Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 211845 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
And
« Reply #795 on: September 12, 2014, 05:01:07 pm »

((Guess I'll post here, for Pyro's sake.))

2)If we let the cannons rotate around the star at about the same speed as the jump point, would that mean that we always have them between ships coming for Hep from the jump point? Would this be useful to continually attack them while they make their next move after breaking the jump point blockade?
2.That would keep them with a bead on the jump point, yeah.

1) And would this actually be helpful for the defense of the system? My idea is to place them in a stable rotation, but a ways outside the straight line between jump point and Hep, so that they can continually fire at a fleet moving for Hep and thus either whittle them down, fore them to act or distract them to buy time.

Cap ships from asteroids

2) Interesting quote (though it would be nice to provide sources next time, says my academic inner child) you had there. Hmm. Would boarding the thing (en masse, mind you) and trying to take over from inside work?
If not, Could a heatblade such as the one created by the AoW on the Hep assault be able to cut it in two? If also not, would ramming one of our own small planetary bodies into it work?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #796 on: September 12, 2014, 06:40:54 pm »

Can I ask a small question?

What is better for pure mind reading/mind control? The Neural Connector Psychokinetic Amplifier or the Organochemistry Overrider Psychokinetic Amplifier?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #797 on: September 16, 2014, 12:00:27 pm »

Heh, I guess for the Bangstick we newton's third law up the bitch and go with the slightly insane option, namely add a second charge facing the opposite direction that explodes at the exact same time to counteract the forces propelling the stick. :P Test effectiveness/user safety and give a price.

As for the Doorknocker, yeah, work on options to make it collapsible, with handy dandy carrying case/bag. Limiting it to single use is okay in this instance, though ideally it should still be reusable.

Hmm. Well you see that depends on what metric of "Effective" you want to use. It is highly effective at killing and breaking things, thats for sure. As per the effectiveness of killing and breaking the correct thing, thats another story.

I suggest we produce thousands and then convince the UWM to start using them. That will work wonderfully.

Collapsible works better, though because it is supposed to restrain explosives there is the...relatively small chance that it might break and spray collapsible frame shrapnel back at the team.

Can the fleshknitter be used as a makeshift 'longevity vaccine'? Actually, is there one already? (not involving genetic alteration or cybernetic augmentation)
The standard method of extending your life via non-mechanical means is something akin to the system we use to heal people's injuries. It can be used to reduce the body's effective age and heal the damage caused by aging. Fleshknitter could do that sort of thing sort of, but not really. It's not precise enough.

((Guess I'll post here, for Pyro's sake.))

2)If we let the cannons rotate around the star at about the same speed as the jump point, would that mean that we always have them between ships coming for Hep from the jump point? Would this be useful to continually attack them while they make their next move after breaking the jump point blockade?
2.That would keep them with a bead on the jump point, yeah.

1) And would this actually be helpful for the defense of the system? My idea is to place them in a stable rotation, but a ways outside the straight line between jump point and Hep, so that they can continually fire at a fleet moving for Hep and thus either whittle them down, fore them to act or distract them to buy time.

Cap ships from asteroids

2) Interesting quote (though it would be nice to provide sources next time, says my academic inner child) you had there. Hmm. Would boarding the thing (en masse, mind you) and trying to take over from inside work?
If not, Could a heatblade such as the one created by the AoW on the Hep assault be able to cut it in two? If also not, would ramming one of our own small planetary bodies into it work?

(Source is:http://www.purdue.edu/impactearth/)

Yeah, it could help. Your idea seems fine, the only problem could be other planets getting in the way, but that would be highly unlikely, considering the distances involved.

If you could get enough ships up to it and inside, then yeah. A heat blade might work but it would need to be BIG. Stupid huge.

Heh, yeah, throwing planets at them might work. It would probably be difficult to do, but fuck if it wouldn't be awesome eh?

Can I ask a small question?

What is better for pure mind reading/mind control? The Neural Connector Psychokinetic Amplifier or the Organochemistry Overrider Psychokinetic Amplifier?

