Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: You Enter A Room  (Read 11039 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
You Enter A Room
« on: February 07, 2014, 08:34:35 pm »

RULES/Glossary of Color:
Red is a GM command. Heed or suffer.
Limegreen is a spell. Utilize this to invoke a spell.
Purple is a skill. Utilize this color to invoke. Can be used most/any time without restrictions.
Navy is the color of inherent traits. These generally cannot be invoked.
Orange are characters, noted when action-relevant
Yellow are notable details.
Teal are notable modifiers. Usually from exceptional rolls [Or outliers in the case of a poor batch of rolls!].
Khaki is the color of locations visitable in one way or another.
Maroon is the color of interactive characters. Dieties, GM, etc. Mostly All-Powerful for the most part.
Blue is the color of dialogue. Usage means an entity/person is speaking. Also indicates 'internal'/special dialogue when italic.
Beige are items that can fit into inventory.
Gold is a wound.
More flavors to come!
((This is experimental and subject to change, I have a fairly good outline of what I want to do with this. Remember, OOC goes in parenthesis!))

((This first round will be limited to 10 maximum results))

Spoiler: First post (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:02:06 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: You Enter A Room
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 08:35:25 pm »

Subjects:
Playergamer
Ye Olde Harry
"Some sort of door-guru"
Mechanic [Likely]
Quote from: Character sheet

Skills:
Mechanics
Traps
Book-Learned

Spells:

Traits:

Wounds:

Modifiers:

Inventory:
Brick of Room's Material[Unknown material!]

darkpaladin109
Wvio, Destroyer
"How'd that guy get so lucky anyway?"
Corrupt Mage

Skills:
Magical Knowledge II

Spells:
Summon Fire
Push
Detect Metal
Molten Hands

Traits:
Wild Magic
Inherent Luck
Abominable Aura

Wounds:

Modifiers:
-10 to all deity interaction.

Inventory:
2 short swords [No enchantment]

Remuthra
Joe Bridger
"Resident king"
Unknown Class [likely leader-tier]

Skills:
Persuasion
Leadership

Spells:

Traits:
Insanity

Wounds:

Modifiers:
-2 to sanity rolls.

Inventory:

mastahcheese
Cromwell Jackson
"Forgetting everything can unlock anything"
Arcane Thief

Skills:
Unnatural Science

Spells:
Drain Essence

Traits:
Mindless

Wounds:

Modifiers:

Inventory:

GreatWyrmGold
Angel Beatrice Carlson
"Why doesn't he ever take that helmet off?"
Unknown Class

Skills:

Spells:
[1-A 19 required] Cleanse Toxins
[1-A 19 required] Mend Self

Traits:
Enhanced Body

Wounds:

Modifiers:

Inventory:
Cursed blessed Ornate Helmet with Visor designated 1-A 19 [Sentience] [Enchanted??] [Spells]

The Froggy Ninja
Dave D. Davidson
"WHY DO I HEAR VOICES"
Dreamer

Skills:
Dreamer

Spells:
Project Self

Traits:
Strong+
Ignored By Gods

Wounds:

Modifiers:

Inventory:

Sinlessmoon
Arkan the Great
Eldritch Horror

Skills:
Shapeshift

Spells:

Traits:
Scaly
Adorable
Horror

Wounds:
Unconscious

Modifiers:

Inventory:

Victims:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:24:46 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 08:38:39 pm »

((Subject to changes))
The Library Of Helpful Knowledge

Spells:
    Level ∞:
    • Roll Dice: If the GM commands a dice roll, remember your fundamentals! A simple, yet critical skill for spelunking. You'd be surprised how difficult a saving throw is without some of these and a quick hand! Don't be too cozy, the GM won't like self-rolls all the time!
    • [1-A 19 required] Cleanse Toxins: 1-A 19 injects a viscious mix of antiviral and antitoxins into the bloodstream, finding and destroying any anomalies. Will cure any form of poison, most forms of parasites and even protect from blood-based temperature changes [such as 'Boil blood'] with built in heating/cooling.
    • [1-A 19 required] Mend Self: 1-A 19 injects a mixture of coagulant, regenerative elixirs and pure unadulterated science juices borne millennia ago to help rapidly seal major wounds and completely heal minor ones. Requires a recharge after use.

Level 0:
    • Push: Can be used to project kinetic force. Up to caster how hard and in what way to push.

