Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 211902 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #825 on: October 15, 2014, 03:51:43 am »

Well, actually, I vowed to myself to support your 'war effort clause' and work not for personal amusement here, but on things useful to the ARM overall. With fleshknitter being still mostly unknown factor, both the current mission (partially, but nonetheless) and MCP-II production (a lot more) sort of depend on how much it can actually be relied upon, and I really wanted the stasis side effects be sorted out. Guess it's my fault I did not make it clear from the post.
Contributing to the war effort from a slightly different angle, because Steve knows there's much enough people working on armaments of destruction, but nearly not enough on basic things to save lives. And I am making effort to think of ways to advance in that direction.

((I see what you're trying to do, but even if it's not another deathtube (something to be celebrated, the ratio of stuff that brings death as opposed to healing is disturbingly high), the project is kinda personal tinkering (as in, something you or another player could use in-game someday). But, well, we'll see what pw says.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #826 on: October 17, 2014, 07:23:48 am »

Just out of curiosity, what does the battlesuit's cockpit entrance look like? Is it a small thing that you have to crawl through to get to the cockpit or does the front part of the cockpit open completely like an aircraft's canopy? Or can it do both?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #827 on: October 17, 2014, 12:38:36 pm »

((Meee! Meee! Anything to do in place of wasted turns!
... I think I have never been so happy towards the prospect of losing bowel control.))
Bring that End roll on, man! With any negative modifiers you can think of! No roll at all if you wish! I am up to the challenge!
Especially even if the worst happens and bowels betray me, no one but my pride will be hurt. The suit shall conceal everything.
It is best if I do something beneficial to the ARM here rather than risk compromising the mission there.

Okay, fleshknitter gives cancer. How much, how soon, how lethaldisabling if left untreated (way before the gruesome end)? Assuming either automated regular application via suit-tank small reservoir or one-time manual application in large doses in case of a serious injury treatable by it (muscles, bones, etc.).
And - what about the stasis-cancer? Or is it stasis-sterility? Have you made up your mind?

Depends how much you use. If you fucking fill a motherfucker's abdominal cavity with it then he's gonna be a tumorous mess pretty quick. If you just use it reasonably they should be fine unless they're like milno, stubbornly holding on to their fleshy bits.

It's probably not that bad. If he gets disabling we'll just take their brain out.  Don't worry about it, like I said, in our line of work it doesn't matter much.

Stasis definitely causes reproductive problems over time. Cancer? well it has a chance but it doesn't just give it to you. It's not like "You went into stasis? Cancer." it's like "You went into stasis several times? Maybe get screened".

((Meee! Meee! Anything to do in place of wasted turns!
... I think I have never been so happy towards the prospect of losing bowel control.))
Bring that End roll on, man! With any negative modifiers you can think of! No roll at all if you wish! I am up to the challenge!
Especially even if the worst happens and bowels betray me, no one but my pride will be hurt. The suit shall conceal everything.
It is best if I do something beneficial to the ARM here rather than risk compromising the mission there.

Okay, fleshknitter gives cancer. How much, how soon, how lethaldisabling if left untreated (way before the gruesome end)? Assuming either automated regular application via suit-tank small reservoir or one-time manual application in large doses in case of a serious injury treatable by it (muscles, bones, etc.).
And - what about the stasis-cancer? Or is it stasis-sterility? Have you made up your mind?

((... Sigh.

I'm sorry pw, I really am. Should've known better really. Didn't think the floodgates would open up immediately. Might have been smarter to just make searching stuff my action in mission, but didn't want to to prevent having to dig through several threads later on. Woe my hubris, and laziness.

Nik, you realize I added the 'purely war effort background stuff' clause to prevent this, right? That I wouldn't do personal tinker projects to prevent setting precedent for other people (since other people don't really seem to care about the mechanics of the greater background war effort)? But I do realize being stuck on the mission like you are right now has to suck, so... I dunno. Dunno what to do now. Sigh.))

If you'll still allow me, pw, I've got some more questions. If not, for the love of god nip this in the bud and I'll just do my research in the mission thread when Miya's not doing anything.
It's fine.

I don't mind non-specific or non-indepth questions. It's just things asking for lots of detail that become a pain. Especially when its a post with 10 sub posts each asking for in depth info.

And when it's only one of 10 similar posts.

Just out of curiosity, what does the battlesuit's cockpit entrance look like? Is it a small thing that you have to crawl through to get to the cockpit or does the front part of the cockpit open completely like an aircraft's canopy? Or can it do both?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
like that.  You could open it a little and crawl in but it also opens all the way.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 17, 2014, 04:02:06 pm »

Could you perhaps describe Arbiter of Peace more? And how they are made? Could Hep make them now, for example? If not, what would be needed?

