Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 214769 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Miya's Hubris
« Reply #1560 on: October 25, 2015, 01:38:38 pm »

1. Get out of here, tesla. Resonant frequencies don't work like that.
Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
Certainly wouldn't be as useful if it wasn't stuck to... *ideabulb*
Sticky/magnetic resonators to basically vibrate the heck out of something.
Also, reiterating the exploding forcefield thing because I'm not sure you noticed.

A forcefield railgun.
Specifically, induce spherical forcefields around magnetic materials, then launch them out of a railgun.
Or whatever.
Alternatively, a forcefield spike, in a similar manner as this.
Alternatively, either of those plus something that destabilizes the forcefield for explosions.  Like a remote detonator sort of thing.

Yup, throwing rocks at our enemies.  Magnetic rocks.
Right, I'll stop talking before you get out the black die.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:47:32 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: October 25, 2015, 01:53:38 pm »

1. Get out of here, tesla. Resonant frequencies don't work like that.
Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
((Please be less wrong, especially when you cite a real event. If you'd made something up I'd be more willing to forgive you, but you citing a real one and still not having a damn clue how it works is unacceptable. All resonating hammers will do is break themselves, it will not and can not spread to other objects / areas. don't be dumb.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: October 25, 2015, 02:13:27 pm »

((Why wouldn't they work? Of course, it requires estimating the resonance frequency quite accurately (very difficult, but this is ER-bleeding-edge-tech we're talking about), and then vibrating the hammer to that frequency (or, if you wish, repeating the strikes that fast) - also with very high degree of accuracy. Probably easier with an automated piledriver than a "hammer" but that's it.

I can remember a few more cases where the destruction of a bridge was caused through resonance frequency mechanics - specifically, for example, by soldiers stepping in cadence, so it's not that improbably difficult to produce frequency, it's the matter of guessing it correctly which is complicated.
(Of course, there is the matter that it might have harder time working on big, complex and interconnected objects like, say, "surface of a planet" (:P), but with enough force and precision 'exploding' a bridge, a building or something like that shouldn't be out of the realm of possible, I think.)

Oh, and of course, the hammer in question shouldn't itself resonate. Its name comes from it causing other things to resonate. Kind of misleading, I guess.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: October 25, 2015, 02:47:30 pm »

((the problem is you aren't going to be able to evenly spread the vibration out over the large surface over an extended period of time. also, large areas usually don't have the same frequency throughout. so the resonance naturally disperses itself. bridges are a special exception to the rule because (not of marching soldiers, but of wind) they DO get the same impact evenly over a large area that has the same frequency throughout and doesn't have a good way to ground itself out being suspended in the air like they are.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: October 25, 2015, 03:01:40 pm »

((Well, then how about using two-three/several linked repeating hammers to be placed in crucial points of the structure-to-be-destroyed? Basically the same as what you said about spreading out.

And, I think, it's not limited to just bridges. To my knowledge, it's also explicitly forbidden to march indoors, for example. Though we might be talking about different cases with different causes.))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:04:23 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: October 25, 2015, 03:13:55 pm »

I think thats enough for today. I'll look over the rest later. Try to hold your comments till I'm done with the current batch our we'll be here forever.

People, please stop posting here until pw has given the green light. We have Hep OOC for all your tinker discussion needs. This also make things much easier for the council peeps, aka the people going over your numerous projects.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: October 26, 2015, 09:42:38 am »

So I've been thinking, te artifact bougt by the Common soldier's union contains little gems in it. What if we were to carve them into lenses and replace the lenses in our laser rifles with them?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: October 26, 2015, 12:50:57 pm »

So I've been thinking, te artifact bougt by the Common soldier's union contains little gems in it. What if we were to carve them into lenses and replace the lenses in our laser rifles with them?
Do it far away from me. But it's a good question.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: October 26, 2015, 12:58:32 pm »

Do it far away from me. But it's a good question.
ok...probably what I'm going to do right before hopping into the drop pods IF I get chosen.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #1569 on: October 26, 2015, 01:03:40 pm »

Hmm I thought Sullen Moon is on M24?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: October 26, 2015, 01:11:41 pm »

Hmm I thought Sullen Moon is on M24?
is it, hmmm ok guess I'll have to do afterwards...I wonder what sullen moon tastes like on donuts
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: October 26, 2015, 01:15:54 pm »

Hey people, stop posting here until the gm says you can, we have a thread for this discussion right here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145831.0

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 14, 2015, 02:22:16 pm »

"I'm Dr. Arty. That way? Thank you."
Arty heads to the VR and runs "Tinker".
((Should I take it to the Hephestus OOC thread, or am I mistaken?))

ooooh...I'll have to actually do tinker again?

ALRIGHT, FINE.

Tinker thread is reopened.
Post or repost whatever you want me to look at.

I noticed that the MkII and MPC-II and above have medical delivery systems, multiple irises and a biotelemetry sensor suite, but there's nothing in the MPC-I, long coats and sharksuits, probably other stuff too. I'm not talking about EEG or biochemistry either, they don't have even the most basic vital sign sensors...

A quick search on eBay got me a blood pressure, respiratory and heart rate (among other things) wristwatch for US$20, and a pulse oxymeter for about US$7.50. I didn't even bothered to link the thermometers, since they're so cheap.

My point is that including basic vital signs monitors in every helmet would be completely trivial, and could vastly improve the medics' opportunity to roleplay survival rates of those who can't or don't want to use a more advanced MkII, MPC-II or better suit.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:02:37 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 14, 2015, 04:14:18 pm »

((I am so sorry PW))

The "Shredder" suit

Short version, take a MkIII (or assault suit), add a fuck ton of knives and swords and shit, then add a little bit of armoring (or take away for assault suit) and rockets to not die instantly.

Long version, again start with a MkIII (or assault suit). Then add monoswords, force swords, white hot cudgel sword, cold infused swords, ghost blade,  basically anything and everything. Attachment point on the forearms, with a sheath system that allows you to retract them out of the way and only have out certain ones. Also, probably a little space magic will be involved, but, a way to launch them out at targets, and then also a way to recall them. Beef up the rockets for more maneuverability, some light armoring (or take away some for assault suit) and a beefed up exoskeleton to handle the weight. Use an MMI to control it, and say, oh, +2 Uncon, +1 Aux, and +2 Dex to use. Hit hard and fast, then run like hell the other way. Rinse, repeat, try to not die.

Edit: Could also have forcefield armor to further reduce weight. AoT style maneuvering pack for quick erratic change of direction. AoP crowd wire style gloves because why the hell not at this point. Claymores if using an assault suit to encourage people to let go/get off of the suit. Some of that invisibility spray that one guy got during the attack on Hephaestus. Not to be completely invisible, just to be harder to see with the naked eye. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions  :)

MOAR EDITS: Solid light armor. Especially if it uses uncon, and this is mostly an Uncon suit. Yeah. Controllable armor thickness.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:49:24 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Nunzillor

« Reply #1574 on: December 14, 2015, 04:17:08 pm »

Hell yes, I love it.  Bonus points if you can fire the swords all at once in a bunch of different directions, or wield them all at once.  I don't suppose you could throw a flamethrower in there somewhere?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:36:09 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 127