Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ☼Limalthol - Wealthy deep☼  (Read 4366 times)

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
☼Limalthol - Wealthy deep☼
« on: February 10, 2014, 10:30:50 pm »

After unseccesful campaign at Zustashnir Limul The East Empire Trade Company and greedy king of Uristia, Urist Scrooge McDuck III are trying to set up a new mine. This time on the other side of the island, which is much safer and not evil. For this task they chose Bim Assogusur, young woman who was put in charge of a camp from which settlers went to Zustashnir Limul. She fought against zombies very well and her management skills were considered great. She took 9 veterans with her, eager to fight and revenge their fallen brothers and sisters.

Cool rules:

As Limalthol is just a colony owned by The East Empire Trade Company it has to match some restrictions.

1. Stay with mayor, never accept a barony.
2. For all profit made from trade, at least 20% must go as offerings to dwarven caravan (divident for the rich)
3. No dwarf can have a crown and wear it.
4. Critisizing The East Empire Trade Company is forbidden.
5. Mayor is obligated to send periodical reports to the EETC.

This seems like a nice spot
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Log

Bim Assogusur:
It was not long till we realised how rich spot we have chosen. Brimstone, amethysts, galena, titanite. All over the mountain. Is this possible that gods favored us this one time?

But then, all of the sudden, our miners brought incredible news! We have found gold!

Oh Armok be praised! For years in this horrible place I've been dreaming about this day! A day when we can finally cheer and get rich as kings! Of course we're still part of the Trading Company and if we refuse to give them their fair share they're going to kill us but who knows what awaits us in the future? Maybe we will get strong enough to buy our independance?

Soon we realised that there are at least several veins of gold here. And that only on this level! Who know what awaits us beneath?

And this was not the end of good news. Our miners found some precious aluminum also.

Look how huge these veins are!

Soon we had our first migrants - two workers from our old site. We are still waiting for a bunch sent by our King. We really do hope that they're not mindless zombies yet.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:17:57 pm by Ekaton »

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Limalthol - Wealthy deep☼
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 01:48:39 pm »

Kosoth Ingizamnek:

I was sent by the Company to replace incompetent Bim Assogusur.

We're extremely lucky! We have everything we may ever need in here! Well, maybe except anything that could be melted to make iron yet, but still gold, silver, aluminum, granite, graphite, obsidian, coal and lots of gems sound like a dream! We've established our main base with food supplies, kitchens, stockpiles and main workshops already. Right now we're digging to make iron factory with magma pipe underneath.

Our future iron factory level:

Our pastures inside the mountain:

Our new fields:

Immigrant quarters:

Citizen quarters:

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 05:08:05 pm »

Kosoth Ingizamnek:

I hereby declare that export of figurines is prohibited. Any dwarf caught when doing so is going to be thrown into the volcano. Even though they are a good source of our income, I just really love to look them, cuddle and play with them. They're like my family :)

Our new pipe system:

But then all the horns of Limalthol rang. Announcing that a giant monster came to kill the dwarves who were too succesful and finish their misery on the haunted island.

It could fly so I decided that our only chance was to force it inside and fight in the corridors.

I looked at men and women beside me. They were scared, mostly unarmed and with no weapons. But with strong desire to keep our fortress safe from the invader. He was one and so were we.

But then he chose to attack our trade entrance, slaughtering our animals. We went there to defend. How ironic it was that this happened just after we started to improve our defences.

But we're not selling ourselves cheaply!

This is a great triumph!

It wounded three of our dwarves who are now recovering but unfortunately also slaughtered all our dogs.

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 02:03:41 am »

Cool rules:

As Limalthol is just a colony owned by The East Empire Trade Company it has to match some restrictions.

1. Stay with mayor, never accept a barony.
2. For all profit made from trade, at least 20% must go as offerings to dwarven caravan (divident for the rich)
3. No dwarf can have a crown and wear it.
4. Critisizing The East Empire Trade Company is forbidden.
5. Mayor is obligated to send periodical reports to the EETC.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:05:22 am by Ekaton »

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 08:59:14 am »

Kosoth Ingizamnek:

Our fortress is now well fortified and we can go on to our great project - "The Mines of Moria" which we hope will be ready in couple of years.

