Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Like the rings of a tree  (Read 568 times)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
Like the rings of a tree
« on: February 21, 2014, 02:13:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I never put too much thought into this dev-log from a little while back, but it occurred to me today we can see the entire history of a town just from walking through it. From the original human structures, to the massive goblin tower from when it was taken over to finally the various magically grown tree structures from the current Elf rulers that stole it from the goblins only a decade back. Entire history of a region spread out like rings of a tree, likely the inner most buildings being the original. Near the center a ring of still ruined homes possibly overgrown by now, with various pits and trenches, and the location of the main dark tower with recent battle damage, before finally around the outer edge the magical tree structures.

Is any one else this excited to see all that history put to use, instead of just a blurb in legends mode of "was taken over by the loins of cloth in the year 44"?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:15:48 pm by darklord92 »
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Like the rings of a tree
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 05:22:55 pm »

Yeah, it'll be pretty cool. Towns build up and crumble back down as certain places are destroyed/abandoned by the current rulers who don't approve. Insurrections sparked by the destruction of sacred/religious places, goblins vacating all the shops in their looting and replacing the buildings with their own stuff, the dwarves incorporating mechanical bits into the existing buildings... The possibilities are many.

I wonder how necromancers would remodel the place once they purge the previous inhabitants.