The first is better at just mind reading, the second is better at mind control.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 16, 2014, 03:26:41 pm »

((Thanks for source. It's fun to play around with.))

Yeah, it could help. Your idea seems fine, the only problem could be other planets getting in the way, but that would be highly unlikely, considering the distances involved.

Coolio, another resource sink for us to consider.

If you could get enough ships up to it and inside, then yeah.

Would it need to be ships, or would launching boarding pods through hammer cannons (like during the boarding during Hep defense) work? Or would its automanips/point defenses push away/destroy the projectiles? Or is there another reason that it'd need to be ships (such as getting enough troops inside, since a boarding pod is rather limited)?

A heat blade might work but it would need to be BIG. Stupid huge.

And do we have the resources to build an automanip or something that can do this? If yes, could we mount this on a ship to be used specifically to defeat cap ships (since regular ships would be too small.fast too hit I presume)?

Heh, yeah, throwing planets at them might work. It would probably be difficult to do, but fuck if it wouldn't be awesome eh?

I was thinking moons or large asteroids, but yeah, it'd be cool. And hilarious, us and the UWM lobbing around celestial bodies to crash them into each other.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 16, 2014, 04:32:57 pm »

At some point in past, in a conversation with the Armory Master, I think, it was mentioned that we can possibly make other kinds of amps than those listed.
For example, can an amp (or, I dare say it, a field manipulator) finely tuned to moulding and bio-coding the fleshknitter be created, so as to control and complement its regenerative deficiencies?
I understand that the Organo-tissue Dominator and possibly the Organochemistry Dominator PK Amps can do that, but I'm asking about something less versatile, more focused and, most importantly, cheaper.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 16, 2014, 04:36:07 pm »

At some point in past, in a conversation with the Armory Master, I think, it was mentioned that we can possibly make other kinds of amps than those listed.
For example, can an amp (or, I dare say it, a field manipulator) finely tuned to moulding and bio-coding the fleshknitter be created, so as to control and complement its regenerative deficiencies?
I understand that the Organo-tissue Dominator and possibly the Organochemistry Dominator PK Amps can do that, but I'm asking about something less versatile, more focused and, most importantly, cheaper.

((If we can indeed research new amps, then there are a few things I'd like to try. Such as a 'machine emphatics' amp that lets one influence/control machines and computers ("oh look, that UWM deathmachine has a self destruct sequence. Oops, just activated it.").

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 16, 2014, 04:41:36 pm »

I had an idea to increase effectiveness of the Bangstick: mount the charges perpendicular to the handle and swing it like some demented polearm that shoots explosions on impact. Effective? Maybe. Safe? hahahaha no. Awesome? Come on son, you're swinging around fucking exploding hammers in effect.

Also, can I get a percentage on average failure rates for the collapsible version of the Doorknocker? Assuming ideal conditions and repeated re-usage. Basically, I'm looking for the average reuses it can do before catastrophic failure.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:52:16 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 16, 2014, 04:45:51 pm »

Also, can I get a percentage on average failure rates for the collapsable version of the Doorknocker? Assuming ideal conditions and repeated re-usage
16.66%  :P
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 20, 2014, 05:26:11 pm »

PW, I think the universal chem thrower is ready for full admittance into the armory by now, barring Pyro having a problem with it.

What do you think is a good price? I think 2 tokens (with 1 cannister of goop or namite upon purchase) is reasonable? And 1token per can of either ammo?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 20, 2014, 06:52:41 pm »

Quick trip to pull up the specs on the X3 civ gauss rifle simus made, so I know what it can do.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #805 on: September 29, 2014, 12:21:52 pm »

((Thanks for source. It's fun to play around with.))

Coolio, another resource sink for us to consider.

If you could get enough ships up to it and inside, then yeah.

Would it need to be ships, or would launching boarding pods through hammer cannons (like during the boarding during Hep defense) work? Or would its automanips/point defenses push away/destroy the projectiles? Or is there another reason that it'd need to be ships (such as getting enough troops inside, since a boarding pod is rather limited)?

