Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 87907 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 2)
« Reply #345 on: March 03, 2014, 10:20:16 pm »

His current play seems to point at he has some sort of role. AKA not vanilla. His suspicion seems show a role that seems 'bad'. He doesn't seem like scum, because if he was, he'd have scum buddies helping him, and he wouldn't be showing so much scummy play. My conclusion is that he's a third party, Bad, because first of all. Bad sounds bad, thus the pressure, he's alone, thus not sure what to do.
Sans the speculation, that could speak about any such thing in Dark's attitude and not necessarily a role. Though yeah, upon re-reading it for a couple of times + tea, I could see that it could also pertain to him being able to do an ability...though it doesn't feel like that given the wording. His 'adequate job with my current role' speaks more along a generalism on how he values his own role.

Though I really can't get what you mean here. His play is...bad. Therefore, "Bad" because of the similarity in the word?

Also why would scum buddies help him in that context? The
and he wouldn't be showing so much scummy play.
does help push an either third-party/Town note, I agree. But how would they help there?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 03, 2014, 10:22:26 pm »

His current play seems to point at he has some sort of role. AKA not vanilla. His suspicion seems show a role that seems 'bad'. He doesn't seem like scum, because if he was, he'd have scum buddies helping him, and he wouldn't be showing so much scummy play. My conclusion is that he's a third party, Bad, because first of all. Bad sounds bad, thus the pressure, he's alone, thus not sure what to do.
Sans the speculation, that could speak about any such thing in Dark's attitude and not necessarily a role. Though yeah, upon re-reading it for a couple of times + tea, I could see that it could also pertain to him being able to do an ability...though it doesn't feel like that given the wording. His 'adequate job with my current role' speaks more along a generalism on how he values his own role.

Though I really can't get what you mean here. His play is...bad. Therefore, "Bad" because of the similarity in the word?

does help push an either third-party/Town note, I agree. But how would they help there?
My view on this, Tiruin, is fairly similar to that of SBC.  He has said precious little throughout the game except things about being scared and trying to avoid attention.  I don't think it is impossible that he is scum, but if he is, then it is likely that his scumbuddy is a lurker.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 03, 2014, 10:39:11 pm »

Time to pop up my search: I'd agree on his behavior...
Though he did state that he hasn't played an actual game yet and that this is his first game.[2]
Now let's check his pertinent posts sans faux-raeg at editing: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
Now: darkpaladin109

At #1 in that list: Why do you expect such a game to be 'chaotic'? What did you exactly mean by remaining 'cautious and hidden'? Because by recent judgement--that also pertains to active lurking and not posting. Not giving content or as much content that it would be trivial.
#3 = safety. However do note that Townies in any situation should discard that safety blanket and rely on their comrades-in-arms: you do not need to live to win, and if you live you need to act on the moral right of the Townie: Communication. If I am right in my judgement, this means that your play as 'cautious and hidden' SHOULD equal a cautious approach in this game, rather than active lurking, yes?
#4 points to the great time of Forum Database Down. The FDD happened to everyone, and is not an excuse for lacking content.

Do note: You will be eaten alive if you continue this way. Mafia is about communication, in all their forms. Forum, IRC or Reality.
#6: I'd like to advance this note: What made you guess that said person 'could have been town' compared to quite anything else? Of that note, you haven't addressed quite well anyone thus far-and, it would be said, that this is conducive as a detriment to any kind of role you hold.

Regarding replacements: As long as none have been announced by the moderator, you are still playing and it is imperative that you answer those questioned positioned towards you.

4mask

My view on this, Tiruin, is fairly similar to that of SBC.  He has said precious little throughout the game except things about being scared and trying to avoid attention.  I don't think it is impossible that he is scum, but if he is, then it is likely that his scumbuddy is a lurker.
Really? How?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 03, 2014, 10:40:59 pm »

Oh, and @darkpaladin: Could I inquire on your reads and list of suspects?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 03, 2014, 10:45:04 pm »

Caz:
I only requested a replacement since I don't think I'm doing an adequate job with my current role.
Uh... are you aware of what you seem to be implying here?

If he's cop we're all screwed lol
Which is precisely why I'm not voting him. I'm not entirely sure this is a claim. And if it is, he might actually be Union. If we are all screwed if he's a cop, why aren't you taking this a bit more seriously?

Tiruin:
What.
I only requested a replacement since I don't think I'm doing an adequate job with my current role.
Uh... are you aware of what you seem to be implying here?

If he's cop we're all screwed lol
Eh? It could be taken any which way (other than the superficial implication) like, vanilla. I'm doing bad at my current role in being vanilla.
Unless y'all see something like a cue in that statement that I don't. Please enlighten.
He said "role." He's implying that he's not doing very well in his "role." I was asking if he knew how people could take it since "role" can be taken to mean he's a cop or the like. Personally, I'm not sure whether or not he's throwing out a hint that he actually has a role aside from being town or if he's just saying he doesn't think he's doing very well in general. I'm just pointing it out because that's not something he wants to blurt out because people might assume he's claiming, like people are doing now.

