Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: You Enter A Room  (Read 11036 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: You Enter A Room
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2014, 09:27:39 pm »

"I will get you you abomination!"

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2014, 10:38:22 pm »

"But...but, Elder Council!... Fine."

Figure out what Eldritch powers I have.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2014, 12:33:48 am »

Attempt to drain essence from the nearest scientist.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2014, 02:26:54 pm »

((Will do an update at some point today, very hungover, sorry to be slow!))
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2014, 02:41:59 pm »

Set Cromwell on fire before he he drains my essence.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2014, 03:18:10 pm »

"Where's the reaction?"

Examine cubbyhole. Don't fall into real hole.

"REACTION IMPOSSIBLE TO CLASSIFY. SCANS CANNOT PENETRATE FURTHER DUE TO SURROUNDING MATERIALS. CONJECTURE: THIS BUILDING IS AN UNCLASSIFIED ANOMALY. SUGGEST COLLECTION OF LOOSE BUILDING MATERIAL FOR FURTHER RESEARCH."
You ponder this and approach the furthest wall, hoping to find this 'cubbyhole.'
Code: [Select]
Roll(1d6)+0:
6,+0
Total:6
[Perfect roll bonus!]

You skirt the edge of the room and the ominous-looking hole that adorns the center.

You slowly scan the wall attempting to find any striking features. You immediately notice a small hole in the wall, maybe the size of a finger. You ponder this mystery and feel a draw as you walk towards it.

*Angel reaches forward and sticks a finger into the hole. A loud mechanism is heard deep inside the wall, straining to perform its ancient task.

Ancient mechanism rolls to save!
Roll(1d4)+0:
2,+0
Total:2
The wall groans and suddenly a medium-sized panel of the wall slides back and recedes into the brickworks, revealing a hole in the wall, about 1 meter wide and tall. The back of the hole is not visible. You hear a popping sound and a clang behind the wall. The mechanism must not have survived.

As his first act in the name of Hypnos Dave rushes and picks up Arkan and throws him into the pit.

You roll to attack Arkan in the name of False Gods!
Roll(1d6)+0:
5,+0
Total:5
Arkan rolls to deflect hostility! Adorable trait activates!
Roll(1d6)+3:
5,+3
Total:8
[+2 from Adorable. +1 from inter-party defence.]

Arkan wins the roll by a large margin!

"I will get you you abomination!"

*Dave rushes over to Arkan and begins to pet him vigorously! He prefers Horrors for their scaly skin and whimsical nature.

"Woah!"

Hit dave with the brick to knock him out.
You wield your trusty brick and advance on Dave as he is distracted by the purring Arkan.

You roll to coup de grace! [Unaware enemy!]
Roll(1d6)+0:
5,+0
Total:5
Dave rolls to defend!
Roll(1d6)+0:
2,+0
Total:2
[No inter-party defence, took hostile action!]
Dave doesn't even notice, oh dear!

*Harry swings the brick and a loud THUNK punctuates the contact with Dave's skull. He falls like a sack of potatoes.

You might have swung a bit hard, but he'll be alright. Dave is now unconscious.

"But...but, Elder Council!... Fine."

Figure out what Eldritch powers I have.
You roll to recall your horrible powers!
Roll(1d6)+0:
6,+0
*Arkan is flushed with power. He has gained the skill Shapeshift.

Attempt to drain essence from the nearest scientist.
You attempt to drain a scientist for their delicious science knowledge, but remember you're the only one here with any sort of skillset like that. And that you can't drain teammates without consent, no matter what roll you get. Something about it 'being against house rules'.

Set Cromwell on fire before he he drains my essence.

"That's not quite needed. As you are in the same party, you cannot be drained without consent."

You are standing in a room. Dave is unconscious and drooling on the ground. Angel is examining the furthest wall from the main entrance, and has uncovered a hole in the wall. The rest of your team is continuing to accomplish little progress, huddled near the main entrance. The room is well-lit, and there are many pieces of equipment scattered about. The center of a room holds a well-like furnishing with a body dangling down it.

What do you do?

"Remember, the Library describes the utility of many things."