And what about Renen-like robotbodies? Can those be mass produced?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #829 on: October 20, 2014, 11:50:16 am »

Could you perhaps describe Arbiter of Peace more? And how they are made? Could Hep make them now, for example? If not, what would be needed?

Ok that one I'm gonna have to redirect you for. Talk to the guy who made both of them, he's the one you'd have to contact about getting more made, after all.

Though I'm loath to just start handing renen bodies out. Only thing that stops him from being MAAAASSIVELY op is the fact that he's not terribly active. It's the...what was his name...Lucas defense. 

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 20, 2014, 12:36:14 pm »

Well... It was actually never meant for players, but for npc forces. Also, again I'll have to ask if they can be downgraded a bit to make them easier and faster to build? Or should I go to doc again? If yes, can I message him from the planet?

And yes, you are right, Renen was indeed made massively op for no cost. Did he get straight fives for all his Doc rolls?

((Note, if you think that saying that thing to the advisor counts as a real action turn, ignore this and I'll repost it later.))
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:39:06 pm by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #831 on: October 20, 2014, 12:42:08 pm »

Well... It was actually never meant for players, but for npc forces. Also, again I'll have to ask if they can be downgraded a bit to make them easier and faster to build? Or should I go to doc again? If yes, can I message him from the planet?

And yes, you are right, Renen was indeed made massively op for no cost. Did he get straight fives for all his Doc rolls?

((Note, if you think that saying that thing to the advisor counts as a real action turn, ignore this and I'll repost it later.))
You can talk to him on planet, just don't split your turns, like we talked about before.

And yeah, might as well just do everything through him rather then abstract it through me and then abstract the abstract into in game results.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 20, 2014, 12:53:11 pm »

((Ok then, thanks for the quick answer.))

Send Doc a message asking for the information in the following post:

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:42:09 am by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #833 on: October 22, 2014, 10:30:49 am »

((Ok then, thanks for the quick answer.))

Send Doc a message asking for the information in the following post:

Unless you have some specific reason to post it here, post it in the mission thread next time.

"Arbiter of peace is high quality robotics, but could be manufactured. Sticking point is artificial brain. Very tricky to make. Need to copy the brain of someone good enough to inhabit body. Non-organic, not grown. Manufactured. Needs molecular level tools. But many times better then organic. Will always out perform."

"Renen body is step two prototype. Dangerous. Renen safe, low use. Higher use, destroys vestigial brain tissue over time. Organic controller inevitable to go berserk. Unstable.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 22, 2014, 11:05:08 am »

Unless you have some specific reason to post it here, post it in the mission thread next time.
((I posted it here so that I would find it again easily in the future, when the knowledge gathered here would be needed. Mostly because the search function on this forum sucks. Is that a good enough reason for you?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #835 on: October 24, 2014, 12:41:54 pm »

((I posted it here so that I would find it again easily in the future, when the knowledge gathered here would be needed. Mostly because the search function on this forum sucks. Is that a good enough reason for you?))
Yeah, thats fine. It's not like it bothers me or anything; I just figured if it was gonna count as your action on mission it might as well be in the mission thread unless you had some reason not to put it there. And you do, so that's fine.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 24, 2014, 02:35:35 pm »

Message to Doc:

Hmm. So somebody using a body like that intensively will inevitably face brain atrophy? Could that process be slowed or reversed? By, say, using an automanip that reverts the damage?

And how does Renen differ from the original Arbiters? A better design, or lesser but more resource efficient?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 05:04:33 pm by Radio Controlled »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 25, 2014, 11:33:57 am »

Alright, here's the specifics for that Laser Discoball Grenade I'm dubbing "Disco Inferno" :P.

1)Combine a one-shot battery with the most powerful laser emitter I can get my hands on through our fronts. Add specially designed lenses to refract the beam(I wouldn't call it a focusing chamber, since that's the opposite of what I'm trying to do :P. Call it a refracting chamber). The chamber spins as the laser passes through, refracting the light at an upwards angle.
2)Pack it into a case that's somewhat egg-shaped and weighted on the bottom. The idea is that no matter what position it lands when I throw it, it would right itself. I'm also aiming to keep this somewhat reasonably throwable, or even better throwable AND being able to be shot from a launcher.

((Thanx paris for the tip!))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:18:04 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #838 on: October 25, 2014, 01:13:45 pm »

Is it going to be emitting light and heat or is it going to be emitting many laser beams as it spins around where it lands? In the second case, it might be a good idea to make sure the emitters are only in the upper portion of the thing and most beams are angled slightly upwards, so that there is less of a chance of hitting the thrower. You know, since lasers keep going for a distance much greater than shrapnel, unless they are greatly unfocused, which is the first case, a heat/light grenade, a flashbang/incendiary combo.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 25, 2014, 01:18:19 pm »

Heh, nice Idea! Edited.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 127