Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.4h - I present to you: THE GNOME WARLOCKS  (Read 2976 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
UPDATE - V.4h - I present to you: THE GNOME WARLOCKS
« on: January 31, 2014, 06:09:30 am »

MDF is packed in 7zip - a free, open-source program that packs and unpacks files, like WinRar. You can get it here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html.

Donations
If you like the content and want to help the developers, why not buy them a coffee?
Support Toady ::: Support Meph / MasterworkDF :::
Thank You!

Notes: Its finally here. A full month of work was put into the next race, the Warlocks. Heavily influenced by Dungeon Keeper, Overlord and more, you can play as evil sorcerers that animate the dead, abduct and torture people, summon demons and do all kinds of evil overmind things.

Next to no changes have been done to Dwarves, Orcs or Kobolds, besides the fixes listed in the Studded With Patches release by McTeellox. Splinterz was kind enough to alter the GUI slightly to allow toggling the new races.

In the meantime, IndigoFenix has written his own playable race: The tech-loving, nature-bound Gnomes. I did include his V.03 testversion into this release. It includes many unique features, like a merit system that measures how well you treat animals, and a fully remotecontrolled mining drill. Its very experimemtal and most things are not quite finished yet, but if you want to have a fun time by testing all this, please go ahead. :)  The thread can be found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134619.0

The Warlocks also have their own thread, which lists a daily dev log and a lot of pretty pictures: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134395.0 I admit to slacking off on the dev log for the last couple of days, because it was mostly testing, testing and testing. Minor balancing changes here and there, and no new features. A special thanks at this point to IndigoFenix, Roses and Putnam, all of which have contributed towards this project with either raws, scripts or both. :)

It would be quite impossible to list all the features that the Warlock civ adds in this post, so please have a look at the manual. It includes a getting started section and lots of background information about the new features. In essence you want to kill creatures to get bones, scalps and souls, which are used to make new skeletons and to write books. At the same time you stripmine the area and throw all ores, gems and plants into shredders, to use the reagents for alchemy and spells.

Its a bit odd not to add a changelog, but its 128 buildings and 1546 reactions in the Warlock entity. ;)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:28:18 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - V.4h - I present to you: THE GNOME WARLOCKS
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 06:21:35 am »

1546? Wow, thats quite a lot of reactions

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 06:32:06 am »

And as I type this, I remember that I did leave the cheat/test reactions active in the Warlock civ. Currently re-uploading. ^^

EDIT: Updated.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:53:36 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 09:23:10 am »

HUGE patch ! Id like video lp of warlock fortress cuz i as for myself i cant handle skeletons yearly on.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 10:54:27 am »

Whooooooooooo!

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 01:36:27 pm »

I find some bug about summoned undead. Restless zombie and undead I raise don't attack anything, the invader don't attack them either.
The worst part is my civilian are not friendly to them (Yea I give you guy 3 souls to do nothing but scare my poor skeleton >:()

Gildemoron

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 05:33:06 am »

Whats with these spring-reactive shields? First elves come with mithril spring-reactive shields and then goblin ambush with rusty iron ones.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 05:38:49 am »

That sounds like the civs have no access to normal shields and take any random shield from the item files. Which is odd, I did not change anything in their entities.

Nuttycompa: Are they listed as opposed to life?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 05:45:09 am »

Hey Meph, where is the Pylon-making reaction?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 05:46:02 am »

In the manual ? :P (Necromantic Shrine, just like the monolith, skeletons and most other basic creature summoning)

Code: [Select]
   [REACTION:BUILD_PYLON]
[NAME:Build a pylon (controls skeletons)]
[BUILDING:NECROMANTIC_SHRINE:CUSTOM_P]
[REAGENT:A:1:GEM:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SOUL]
[PRODUCT:0:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:PYLON_SPAWN]
[SKILL:ALCHEMY]

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 05:50:12 am »

In the manual it said at the Soul Syphon or something.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 05:55:27 am »

Crap, you are right. I missed that.

Pylons: You might have noticed that skeletons turn opposed-to-life now and then. If they run too far from your Warlocks, you cant control them. Build a network of Pylons at the Soul Syphon NOPE; ITS SHRINE NOW to establish control across the map. More info later in the manual.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 06:15:59 am »

That sounds like the civs have no access to normal shields and take any random shield from the item files. Which is odd, I did not change anything in their entities.

Nuttycompa: Are they listed as opposed to life?
Nope they listed as Undead

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 12:37:51 pm »

Whats with these spring-reactive shields? First elves come with mithril spring-reactive shields and then goblin ambush with rusty iron ones.

Huh.  That's odd.
Well, don't worry... the spring-reactive shields don't actually do anything (yet).  As long as they don't show up with rocket boots or flare guns...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 08:05:35 pm »

Ahh.... now I know whats up.

[ITEM_SHIELD:ITEM_SHIELD_SPRING_GNOME] is the first shield alphabetically in the raws, because item_gnomes comes before item_shield. And the civs always take the first shield in the raws, if their civ ends up with none otherwise. Even the FORCED doesnt help with that. I just have to move the shield or buckler above it.
Pages: [1] 2