[E: added glows, modifier I missed]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:25:34 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2014, 03:28:25 pm »

"You know what I think? I think we need some more light in here."
Light the furniture in the middle of the room on fire.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2014, 03:31:14 pm »

Enter doorway.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2014, 03:40:41 pm »

"You know what I think? I think we need some more light in here."
Light the furniture in the middle of the room on fire.

You attempt to 'light the furniture in the middle of the room on fire'

The center of the room holds only one defining feature, a raised rim with a body of some sort half-dangling down it. Looks like a well, almost.

And notice there is no furniture here to burn, as has been readily obvious!

"I'm not sure you're even reading your own skills or what is in the room. Remember, you can Summon Flame. That does not mean 'fireball'. It means you can summon a living flame that will obey you."

Enter doorway.

Its not terribly large, maybe a meter wide and tall; but the hole seems big enough to squeeze into. You settle on calling it a doorway and press yourself into it on your hands and knees. Step by strained step you feel the fear of claustrophobia strike. Even in the light of your helmet, the end of the hole is not visible. To continue you'd have to leave behind your party, and you can tell you'd have one hell of a time backing out if you were deeper inside. You can stay behind and convince your party to come. This appears to be a one-way trip, so choose wisely. Continue alone? Y/N.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:45:50 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2014, 04:03:04 pm »

((As a cleric/prophet and thus semi-connected to my god shouldn't his horrorness cancel out or outweigh his adorableness?))

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2014, 04:12:22 pm »

((As a cleric/prophet and thus semi-connected to my god shouldn't his horrorness cancel out or outweigh his adorableness?))

((You're neither a cleric or a prophet, unfortunately. And note you created your own god and thus follow the False Gods in the eyes of all deities.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2014, 04:18:33 pm »

((A meter square hole seems like it would be pretty easy to go through. Even an adult could crawl through with no claustrophobic issues from anyone except actual claustrophobes.))

N

Return and attempt to locate loose building materials.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2014, 04:47:26 pm »

((What? Hypnos is the Greek god of sleep.))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2014, 04:52:46 pm »

Use Detect Metal to try to find a chain somewhere in the room. If I do find a chain, take it and combine it with my two short swords to make SWORD CHUCKS.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2014, 05:22:50 pm »

((A meter square hole seems like it would be pretty easy to go through. Even an adult could crawl through with no claustrophobic issues from anyone except actual claustrophobes.))

N

Return and attempt to locate loose building materials.

((Well, I'm terrible with my in-head metrics and it seems you're right. We'll go with it being a bit smaller than one meter, basically, shoulder-width crawling room only kind of small. Half a meter seems like it'd be impossible to fit into))

You shimmy back out of the wall and wonder the next step. A-1 mentioned the building materials are unique and consider collecting some. Glancing around the room shows, oddly, very little building debris. Even in the bright light you cannot seem to find one single crumbled brick, as incredible as it seems in such an ancient-looking place. You do remember one of your companions tripping over one and picking it up, though, which now seems very strange in hindsight.

((What? Hypnos is the Greek god of sleep.))

Roll a 1d10 to install 'Greek Gods' DLC.

Use Detect Metal to try to find a chain somewhere in the room. If I do find a chain, take it and combine it with my two short swords to make SWORD CHUCKS.
You focus and cast Detect Metal!
Roll(1d6)+0:
6,+0
[PERFECT ROLL BONUS!]
An overwhelming noise pierces your skull, you close your eyes in reflex and your vision swirls with colors. These colors vary but you can distinctly see the now-familiar room's outline in your eyelids, littered with many objects, shining in various colors. The room itself is a deep blue, nearly black. There are many spackles of other colors ranging the whole spectrum. You have no idea what they denote, possibly material related? You begin to understand how this vision works, as you open your eyes you see the world in normal terms then close them again to view the metals in their highlighted form. You look around; you examine the pieces of metal in the vision with your eyes properly opened; seeing scraps of long-ruined equipment, a dagger here and there, amongst other still-viable items. Seems pretty intuitive, I suppose. Closing your eyes and focusing on the center of the room you see a bright yellow line snaking down the hole. The top of the line ends near the lip of the hole, and seems to be held there only by the dangling body. Focusing more, you can make out the individual links of a chain, seems like there actually is some chain in here, albeit being used by a dead man.
((Thinking about making such visions a different color/format to denote a character is experiencing them inward, let me know if there's any preferences!))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:07:48 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8