Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 87117 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 1)
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2014, 10:57:32 pm »

Titles

On the outskirts of a Union encampment, 12 men stood in a circle. Surrounding them was a squad of Union riflemen, rifles aimed at the men in the circle. Behind them, an officer sat on his horse and began to speak.

“We know that several Confederate Saboteurs infiltrated their way into this camp in the past few weeks, and the only men who joined our ranks during that time was you lot. If this were up to some of the other officers, they’d shoot you all, or torture you. But I heard about a method that was successful in a little town called Aifam in Texas. Each day, the 11 of you are going to choose someone to string up out here. Each night you all will return to tents we’ve set up outside the camp. Guards will surround you tents and ensure no one gets in or out. You may begin.”

Day 1 has begun, and will end on February 24th at 11:00 PM EST.

4maskwolf-
Imperial Guardsman-
Mastahcheese-
TheDarkStar-
notquitethere-
Caz-
Superblackcat-
Darkpaladin109-
Solymr-
Tiruin-
MyOwnWorstEnemy-
+!!scientist!!+-
No Lynch-

Not Voting-Everyone

0 votes to Extend
0 votes to Shorten

Once again, Day 1 will end on February 24th at 11:00 PM EST.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Prepare for Day)
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2014, 11:10:18 pm »

Alright.  Game on.

NQT: You have a great piece of information you want to share with the town, something that could tip the scales in the town's favor, but you are afraid that the mafia might mislead the town if you reveal this information and make the town lose.  What do you do?

TDS: You are a confederate, and you have two votes to lynch on you towards the end of day one.  There are a few people with one vote each on them.  Do you attempt to reason your way out of a lynch or just vote for someone else and hope they get lynched instead?

Imperial: You are the Union General and have discovered the identity of what you believe is a confederate.  Do you attempt to get them lynched or wait and see, as they could be the good or the ugly.

MastahCheese: You are a generic union soldier, but have a strong suspicion that another player is a confederate.  however, nobody else agrees with you.  What do you do?

Caz: As the bad, you claimed union general and tried to get another player you thought was the good lynched.  When the player was revealed as non-confederate by the lynch, you are caught in your bluff.  What do you do?

SBC: You are the good and see that the ugly is in danger of being lynched by a claimed union general.  What do you do?

DP109: As a new player, welcome.  What do you expect from your first game of mafia?

Solymr: Same as for DP, welcome.  Same question, too.

Tiruin: You are the ugly, and are suspected as a confederate.  How do you diffuse suspicion?

MOWE: You are the confederate general, and have discovered the identity of the good.  Do you claim union general and try to get them lynched, as they would have revealed confederate to the general, and hope that the counterclaim will give you a clear target?

+!!scientist!!+: What do you think is the best strategy for the bad in this game?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2014, 11:23:17 pm »

Also:

NQT: thanks for the playlist, by the way

+!!scientist!!+: Actually, I've got a better question: You are the bad, and one of the players seems to be an obvious confederate to you.  For lack of a better target, do you kill him, or do you kill a random other person.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2014, 11:28:00 pm »

Question time!

4maskwolf: If you were one of the third parties, would you support the Union or the Confederate side (having your wincon as a priority, of course)?

Imperial Guardsman: If you were the Union general, at what point would you reveal your role?

Mastahcheese: If you were a Confederate, would you go for a third party who was supporting the town or a normal townsperson first?

NQT: If you were the Ugly, when would you reveal what you are?

Caz: If you were the Bad and you had identified the Ugly, would you kill him immediately or wait to see who the Good is?

SBC: Would you consider it a waste of time to figure out who the Good and the Ugly are?

That's all I can think of for now, short of the semi-useless "What is your favorite color?" type questions, especially since it's really late right now.

PPE: 4maskwolf: It depends. If there's a good change that I'll be lynched, I'll probably make some "mistakes" like supporting a guy who seems scummy but isn't. I'd also try to argue against the other people in my team. If I might be able to survive, I'd cause some confusion by pointing out a problem with someone else. As long as the votecount changed by one, I'd be able to ensure that I survived.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2014, 11:30:22 pm »

TDS: I would probably support the union side, because they can't nk me if I get in their way.  Plus, I need them to win to win in totality.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2014, 11:50:10 pm »

4maskwolf
MastahCheese: You are a generic union soldier, but have a strong suspicion that another player is a confederate.  however, nobody else agrees with you.  What do you do?
Hmm, it would depend on how far in the game it was. First off, though, I'd look back and see if they made any discrepancies that I could point out, and generally just try my best to form a case against them that people would realize.

To give a question in kind: You are the Good. Someone, about to get lynched, has just claimed Union General in an attempt to clear another player as Union before they go down, but you've built up some strong suspicion about the one they're trying to clear. Do you assume them to be the Bad? How do you proceed, and why?

Imperial Guardsman: You are a generic Union trooper. Someone is pressing a case against you, but the points they are making aren't really adding up, but nobody seems to notice. What do you do, and why?

