon. I'm using the taffer's tileset if anyone is wondering.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am not liable for any disappointment attributed to this post.

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 05:20:30 am »

Same thing happened to me. It was a female iguana demon. I'm using the taffer's tileset if anyone is wondering.

Windows 2000?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 08:56:48 am »

Windows 2000?
Looks like the "Windows Classic" theme to me (which is available all the way up through Windows 7), considering that versions beyond 0.31.12 or so don't run on anything earlier than Windows XP SP3...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

TheCobblestoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 03:45:52 am »

Windows 2000?
Looks like the "Windows Classic" theme to me (which is available all the way up through Windows 7), considering that versions beyond 0.31.12 or so don't run on anything earlier than Windows XP SP3...

I would say definitely a Windows 7 Classic theme. Thats the Windows 7 application icon, the XP and Classic ones are different.

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 10:09:05 am »

You can find demons in all sorts of places. In one of my worlds, almost all of the world is dead because a demon somehow took charge of a civilization and then warred with everyone. Personally. Now the world is a vast, empty place, full of death and books the demon wrote. I've started leveling up throwing there and am planning on assassinating him in one on one combat by chucking them at him. Because reasons.
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

Raul351

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Digital Art☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 09:29:03 pm »

Then burn all his books to add to it.
I am not liable for any disappointment attributed to this post.
Pages: [1] 2