A heat blade might work but it would need to be BIG. Stupid huge.

And do we have the resources to build an automanip or something that can do this? If yes, could we mount this on a ship to be used specifically to defeat cap ships (since regular ships would be too small.fast too hit I presume)?

I was thinking moons or large asteroids, but yeah, it'd be cool. And hilarious, us and the UWM lobbing around celestial bodies to crash them into each other.
Boarding pods could work, sure.You'd need a lot of them though.  You'd just need enough bodies. And we'd need to slow them down heavily just before they hit the protected range or it would trigger the automated defenses.

Right now? No. That would require that the amp-manip factory actually gets made. And a significant amount of a particular raw material be gathered.

Maybe. But we lack the facilities on Heph to do anything like that.

I had an idea to increase effectiveness of the Bangstick: mount the charges perpendicular to the handle and swing it like some demented polearm that shoots explosions on impact. Effective? Maybe. Safe? hahahaha no. Awesome? Come on son, you're swinging around fucking exploding hammers in effect.

Also, can I get a percentage on average failure rates for the collapsible version of the Doorknocker? Assuming ideal conditions and repeated re-usage. Basically, I'm looking for the average reuses it can do before catastrophic failure.

Also, can I get a percentage on average failure rates for the collapsable version of the Doorknocker? Assuming ideal conditions and repeated re-usage
16.66%  :P
Someone's gotten into my statistics folder again!

PW, I think the universal chem thrower is ready for full admittance into the armory by now, barring Pyro having a problem with it.

What do you think is a good price? I think 2 tokens (with 1 cannister of goop or namite upon purchase) is reasonable? And 1token per can of either ammo?

Assuming pyro is ok with it, I'm thinking 3 tokens. And yeah, it's good as far as I'm concerned.

Quick trip to pull up the specs on the X3 civ gauss rifle simus made, so I know what it can do.
Probably should direct that more towards her on heph then here.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 30, 2014, 11:44:28 am »

((If we can indeed research new amps, then there are a few things I'd like to try. Such as a 'machine emphatics' amp that lets one influence/control machines and computers ("oh look, that UWM deathmachine has a self destruct sequence. Oops, just activated it.").
((I've long had an idea of at least a partially effective solution to this problem.))

Can the magnetic field manipulator/psychokinetic amplifier manipulate electrical currents at fine level, effectively allowing to influence/control electrical machines and computers? Or is there an electrical field manip/amp (available and known, I mean, just never mentioned) which could be used to those ends?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #807 on: October 01, 2014, 01:05:30 pm »

((I've long had an idea of at least a partially effective solution to this problem.))

Can the magnetic field manipulator/psychokinetic amplifier manipulate electrical currents at fine level, effectively allowing to influence/control electrical machines and computers? Or is there an electrical field manip/amp (available and known, I mean, just never mentioned) which could be used to those ends?
You guys want a manip version of Milno's gauntlet eh?

Well, you could theoretically use several different amps or manips to control machines in different ways but it would all be very difficult and not terrible effective. It would be like threading a needle while wearing boxing gloves. Or driving a car from the back seat using a broom handle to turn the wheel. You'd be controlling electricity to force certain interactions and doing that would require knowledge of the internal workings of the machine and...oh it's a hassle.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #808 on: October 01, 2014, 02:08:48 pm »

You could always have the amp convert part of your brain to the machine you are trying to control. [/joking]

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 01, 2014, 05:23:09 pm »

You could always have the amp convert part of your brain to the machine you are trying to control. [/joking]
Actually, that's a very good idea.
-beat- :P
Generally speaking, is it possible to make an amp/manipulator crossbreed, which would operate using a fleshy brain (and convert it as needed) - just not the user's one? It could then be hand-held like the regular field-manips, or hooked to the user's brain using the mind-interface (like the one used in braincases or full-sense VR simulation).
Wetware-powered manip. Except configurable in use, as opposed to standard automanips.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 127