TheDarkStar
Mastahcheese: If you were a Confederate, would you go for a third party who was supporting the town or a normal townsperson first?
Well, if the third party was the Good, then getting rid of them would likely be best, as they have their own kill, but to target the Ugly would get a Confederate killed instead, so I think that the safer bet would be to go after normal Union troops instead, and try to get the Ugly lynched so the Bad could kill them.

And a Question for you: You are the Union General, and after having some serious speculation about them, you inspect them, and they show as Union. Some other people are pressing on them. What do you do, and why?

notquitethere: Someone has been lurking, and a couple other players have been going after them repeatedly. What's your take on the situation, and why?
Caz: You're a Confederate spy, and your scum buddy is getting attacked after someone claiming Union General has inspected them. How do you proceed, and why?
Superblackcat: You're a Union Soldier, and someone has just claimed to be the Union General, and said that another player is a Confederate. What do you do, and why?
Darkpaladin109: You're the Confederate General, and you've located the Union General in the night. How do you proceed, and why?
Solymr: You're the Ugly, and someone claiming to be the Union General is accusing who you know to be the Good. What do you do, and why?
Tiruin: You're the Bad, and the Good is dead. Someone claims Union General, and says that another person is a Confederate, but they don't get lynched by making the argument that they are the Ugly. Instead, the person claiming Union General gets lynched, and is proven to have told the truth. What do you do, and why?
MyOwnWorstEnemy: You're a Union Soldier, and someone is going after you, despite not having real evidence, yet people are still agreeing with them. What do you do? And why?
+!!scientist!!+: You are a Union Soldier, and the Good has been killed in the night, along with the Union General. Nobody really made any cases against them, and neither were particularly effective at scumhunting. What do you do now, and why?
No Lynch: Oh wait, this isn't a player.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2014, 11:53:53 pm »

Mastah: I don't say anything.  I wait until they are lynched, then go from there.  There is the possibility that they are the bad, but if the claim is valid then I can't say to lynch them.  As the good, though, I'd probably nk them, in case they were the bad.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2014, 12:58:57 am »

SBC: You are the good and see that the ugly is in danger of being lynched by a claimed union general.  What do you do

Let him get lynched, He won't die, due to his lynch protection. he'll just out as Ugly.

This way, I won't be found and the Bad can't kill me.

SBC: Would you consider it a waste of time to figure out who the Good and the Ugly are?

I think that it depends on the role of the person. I think it's worthless to do as town right now, and I think that Good/Ugly will reveal themselves at some point. Probably with claims. I'm still confused.. Does the Wincon change for the third parties when they fail/complete their third party wincons?

Superblackcat: You're a Union Soldier, and someone has just claimed to be the Union General, and said that another player is a Confederate. What do you do, and why?

I would tell everyone to explicitly state that they are NOT the union general, and then proceed to lynch the confederate if this happens.

If someone says they are the union general. I would still lynch the confederate. If it is a confederate I take the first outted union general as true with a grain of salt (Possible buss) and lynch the second Union General.

Sorry, I don't have time to post questions

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2014, 03:09:54 am »

4maskwolf:
I was expecting people to start random votes but questions work too :P

mastah:
If the Bad is alive, as a last resort I could incriminate myself to get lynched. Even if I woulf be outed and the Bad would try to kill me, the Good still has a shot at it.
If the Bad is dead, then I would claim the Good and that I know the other guy's the Ugly. If it works out then scum would want to kill me and the General, and if they try to kill me it would backfire.
All of this assuming no one counterclaims.

One more question: if the Good nks the Bad and the Bad tries to nk the Ugly at the same night, what happens?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2014, 05:25:42 am »

"I swear by my gun, I'm a union man. You got ears, you ought hear it. There's no mistaking this old yankee accent. Ask anyone: no true Delawarean would spy for the Confederation."

OK. Time to embrace old west action... I've played games with some of you before, but there looks to be quite a new crowd. The aim of today is obviously to lynch someone, but also to ensure we get the most information for future days. I want each of you then to have a justifiable reason for your lynch vote today. If you can't explain yourself, you're giving everyone else the rope to hang you with.

For those of you that don't know, I'm the resident Mafia Psephologist. I have so much faith in my methods, that even when I'm scum I'll willingly out my fellow scum using my metrics (see the last BYOR, for instance, or even way back with Mafia and Masons). Basically, I'll be keeping close track of what people do in terms of votes and claimed actions, as well as what they say. Some people (Tiruin) don't like this approach because pointing to the data and saying it makes someone looks scummy doesn't give people much to respond to. Is it unfair on the murder suspect to point to their grubby fingerprints on the murder weapon? If some of you young guns want to join me in my analytical questing, whip up a spreadsheet and start keeping track of each player's interactions with each other player.

A thing to bear in mind: we've got third parties in this game. Third parties don't stick their neck out for nobody, while both town and scum have an incentive to try to avoid at least some players being lynched for bad reasons. So I want all of you (well, all us unionists at any rate) to pay attention to lurkers and players going along with weak cases and, especially, lurkers with weak cases.

