Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 87912 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 2)
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »

Also, my reads:
4maskwolf: me
IG: dead
MastahCheese: Neutral read, I can't find anything wrong with what he is doing, but something about the way he acts... I can't quite place a finger on it, but it makes me uncertain
TDS: dead
NQT: slight scum, just got placed on the naughty list for contradicting himself.  A brute force attack didn't make him crack, but he slipped up anyway.
Caz: I'm not sure.  Can't get a good read on her.
SBC: Slight town, due to interactions.  Has yet to set off any alarm bells.
DP: dunno.  SBC makes a good point, and he is acting the same way in BM.
Solymr: Moderate town due to lynch of IG
Tiruin: null read, excused low post content, seems to like large posts
MOWE: Town due to lynch of IG
Deathsword: Get in here.  I need more information, and you failed to address my accusations against you.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 03, 2014, 03:13:28 am »

Wolf
Congratulations, NQT, you are back on the suspicion list.  What you said there was was EXACTLY the opposite of what you said at day start, indicating that you are making this up as you go.
Like SBC, earlier in the game I was under the misapprehension that there were only two scum in the game (as that was the ratio before the 12th player joined). Also, we shouldn't require one another to hold on dogmatically to positions we really should have abandoned. As my understanding had changed, so my belief about what was most likely to have happened. Right now we don't have enough information to say with any great certainty why Dark Star is dead and as such our speculations will be just that: speculation.

I'll tabulate your latest reads along with SBC's. Now just waiting on Deathsword, Tiriun and perhaps most importantly Dark Paladin, who seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth.

Persus~ has Dark Pal been gone long enough to warrant a prod (or does it just feel like a long time to me)?

Caz
Not sure. How can the vote be retaliatory?
Your sole reason for voting for me was because I voted for you. It was just a retaliation.

I thought Ugly was nk immune?
I meant 'one of the Confederates' would be dead. The kill bounces back and kills the Confederate. It happens only once though.

Darkpaladin even wins out ahead of me of being the most useless player here. Would like at least one defensive post from him though. I still think he's 3rd party over scum.
Uh huh, and who is the most likely player to be scum in Caz's books?

MOWE
I saw that Cheese responded to your case. Do you buy his response?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 03, 2014, 07:17:58 am »

4maskwolf-
Mastahcheese-
notquitethere- Tiruin, Caz
Caz-
Superblackcat-
Darkpaladin109- notquitethere, Solymr, mastahcheese
Solymr-
Tiruin-
MyOwnWorstEnemy-
Deathsword- 4maskwolf
No Lynch-

Not Voting- SBC, Darkpaladin109, MOWE
4 votes to Extend
0 votes to Shorten

Day 2 has been extended to Tuesday March 4th, and will end at 11:00 PM EST

There are no more extensions available today.

I'll send a prod to DarkPaladin.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:11:54 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 03, 2014, 08:50:39 am »

Darkpaladin109- notquitethere, Solymr, mastahcheese

Kill the lurker, so pro.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 03, 2014, 09:02:08 am »

Caz , if you'd actually respond to people and put forward an alternative case, people might be inclined to take your perspective more seriously. Who should we lynch instead?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 03, 2014, 10:21:55 am »

4maskwolf- Deathsword
I'm not voting 4maskwolf. He's voting me.

4maskwolf, since you asked, I'll adress everything there is to in this quote:
Deathsword
You have yet to come through on the promised reads, which is slightly suspicious (though more likely just real life getting in the way).
Already handled.
However, if it was the scum team who was inactive last night, there are three possibilities: MOWE, you, and SBC.  MOWE is clear for lynching IG, so if that is the case we have our scumteam in a bag.
If it was the bad who was inactive, then you, SBC, or MOWE is the bad.  None of you are off the hook for it, but the chance of lynching the serial killer is decent.  This would point to a scumteam of new players, who wouldn't realize that TDS wasn't a big threat yet.  My guess is DP and a lurker, so a one thirds chance of lynching the SK plus a one thirds chance of lynching scum makes a two thirds chance that, under these conditions, your lynching would be beneficial to the town.
Or, either the scum or the bad chose not to kill. Scum is more likely, since there is no reason for the bad to choose not to kill. Remember that if the scum hit the ugly, the kill backfires. That could be sufficient reason not to kill. As an added note: D1 buses happen. Never write off someone as town because they lynched scum. IG was playing pretty bad (unfortunately, he always seems to play like that), anyone would've bussed him at that point.

Alright, reads. I'll repeat the ones included previously.

4maskwolf: leaning town, solid play.
Caz: third party, very passive.
Solymr: Scummy, voting someone for vague reasons without providing anything to back it up. Newbieness is murking it up a bit, but still scummy.
SBC, MOWE, mastahcheese, DP, Tiruin: Null.
NQT: Unsure, but I can't find anything truly scummy on him.

Alrighty then, I'll vote for darkpaladin because I'm pretty much sure he isn't town, and because I have my doubts about why would Caz act like that.
So I already adressed this in my earlier post, but something stuck out to me right now. You mention Caz and her behaviour. How does that relate to darkpaladin being town or not? As I said before, you provide no reasons for DP not being town. You just switch to him because he is an easier target than Caz?

You then provide this "case" on him:
DP:
Acting most suspicious from long time and still not posting much.
So, lurking basically? And what is this suspicious acting? Why not show it to us? Should we use our collective psychic powers to find out?

You are acting like newscum being advised by someone more experienced.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 03, 2014, 11:58:54 am »

Solymr and DarkPaladin109 have both requested replacements.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 03, 2014, 01:11:11 pm »

Solymr and DarkPaladin109 have both requested replacements.

psshhaw. people should follow through to the bitter end.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2014, 01:27:42 pm »

RL > mafia

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 03, 2014, 01:56:01 pm »

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2014, 02:07:31 pm »

SBC:
MOWE: mastahcheese played like this last game. Whenever he does attack someone, it turns into a tunnel like attack. He caught a very minor thing of Makeinu's, and tunneled him to death. He did not focus on multiple people last game, so I'm wondering why you ask this?
My suspicion lies in the fact that he's tunneling on a newbie and that his attacks seem scrambled. I know he was aggressive last time, but this seems different and more suspicious to me.

Although, upon rereading through some stuff, I'll Unvote. Mastahcheese continues to go after Solymr, even though that's my main issue with him. I think mastahcheese is actually convinced Solymr is scum. I personally don't see it, but maybe I'm wrong.

So yes, NQT. I believe mastahcheese's response.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 03, 2014, 05:00:18 pm »

I only requested a replacement since I don't think I'm doing an adequate job with my current role.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 03, 2014, 05:26:08 pm »

unvote, will get post ~8 hours from now.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2014, 05:31:46 pm »

I only requested a replacement since I don't think I'm doing an adequate job with my current role.
Uh... are you aware of what you seem to be implying here?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 03, 2014, 06:27:56 pm »

Deathsword: Have you seen that it is almost nigh impossible for Solymr and MOWE to be scum? Due to yesterdays vote standings?

mastahcheese: Why are you voting Darkpaladin other than he is nooby?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33