Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 86641 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)
« on: February 11, 2014, 10:34:50 am »

The year is 1863, and the location is the wild West of the United States. A Confederate army is trying to take control of the West from the Union, and have infiltrated several men into a Union camp to sabotage it. Along with them are three men who don't care about the war, but are merely trying to make it through alive so they can get to a secret stash of gold.

Hello, and welcome to my first attempt at running a Mafia game.

This game is a normal Mafia game with the exception of three players are third party players with no interest in the main portion of the game.

This game has 13 players, of which 7 are Union soldiers, 3 are Confederate Saboteurs, and 3 are third parties.

Union Players are Town and win when all Confederates are dead. The lynch vote is the town's main weapon against third parties. The town get one power role in the form of the Union General, who can inspect a player at night to determine whether they are Union or Confederate.

Confederate Players are Mafia/Scum and win when all the Union players are dead. The Confederates have access to a quicktopic and have a Night Kill. The Confederates also have one player with an inspect ability, the Confederate General.

The Third Parties:
The Good: This player wins by keeping himself and the Ugly alive until the end of the game or until the Bad dies. The Good knows who the Ugly is and has a one-shot Nightkill. The Good comes up as Confederate to inspects
The Bad: The Bad wins by keeping himself alive until the game ends or the Good and the Ugly are dead. The Bad has a Nightkill. The Bad is essentially an SK with an additional goal. The Bad comes up as Union to inspects.
The Ugly: The Ugly wins by keeping himself and the Good alive until either the Bad dies or the game ends. The Ugly knows the identity of the Good. If the Confederates attempt to kill the Ugly, the kill will backfire and kill the one performing the kill. The Ugly also will survive the first time he is lynched, but his identity will be revealed. The Ugly comes up as Confederate to inspects.

When a third party wins or loses, and are still alive, they remain in the game, but with the Union win condition.

Players:
4maskwolf
Imperial Guardsman Confederate Soldier
Mastahcheese
TheDarkStar Union Soldier
notquitethere
Caz Union Soldier
Superblackcat
Darkpaladin109 Union General
Solymr Union Soldier
Tiruin Union Soldier
MyOwnWorstEnemy
Deathsword

Replacements:
Urist Imiknorris
TolyK

Deathsword replaced +!!scientist!!+ (inactivity)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:54:12 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 10:37:25 am »

Also, don't hesitate to ask any questions, suggest improvements or help making it more balanced, or tell me my idea is great/okay/terrible.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 03:18:47 pm »

Isn't 7 Union to 3 Confederate unbalanced?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 04:51:39 pm »

Isn't 7 Union to 3 Confederate unbalanced?
Well there's always the possibility the Confederates Nightkill a third party by accident, and the third parties probably want to look town so they can stay alive. So if you're saying I should drop a confederate, I'm not completely convinced.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 04:53:28 pm »

In.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 04:54:38 pm »

In.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 06:59:54 pm »

Sounds pretty rad.
In.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 07:52:29 pm »

In.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 08:08:16 pm »

Replacement list.

If a third party wins, do they leave the game?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 08:12:21 pm »

Replacement list.

If a third party wins, do they leave the game?
Yes.
Sigtext

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 08:33:26 pm »

Worst case scenario time:

Pretend the Bad is lynched D1.
You now enter N1 with 7 town, 3 scum. If the scum kill at all (which they will), then D2 starts with 6 town, 3 scum, at which point town can only afford to mislynch once.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 08:39:43 pm »

The problem is that all three of the Good, Bad, and Ugly can win with the confederates. So if a Union is lynched D1, then the game enters night with 6 union to 3 confederates + good + bad + ugly. The good, bad, and ugly can all side with the confederates.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 08:45:48 pm »

You now enter N1 with 7 town, 3 scum. If the scum kill at all (which they will), then D2 starts with 6 town, 3 scum, at which point town can only afford to mislynch once.
Good point. Should I change it so that third parties stay in the game and pursue a town wincon or just with survivor wincon?

The problem is that all three of the Good, Bad, and Ugly can win with the confederates. So if a Union is lynched D1, then the game enters night with 6 union to 3 confederates + good + bad + ugly. The good, bad, and ugly can all side with the confederates.
True, but the good and the ugly want to kill the bad and vice versa, so they may not want to reveal their identities. You also have a good point. If I switch the number of Confederates to 2, do you think that will be balanced?
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 08:49:05 pm »

How about third parties get a minor victory if they complete one wincon, and major victory if they complete both?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 08:53:37 pm »

Good point. Should I change it so that third parties stay in the game and pursue a town wincon or just with survivor wincon?

True, but the good and the ugly want to kill the bad and vice versa, so they may not want to reveal their identities. You also have a good point. If I switch the number of Confederates to 2, do you think that will be balanced?
I would think so, yes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33