Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Release anticipation hype thread  (Read 6220 times)

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Release anticipation hype thread
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2014, 12:28:07 pm »

Just to say that the bugs won't get found and fixed unless the game gets played and the critters reported. You're all part of a community - sitting around waiting for other people to do the heavy lifting is a bit selfish IMHO. Besides, there's quite a little buzz to be had from seeing a bug you found work its way through the tracker and get resolved in an update.

Personally, I'm looking forward to doing a bit of adventure mode, especially trying to join a resistance movement, and a bit of fortress mode, especially testing new defensive plans to deal with climbing foes.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Release anticipation hype thread
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2014, 09:04:08 pm »

I was just thinking it will be hard to keep up with the battle log in a big melee, in an ambush scrap of about 10 on 20 i end up skipping a good few pages a turn.

Unfortunately some of the fancier bits are going to be missed out on.

I am still really hype for the new combat though it sounds like you can do some crazy maneuvers when your hero gets good.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]