Alright, enough yabbering, let's hang 'em high.

Cheese
notquitethere: Someone has been lurking, and a couple other players have been going after them repeatedly. What's your take on the situation, and why?
Well, lurking is a crime against the game. Sometimes though, a player will say in advance that they can't be around as much and it's okay to cut them a bit of slack. I guess in this situation, I'd look to see whether the players are solely focusing on lurkers. This can be a sign of scum trying to appear proactive by go after people that won't chat back. Low hanging fruit and all that. Do you disagree? Are you planning to lurk?

Wolf
NQT: You have a great piece of information you want to share with the town, something that could tip the scales in the town's favor, but you are afraid that the mafia might mislead the town if you reveal this information and make the town lose.  What do you do?
It depends how I feel about the other players. In a typical game you'll have a bunch of players that are engaged, some lurkers and some players that are posting but not really paying attention. If I've got good accord with the other players and I feel I can explain thinks more cogently than scum, and most people are at least moderately attentive, then I'll say. Elsewise I might keep my mouth shut (at least until some of the more untrustworthy folk are dead). What's your take on the situation?

NQT: thanks for the playlist, by the way
My pleasure. I'm listening to it right now.

DarkStar
NQT: If you were the Ugly, when would you reveal what you are?
There's only very specific situations in which the Ugly should claim. If the Good is still alive, they don't want to claim even if if looks like they're about to be lynched as the Bad will just kill them come night time. If the Good is dead and they're playing effectively as town, they don't want to claim because they want to maximise the chance that the Confederates will target them at night. However, in LYLO they should claim if they're about to be lynched (and have prepared evidence throughout the game in favour of this claim) because if they allow themselves to be mislynched at LYLO then they'll lose town the game.

Solymr, Darkpaladin109
Do you think you have a sound grasp on the rules?

One more question: if the Good nks the Bad and the Bad tries to nk the Ugly at the same night, what happens?
I assume they both die.

Can we get confirmation of this Persus?

Tiruin — What's a good reason to lynch somebody today?

MyOwnWorstEnemy — What's a particularly telling scumtell in your eyes?

+!!scientist!!+ — As far as you understand it, what's the point of the random vote/random question phase?

Caz — Do you think it's important to think about the possible ramifications of what you say before you post?

Imperial Guardsman — Which is more suspicious: active-lurking or not voting?

Superblackcat —Do you think it's necessary to engage with everyone in the first day or do you think focusing on just a handful of players is enough?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2014, 07:01:51 am »

Imperial Guardsman: If you were the Union general, at what point would you reveal your role?
Imperial Guardsman — Which is more suspicious: active-lurking or not voting?
Imperial Guardsman: You are a generic Union trooper. Someone is pressing a case against you, but the points they are making aren't really adding up, but nobody seems to notice. What do you do, and why?
Imperial Guardsman: You are the Union General and have discovered the identity of what you believe is a confederate.  Do you attempt to get them lynched or wait and see, as they could be the good or the ugly.

If I were a Cop, I would out when I have an incriminating result on a scummy looking person.
And, from personal experience, active lurking is more suspicious.
If I were being pressed with a case with absurd points, I would CALL IT OUT.
Finally, if they were possibly Good or Ugly, I would wait. But if I see something that is remotely suspicious from them, BRING OUT THE NOOSE.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2014, 07:09:23 am »

4maskwolf-
Imperial Guardsman-
Mastahcheese-
TheDarkStar-
notquitethere-
Caz-
Superblackcat-
Darkpaladin109-
Solymr-
Tiruin-
MyOwnWorstEnemy-
+!!scientist!!+- Notquitethere
No Lynch-

Not Voting-Everyone except NQT

0 votes to Extend
0 votes to Shorten

Day 1 will end on February 24th at 11:00 PM EST.

Does the Wincon change for the third parties when they fail/complete their third party wincons?
Yes
After Good/Ugly win: they need to survive till the end.
Good/Ugly loses: Surviving member of the team gets the town Wincon
Bad Wins: He needs to survive until the end.
Bad loses: He's dead.

I assume they both die.

Can we get confirmation of this Persus?
You are correct.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2014, 07:57:51 am »

NQT:
Other than paradox cases, rules are pretty easy. It's the mindgames that are hard when you have no experience.
So, why are you voting for scientist?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2014, 08:02:08 am »

NQT:
Other than paradox cases, rules are pretty easy. It's the mindgames that are hard when you have no experience.
So, why are you voting for scientist?

It's a random pressure vote, intended to get people talking. It happens quite a bit at the beginning of Day 1.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2014, 08:05:09 am »

And a Question for you: You are the Union General, and after having some serious speculation about them, you inspect them, and they show as Union. Some other people are pressing on them. What do you do, and why?

If it's not MyLo or LyLo, I probably shouldn't reveal myself yet unless I know who two or more scum are, so I'll probably do what I can, but will have to leave them to die - the town almost loses for sure if the Union General dies early.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33