Also, you quoted me once without asking/saying anything. Are you just trying to get me to rethink things or something?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 03, 2014, 10:49:01 pm »

I believe that his scumpartner is missing if he is scum because any scumpartner would have been more experienced than he was, barring Solymr, and would not have gone with the kill of TDS in all likelyhood.  I have evidence, should I need to bring it out, that Paladin was not only online, he was on the mafia subforum during night one.  Any scumpartner probably would have advised against that nk and tried to get him to play more, neither of which happened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 03, 2014, 10:50:21 pm »

Also, you quoted me once without asking/saying anything. Are you just trying to get me to rethink things or something?
Oops! :X Nope! It was a formatting error. My stuffs with multiple tabs and such--no, I find nothing worth questioning there.

I believe that his scumpartner is missing if he is scum because any scumpartner would have been more experienced than he was, barring Solymr, and would not have gone with the kill of TDS in all likelyhood.  I have evidence, should I need to bring it out, that Paladin was not only online, he was on the mafia subforum during night one.  Any scumpartner probably would have advised against that nk and tried to get him to play more, neither of which happened.
...Why? @bolded part

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 03, 2014, 10:57:15 pm »

Oops! :X Nope! It was a formatting error. My stuffs with multiple tabs and such--no, I find nothing worth questioning there.

...Why? @bolded part
Part one: all of us, except Solymr, have at least one game under our belts.
Part two: we have extensively exhausted in discussion the reason why the TDS kill was a subpar kill if performed by mafia.  We being NQT and a few others.  Unless you are suggesting that the scum is trying to WIFOM us.  Is that what you mean?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 03, 2014, 11:08:13 pm »

Checking back, said discussion on why its a subpar kill...isn't that visible here. Since you say NQT and the rest, I don't see quite where any such declaration of statements exist with the person named here. NQT did name a note (search: "My analysis is thus")
though I question the entire notion: How is it that you are able to specify which faction did what when all we have to work with is one kill out of the worst-case 3?

Though, if I was influenced by seeing that as DP's note, it does make sense on how he...panicked regarding his editing stuff. Subconscious bias due to what role he perceives as bad, maybe?
Speculation aside:
[...]extensively exhausted in discussion the reason why the TDS kill was a subpar kill if performed by mafia.[...]
does not appear to be a standing fact.
My standings are the same with MOWE here when I speculate its an either/or Bad/Scum kill.

What makes you so sure about the judgement of that kill, again? I may have missed it. Link me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 03, 2014, 11:13:17 pm »

Checking back, said discussion on why its a subpar kill...isn't that visible here. Since you say NQT and the rest, I don't see quite where any such declaration of statements exist with the person named here. NQT did name a note (search: "My analysis is thus")
though I question the entire notion: How is it that you are able to specify which faction did what when all we have to work with is one kill out of the worst-case 3?

Though, if I was influenced by seeing that as DP's note, it does make sense on how he...panicked regarding his editing stuff. Subconscious bias due to what role he perceives as bad, maybe?
Speculation aside:
[...]extensively exhausted in discussion the reason why the TDS kill was a subpar kill if performed by mafia.[...]
does not appear to be a standing fact.
My standings are the same with MOWE here when I speculate its an either/or Bad/Scum kill.

What makes you so sure about the judgement of that kill, again? I may have missed it. Link me.
Urgh... I hate looking for things in old posts.
I was merely presenting it as one possible option, if you read the post I made that triggered this cascade.  I have no idea who made the kill, as I have posted in the past.  The entire point of the post was to add possibilities to the list of possibilities.  I'll give you links if I remember to in the morning, but right now I'm too damn tired to type.
I didn't expect some kind of Spanish Inquisition!  :D
Bonus points if anyone gets the reference.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 03, 2014, 11:15:19 pm »

Oh right!
MOWE: The source [pertaining to why I call you Mehve] was my studies in languages. Take a note! ^ ^
Also Nausicaa. <3

In regard to my post above, I read everything beforehand and I can't see any 'extensive discussion' which concludes one matter over another in regard to the kill. 4mask I now recall that you missed that point in question back there.

PPE: Blah.
MONTY PYTHON. D:<
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 03, 2014, 11:16:03 pm »

I'm against voting DarkPaladin. If he is indeed Bad, he would be very helpful to town as a Vigilante.

Hoping a replacement comes for DarkPaladin.

Also Tiruin, He playes like he is guilty, and the most guilty seeming thing other than scum is bad. That's what I mean.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 03, 2014, 11:17:12 pm »

I'm against voting DarkPaladin. If he is indeed Bad, he would be very helpful to town as a Vigilante.

Also Tiruin, He playes like he is guilty, and the most guilty seeming thing other than scum is bad. That's what I mean.
I was under the impression that the bad did not town side when he died.

If that is the case, Unvote DP109.  A vigilante is too useful to give up at this stage.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 03, 2014, 11:17:58 pm »

Wat.
And if he indeed isn't? How could you be so sure on that note? (Also...HELPFUL to town as a Vigilante? Expound, sir)
...? Where guilty?

I was under the impression that the bad did not town side when he died.

If that is the case, Unvote DP109.  A vigilante is too useful to give up at this stage.
So you guys believe he's a vigilante over anything else (hint: SCUM) because...why now?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 03, 2014, 11:20:20 pm »

"When a third party wins or loses, and are still alive, they remain in the game, but with the Union win condition."

I've never thought DP was scum. He seemed just like a noob. But now his play is really scummy, but not scum. (To quote IMP). He seems to be afraid. Also, if he had an Mafia partner, then he would be able to play a lot better. That's why I believe DP isn't mafia.

Seems like Bad right now. That's my conclusion.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33