Main entrance, fortified by a bridge with magma river underneath it and by two weapon traps with 10 iron spikes each between the door. Couple more traps are planned though.

Magma below the bridge:

But I think that the most important news is that my new office was finally finished! Walls and floor made out of silver, gold throne, golden statues, golden door. That's how we do it in the colonies!

Metal production:

Kosoth Ingizamnek's report

Weapons and armors - a lot of, we were buying everything made out of steel and made weapons and armors for more than 20 soldiers out of it.

Metals - we have great amounts of gold, silver, lead and aluminum. Our export hit is currently golden goblets for which we can buy the whole caravans out.

Food and booze - decent production and also, what we can't produce, we can always buy.

Sieges - goblins are attacking us constantly, same as wild animals. No zombies yet which is great news. We stand fast. Invincible and Legendary.

I am also sending some of our best choirdwarves to sing you a song about our army.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:30:35 am by Ekaton »

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 10:41:20 am »

We're doing so well but we are about to meet with a giant colossus. Let's see if he's a match for our steel axes!

But first, the drows are going to feel his copper fists.

Drows were fighting bravely but their spiders and weapons harmed the colossus only a bit. The dwarves were their only hope.

A dying drow

They fighted and they fighted

And so, the mighty collossus lied to their feet, cutted in parts like a giant, metal sushi.

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 10:50:57 am »

We know our luck. Just as the titan lied slain, the goblins came to attack our dwarves who only wanted to go home and rest!

They had bats and trolls.

But can they really challenge drunken dwarves?

Yah they wish! And now they're all dead. Armok always love some good ol' goblin blood.

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 12:04:00 pm »

Alath Luredod:

Just when we finished them off, a new group of goblins came, along with their general.

They were all slaughtered, one by one, but at a huge prize. Our beloved mayor, Kosoth Ingizamnek died when a goblin chopped his head off.

Then more and more goblins came

More and more died: the next mayor, military commander, couple of talented axedwarves... the situation got tougher by the minute.

But ultimately we slain them. Dozens and dozens of goblins and other evil creatures they brought with them. We were walking knee-deep in blood. But this all came at a prize. From our population of 170, 119 remain. We lost many good fighters and workers. We lost 3 mayors, 2 military commanders and chief medical dwarf. But even so, we survived, stronger and tougher than ever. We can survive this, at least there are no elephant zombies here... or yet at least...

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 12:12:40 pm »

Alath Luredod:

Report for the King Urist - The Mines of Moria

My dear king, king of kings, Urist of Urists, the most useless noble ever in the history of dwarfkind. May I present you this sketch of what our mines will look like in the future. These columns are made of pure obsidian and are going to be at least 5 levels tall. We are also thinking about several magma waterfalls on the edges and also some magma fountains. But perhaps that will be sometime in the future. We are also going to build a bridge over the sea of magma because it looks very cool and can help us heat ourselves in the winter.

I personally commanded the search for Balrog that we can keep in the cage in the middle of Moria but so far we have no results.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 12:17:52 pm »

i would like to be dorfed as your best axedwarf available.his name is Thantos.

he wears a black cloak,hood,gloves and pants. this makes so you can only see his pulsing black eyes and his mouth that always has a cigarette in it. he does not talk much but when he does he is pessimistic. he is usually calm and he releases all of his emotions in combat. 
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 02:22:45 pm »

i would like to be dorfed as your best axedwarf available.his name is Thantos.

he wears a black cloak,hood,gloves and pants. this makes so you can only see his pulsing black eyes and his mouth that always has a cigarette in it. he does not talk much but when he does he is pessimistic. he is usually calm and he releases all of his emotions in combat.

He is my best axedwarf, legendary one, a good armor user and dodger too. The only survivor of his squad which was slaughtered by goblins.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 03:40:51 pm »

He is perfect thanks
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley