Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 87293 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 2)
« Reply #405 on: March 06, 2014, 05:03:24 pm »

So you're saying you're not the Bad, Cheese? You do realise that the Bad can win the game by lynching the last town. You don't appear to have noticed: there is only one union player left.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 06, 2014, 05:19:42 pm »

No, I was not aware that there was only one town, I thought there was two when I wrote that, and looking back, I am clearly an idiot.
I also assumeed that being the Bad was, you know, a Bad thing, town-wise, so I did not realize the second part, either, I thought that being Bad held a scum-related victory, not a town one.
Pardon me while I go re-read the rules for like the fourth time now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 06, 2014, 05:21:59 pm »

EBWOP

Oh, I see why I thought that the Bad held a scum-victory.

"The Bad: The Bad wins by keeping himself alive until the game ends or the Good and the Ugly are dead. The Bad has a Nightkill. The Bad is essentially an SK with an additional goal. The Bad comes up as Union to inspects."

Since the Good/Ugly shows up as confederate, but seem to be town otherwise, I thought that Bad was actually scum because they show up as town on inspects, like a little inspect-reversal thing.
I inferred it, but that's not actually related to it at all. I get it now.
The Derail Thread

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 06, 2014, 05:27:32 pm »

I'm glad that misunderstanding is cleared up. Now, are you going to help lynch Deathsword, the final union player?

It's bad luck for town, losing four of their number overnight, ordinarily we would have sided with them. But they're dead.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 06, 2014, 05:30:05 pm »

Yeah, I didn't realize that the wincons are interchangeable on which side you took.
Deathsword
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 06, 2014, 06:18:42 pm »

Actually, cheese master is my scumbuddy, SBC is the bad. deathsword

shorten

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 06, 2014, 06:57:05 pm »

Yeah, it's true. I'm the other scum.
My excuse about the last minute vote was a bunch of crap.
Shorten
The Derail Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 06, 2014, 07:34:45 pm »

I have no idea where I got the idea that mastahcheese was the bad. Anyway, I wouldn't be able to survive past the next night at best. Hence the shorten.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 06, 2014, 08:17:36 pm »

Also, his D1 unvote got IG lynched. Damn fine play.
Why thank you.

Yes, you basically handed me the tools to convince you I was scum.  The only player who really pierced my disguise, or at least the only one who was vocal about it, was Caz (if you read this, Caz, I really want to hear how you figured me out).  But yeah, I indirectly bussed IG and was prepared to bus Mastah in order to pull the wool over your eyes.

I knew you were third party at the end of night one, NQT.  My inspect came back confederate, and you weren't on the scumteam, so....
From there on I tried to figure out who your buddy was and narrowed it down to Deathsword, Solymr, or MOWE.  I inspected Soly last night and he died, so it was either Deathsword or MOWE.  That's why I suggested that Mastah kill Tiruin: I was worried she would pierce my playstyle AND I didn't think that there was a chance of a backlash kill.  Sorry Tiruin.
Which were you, NQT?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 06, 2014, 08:33:13 pm »

there should have been a not in front of scum in that sentence...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 06, 2014, 09:08:50 pm »

The more I play mafia, the more I figure that the game is won by the more engaged team, or rather, town only win when enough of them are paying more attention than the scum.

I did actually have one niggling doubt about you Day 2 when you posted loads of posts one after the other as if you were artificially trying to increase your postcount just after I'd said Soly had the highest D1 count. I should have nourished that doubt more.

I was pretty busy this last week and maybe otherwise would have done a closer analysis, as it was most of my picks were wrong but it was OK because I managed to carefully tread the line between appearing lynchable (and so avoiding being night killed) but not actually getting lynched. MOWE was much better at the close read scum hunt game than me, she nailed IG and Cheese. I'd happily be on a team with her again.

Reread my first post of this game (just the first paragraph or two) closely and see if you can't guess who I am.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 06, 2014, 09:12:36 pm »

Hey guys, I'm up for not killing tonight.

I'm the bad, and since good has used it's kill, I'm fine with outing.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 06, 2014, 09:13:42 pm »

What's with the scum claims?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 06, 2014, 09:15:14 pm »

Hey SBC, read the last few posts. We know Deathsword is the only town player left. The rest of us (you included) will win today when we lynch him. Just vote Deathsword and Shorten.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 06, 2014, 10:04:46 pm »

The more I play mafia, the more I figure that the game is won by the more engaged team, or rather, town only win when enough of them are paying more attention than the scum.

I did actually have one niggling doubt about you Day 2 when you posted loads of posts one after the other as if you were artificially trying to increase your postcount just after I'd said Soly had the highest D1 count. I should have nourished that doubt more.

I was pretty busy this last week and maybe otherwise would have done a closer analysis, as it was most of my picks were wrong but it was OK because I managed to carefully tread the line between appearing lynchable (and so avoiding being night killed) but not actually getting lynched. MOWE was much better at the close read scum hunt game than me, she nailed IG and Cheese. I'd happily be on a team with her again.

Reread my first post of this game (just the first paragraph or two) closely and see if you can't guess who I am.
Actually, that was, contrary to popular belief, not an attempt to pad my post count.  What I said in that regard was true: I posted as I thought of things.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33