Level 1:
    • Summon Fire: Allows you to summon a fire! Up to caster how to mold it. Persistent flame is very draining. Can also summon adorable fireflies.
    • Detect Metal: Caster attempts to detect all metallic objects within range. Extra roll to determine effectiveness.
    • Drain Essence: Caster can drain life force from living beings and magical force from objects using this. Weapons, pieces of holy land, objects connected to deities are all free game. Think of this like "Kirby" but much more prone to backfire. Drained items/creatures get saving throw. Critical failure by caster results in wiping own mind, and returning to base skills! Requires "Unnatural Science" to learn. Cannot drain party members without consent.
    • Project Self: Caster projects an image of him/herself anywhere they wish, limited only by their eyesight, and are commanded freely. Very powerful mages can make these corporeal, essentially creating two of themselves to fight the enemy.
    Level 2: Requires "Magical Knowledge II" to learn.
    • Molten Hands: Caster transforms his or her forearms into flesh of magma and bones of adamant. Effectiveness is limited to the user's imagination.
      Skills:
      • Book-Learned: A skill that represents a characters scholastic prowess. These characters can read most books of familiar language. Also gives bonuses to trivial 'learned' skills.
      • Traps: Deals with the setting up, dismantling, identifying, and generally ruining the time of trap designers.
      • Mechanics: An umbrella skill if there ever was one. A character skilled in general mechanics is able to maintain, identify, dismantle and otherwise ruin the time of basic mechanic structures. Specialized sub-skills exist.
      • Persuasion: Characters with this are better at negotiation, diplomacy and everything you'd think comes with a quick tongue.
      • Leadership: Characters with this are capable of party leadership. Bonuses to diplomacy, party strength and NPC interaction depending on ability.
      • Magical Knowledge I: This skill tree represents a characters ability to study, learn, and be aware of magical nuances. Can also represent an inherent casting ability. Takes a very long time to accomplish, and most mages will have spent their careers trying to gain this basic knowledge. Magical Knowledge I allows a character to learn most level 1 spells.
      • Magical Knowledge II: This represents a character who is not only skilled in the ways of magic, but studied it formally [Likely in a very high Ivory Tower] under great Tome-Mages. A character with Magical Knowledge II is basically a master of their art and understands the nuances of metaphysical sciences. Can learn a larger variety and more specialized magics normally limited to elementalists. Can learn level 2 spells. This is the height of power for most mundane humans.
      • Dreamer: A character with this skill is able to put their mind to doing most anything, given enough time and effort.
      • Unnatural Science: This character can bend the very fabric of what is thought to be possible. Their very existence is likely a paradox. Bonuses to learning unconventional magics/sciences thought contradictory by usual standards.
      • Shapeshift: Usually limited to the chosen druids in nature, this character has the unnatural ability to mold their flesh and bones to most shapes. Limited by endurance and mental willpower. Even the most powerful characters cannot shapeshift and hold such form for extended periods.
      [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Traits:
        • Horror: If you have this, you are not of this world. You are a scourge in the eyes of both demons and paragons of virtue. Entire planes of existence have devoted their eternities to fighting these outer-dimensional objects. This trait has many effects, and very few of them are good. Can achieve powers impossible.
        • Strong+: Someone with giant bones and a chiseled jaw. A character with this trait has the strength of atleast two gorillas. Large bonus to damage and most things that require brute force.
        • Adorable: This trait represents an uncanny ability for a character to deflect attention from their bad side with the sheer power of cuteness. Bonuses to diplomacy and intrigue checks.
        • Scaly: Rough, scaly skin is this gist of this trait. Provides protection from most cuts and mild heat resistance.
        • Abominable aura: While unbeknownst to the untrained eye, a character with this trait is a blemish on the natural order of things. He/she has cavorted with the enemies of devils and angels and patient GMs, the Eldritch Horrors. There are many effects of this trait and most are bad. If a cleric of good or evil detects you they will not hesitate to attack.
        • Insanity: Characters with this trait can do very unconventional things.
        • Wild Magic: Up is down and left is right in the magical minds of these characters. Exceptional or poor spell rolls may not do what you expect.
        • Inherent Luck: Incredible ability to defy all odds. +1 to all rolls.
        • Mindless: This represents a characters total lack of mental machination. This means they are immune to most forms of mind control, confusion, fear, mind-blasting attacks, mind-reading, etc. On the other hand, they cannot gain skills naturally without vast amounts of time spend studying.
        • Enhanced Body: +1 to most/all rolls involving agility, strength, endurance, reactions. All the bonuses of an enhanced metabolic system rigged up to a sentient steroid-pumping helmet, basically.
        • Ignored By Gods: This character has begged from too many gods and upset the majority of them. No god, deity, or metaphysical force will aid you or hear your calls with this trait. Magic and skills must come only naturally to these characters, as gods will not change their mind once this decision has been made.
        « Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:05:41 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
        • Dance dance hadoken!
          • View Profile
        « Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 08:41:05 pm »

Ye Olde Harry

(Brackets or Parentheses?)
        A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
        Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
        • has no intention of returning here
          • View Profile
        « Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 08:44:29 pm »

Wvio, Destroyer(Derm in reverse alphabetical order)
        EDIT: Roll Dice: 1d6 -> 1
        « Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:57:10 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
        • Grinning God of Death
          • View Profile
        « Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 08:44:58 pm »

((Parenthesis, sorry  :) Remember to roll the dice to be considered! The first round here is unique.))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
        • has no intention of returning here
          • View Profile
        « Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 08:46:20 pm »

((So do we just post an action?))

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
        • Grinning God of Death
          • View Profile
        « Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 08:51:21 pm »

((Utilize the Roll Dice skill, should be more clear now. Copy+Paste results. I will not do this very often, its just this starting round will be... altered, by the outcomes.))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
        • I live once more...
          • View Profile
        « Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 08:52:06 pm »

Joe Bridger

1d6->4

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
        • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
          • View Profile
        « Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 09:23:18 pm »

Cromwell Jackson

Roll(1d6)+0:
        2,+0
        Total:2

(...Is that bad or good?)
        Oh look, I have a steam account.
        Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
        As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
        The Derail Thread

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
        • Dance dance hadoken!
          • View Profile
        « Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 09:24:10 pm »

Roll (1d6)+0
        4,=0
        Total:4
        A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
        Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
        • Grinning God of Death
          • View Profile
        « Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 09:25:25 pm »

(...Is that bad or good?)

((It's very good!))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
        • I live once more...
          • View Profile
        « Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 09:26:37 pm »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
        • Grinning God of Death
          • View Profile
        « Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 09:29:14 pm »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
        • Sane, by the local standards.
          • View Profile
        « Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 10:08:44 pm »

Angel Beatrice Carlson

Carp.
        Sig
        Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
        [GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
        Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8