Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Perl scripts that read RAWs and present tables of data (plants, creatures)  (Read 11262 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Anything that helps with stonesense would be amazing, as I have done literally nothing to make MDF stobesense compatible, and dont know yet how it actually works (e.g. stonsense syntax in the .xml files)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My stonesense <=> RAWs check is here, but it isn't complete and fool-proof. I don't understand some things about Stonesense xml and no one was able to explain them to me so far.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133640.msg4789713#msg4789713

EDIT: Anyway, to Stonesensify Masterwork, you'd need to have a full-time sprite artist and xml writer. Me and others have been trying to stonesensify Pony mods (which have much much fewer creatures and stuff) and were only partly successful. Come to think of it, I wrote a script that read pony castes and produced hundreds of kilobytes of xml config for stonesense.

I'm considering writing a materials script next. It is feasible to read all INORGANIC and MATERIAL_TEMPLATE things, then fill in the blanks in materials that use templates. I'm not too sure about a few things, though:
* Which tokens are important. This is a good place to start http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Metal but there is a crapload of material definition tokens: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Material_token 
* How do organic materials work, exactly? It would be nice to have a list of thread, silk, bone and leather properties too. I don't even know if it is possible to mod these things to have different properties and things like ironwool, ironwood and dragon hide offer better protection. I'm guessing it can be done.

Then there is the problem of material syndromes, which I guess I can port from creature script.

Overall materials are tricky, but there is a need for them.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:04:05 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updated creature script. Megabeasts and Semibegabeasts are now part of creature class and not misc tokens, sorting is now possible by more columns and importing CSV to a Spreadsheet is supposed to work better, except that it is now worse. This is surprising, because I remember testing this before and spreadsheet treated everything between quotes as one string, even if it had line breaks. Oh well, no one seems to use these scripts to import DF data into a spreadsheet anyway.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I will use it for the armor manual. But I have to clean up my list of items first. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]