Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will we be able to build?  (Read 1254 times)

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Will we be able to build?
« on: February 08, 2014, 02:35:09 pm »

In the next version, there are things like site claiming and taverns. I know you could reclaim a fort or just claim an already built castle as your base but what will happen to the Inns and taverns? Will they be normal buildings in a town and you must step in the bar walk up to the current Barkeeper and heroically battle it out?

Also i kinda want to build an Inn on the side of a road, far away from the city. Sort of like a stop for travellers, heroes and caravans, to rest. And then make a "special gnomeblight drink" to defend myself from mountain gnomes. Or retire and visit it with your new adventurer to save yourself from the bogeymen, man that would be cool... Oh God...i cant wait... plz toady plz
This thread is why I love dwarf fortress. We start at engravings of wagons and end up using necromancy to raise them from the dead, and were-wagons.
I jumped off a ramp in a cave and exploded.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Will we be able to build?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 08:27:39 pm »

It's planned, but definitely not in the next version. I believe you can pretty much take over towns, though, so you can sort of own a tavern.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 10:39:21 pm »

Try modding!

I believe that there's a mod out there called Adventure Fort or something which allows you to dig, craft and likely build. That said, I've never used it so I really don't know. But still check it out, it may be just what you're looking for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 02:02:37 am »

Try modding!

I believe that there's a mod out there called Adventure Fort or something which allows you to dig, craft and likely build. That said, I've never used it so I really don't know. But still check it out, it may be just what you're looking for.

Advfort is a DFHack script.

blazing glory

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 05:34:31 am »

Try modding!

How does one activate this script? I never found out.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 06:41:19 am »

It's absolutely planned that eventually you can stop and setup your own little site, and eventually grow it to a fortress, if not other types of sites, however who knows how far away that might be?  Yes you can take over other sites, but afaik you can make no structural modifications.
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 09:49:37 am »

Try modding!

How does one activate this script? I never found out.

Type in 'gui/advfort'.

You may want to add a keybinding to the dfhack.init so that you don't have to keep typing the command in over and over again.