Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sbcc's Story Thread  (Read 526 times)

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
Sbcc's Story Thread
« on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:48 pm »

.:NOTE:.
This is for my stories only, use writer's apprenticeship for your own stories.
Thank You, Sbcc

The Rain by G. Simpson

God be the only who control the weather, for to mess with God's masterpiece shall be a punishment only God could give.
~Anonymous

The clear blue sky gave way to brilliant colors lf violet, and a slash of orange gave the sky a whimsical look, one would only believe could be made in a Hollywood studio.  I can't imagine how the sky could be so brilliant.  In the valley where I lived, life was so lonely, but this place did have it ups, with the mountains giving way to a small river, it was the most amazing place.  The best thing too, I owned the entire valley, a place made by God, and maybe God's greatest masterpiece.

As night came, I picked up my favorite book, Project 10, and went into the bedroom, my bed was comfy, it made me almost fall asleep right when I got on it.  I soon started to read.  I was on page 80, and we just learn that a great floodhas just happened because the machine has failed.  After reading about 20 more pages, my yawning was taking over, and I thought that it was time to sleep.  I turned out the light, and started to go to sleep, the night.

I woke at 10 a.m, a overcast of clouds was blocking the Sun.  I liked the rain, and I knew it was going to be a big storm.  I could hear thunder in the distance, and I could hear the sound of rain hit the ground outside my home.  I knew this was going be one hell of a storm.  I soon went in, and fliped on the T.V.  I knew a story on it would be coming soon.

The storm was still over the valley.This was crazy I thought.  It has never rained this long here.  The small river at the bottom of the valley was now a massive river.  I was glad that my house was on a hill a few hundreds yards from the river.  I was glad of that in fact, or right now my house could be in the Snake River by now!  My electricity held.  Thank God for underground powerlines.  The television was now only static, my dish was knocked out.

Day two of this storm.  Why is it still going, no storm has lasted this long, the bottom of the valley eas now a small lake, and was rising fast.  I had to move all my valuable items to the small cellene near the top of the small mountain.  My house was about to be flooded.  I just wish this would end.  This was not normal at all.  I could see from the cellar, that the Snake River valley was flooded.  This was like the great deluge of Noah, this was the end of mankind.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:55:07 am by Sbcc »
To the beer!

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
Out of Ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 11:31:03 pm »

Don't know what to write.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 01:13:04 am by Sbcc »
To the beer!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rain
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 12:36:31 am »

Let me just copy these over here...

Buddy, have you considered keeping all of your short stories in one thread?

The writer's apprenticeship would be a great place for these.  Willfor and I are trying to bring some life back into the thread with contests, prompts, and regular critique. Come to the thread, enter a contest, and I'll set aside some time to critique one of your stories that isn't entered into one of my contests. (Since those get critiqued anyway.)

Come to the dark side. We have a union, and dental.*

*Dental plan consists of a checkup with the company mechanic who invariably tells clients that their teeth are bad and their breath smells like week dead carp. He will also insult your mother free of charge.

I don't know if Draignean is cool with expanding his offer, but the point about the writer's apprenticeship thread is a good one.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Rain
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 12:48:06 am »

Well, ya I do write alot of stories, ya ill make me a thread, thanks
To the beer!