Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 86643 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)
« Reply #465 on: March 09, 2014, 04:31:56 pm »

That's what happens when there's 3 NKs and none of them are town.
I don't get spring break until later :I university works different.
@MOWE: biotechnology here. Math, physics, chemistry, biology, I do everything! Maybe I can help you with some leettle thingys.
If we're griping about school, my spring break doesn't happen for another two weeks, and in the meantime I have to work up the not-laziness to do a 15 page essay.

On the bright side, chem is easy for me.  So I guess you have a bunch of people who could help out if necessary.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 09, 2014, 04:37:50 pm »

Thing about university is that I get a lot of free time when I don't get a shitload of work. And stress.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 09, 2014, 04:39:13 pm »

Thing about university is that I get a lot of free time when I don't get a shitload of work. And stress.
Yeah, high school is just a shitload of work all of the time.  Particularly second semester.

Ah well.  I get to go to college in two years.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 09, 2014, 04:41:15 pm »

If you're still two years from college you have no idea what a shitload of work is. Last year of high school is the WORST. Not even college gets this bad.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 09, 2014, 04:43:31 pm »

If you're still two years from college you have no idea what a shitload of work is. Last year of high school is the WORST. Not even college gets this bad.
That's what I've heard.  On the bright side, I'm taking a ton of easy (read: math and comp sci) classes next year, so I should be able to avoid the brunt of the high school work...

College apps, on the other hand...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 09, 2014, 07:44:35 pm »

...It seemed like a fun year for me--not the people though.
College does get this bad. Have you ever stayed up the whole night just for schoolwork? Quiz every otherday (meaning Everyday on different subjects) along with 'You should know this in [this set of time] or else you fail the quiz [and are assumed to not know it because grades AHAHA].

That's college (or at least pre-med 2nd year onwards in MedTech) for you. That's my life.

That's what I've heard.  On the bright side, I'm taking a ton of easy (read: math and comp sci) classes next year, so I should be able to avoid the brunt of the high school work...

College apps, on the other hand...
One point I'd like to forward:
GET YOUR LEARNING HABITS STRAIGHT. While rote learning sucks and is somehow forwarded by most educational systems (I love Finland and why can't we emulate them), its in seeing the essence of what you're learning to get it done with.
Though I never found a use for calculus in my life, even in doing engineering puzzles or exercises. While measuring streets and angles to that spooky tree next to my house is fun when bored, I can't find a use of it (other than posterity and preserving what the ancients created, 'tis fun, but not where I would've spent my time learning. History, however, is fun.)

...I'm rambling again. *zips!*

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 09, 2014, 08:00:23 pm »

Caz:
What convinced you that I was scum?

Bad feel. You were hunting like NQT and mastahcheese, but.. idk, can't put a word on it. Could have been chance as anything.

Good game all, sorry I wasn't actually useful in the days that counted.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 09, 2014, 08:02:16 pm »

Oh no. Freshman year is horrible for me! Partially because my high school did NOT prepare me for college. I almost never had to study in high school. So coming into college, I have no idea how to study. In college, you don't have people holding your hand every step of the way. It's a freedom some people don't know how to cope with. Like me. I procrastinate like hell. I wrote a seven page paper the night before it was due. I wrote speeches I had to perform in class literally right before class started. No one told me this would be an issue, so it kinda hit me hard. If you're not having trouble with it, please share the secrets you have discovered so that I may not give myself a heart attack before I even become a sophomore.

So yeah. You'll want to get into good study habits and rehearse good time management skills, 4maskwolf. Save yourself some pain and agony.

And thanks everyone! If I have any issues with chem, I'll be sure to ask.

Edit: I understand MOWE's pain. Finals and all that. >.>

It's not even finals for me yet. It's just midterm. The main problem is that two of my three exams were in chemistry. And I hate chemistry. I could go on for hours about it...

Organic/Inorganic/Experimental? Because darn was the last one...too technical. u.u

SO about Biology, need help? :3

It's just general chemistry actually. It's just that my professor moves way to fast and there's so much stuff going on... Maybe it won't be so bad for me once we get into more specific things. I dunno.

And thank you for the offer, but the biology I have under control. I love it! And call me crazy, but I love calculus as well.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 09, 2014, 08:14:02 pm »

Oh no. Freshman year is horrible for me! Partially because my high school did NOT prepare me for college. I almost never had to study in high school. So coming into college, I have no idea how to study. In college, you don't have people holding your hand every step of the way. It's a freedom some people don't know how to cope with. Like me. I procrastinate like hell. I wrote a seven page paper the night before it was due. I wrote speeches I had to perform in class literally right before class started. No one told me this would be an issue, so it kinda hit me hard. If you're not having trouble with it, please share the secrets you have discovered so that I may not give myself a heart attack before I even become a sophomore.

So yeah. You'll want to get into good study habits and rehearse good time management skills, 4maskwolf. Save yourself some pain and agony.

And thanks everyone! If I have any issues with chem, I'll be sure to ask.

Edit: I understand MOWE's pain. Finals and all that. >.>

It's not even finals for me yet. It's just midterm. The main problem is that two of my three exams were in chemistry. And I hate chemistry. I could go on for hours about it...

Organic/Inorganic/Experimental? Because darn was the last one...too technical. u.u

SO about Biology, need help? :3

It's just general chemistry actually. It's just that my professor moves way to fast and there's so much stuff going on... Maybe it won't be so bad for me once we get into more specific things. I dunno.

And thank you for the offer, but the biology I have under control. I love it! And call me crazy, but I love calculus as well.
Freshie year is that generalsubject year which somehow is like a repeat of HS to get you in-tone for college (not that most subjects here are Major for your course [Major = term used for subjects which are REQUIRED for your course//Minor = term for subjects which 'are advised to take which you should because they help or are related to the subject']
I almost never had to study in high school.
*high-five* x3
Yeah. Weird thing is, passing is easy there. College is where the big guns roll! >:D
In college, you don't have people holding your hand every step of the way.
College. The Big World.
It actually shows how reality goes (yeah, I discovered you don't HAVE to ask the teacher for permission to go to the comfort room [or whatever you call the place with the toilet and sink, which I found out is not the general term for such an area. Bathroom?] but just to say that you're going there).
Hence why I like Finland's education. They're hands-on, preparing for Reality.

I procrastinate like hell.
I went through hell and came back! :D
You can too. Just don't procrastinate. ^ ^
Yeah it's hard, but first steps are usually just as hard (and the psychological factor of 'being used to', or coloquially called the 'safety zone/box/comfort zone': being used to procrastinating, that is) is also another part. Bonus thing is: It's purely psychological.

I wrote a seven page paper the night before it was due. I wrote speeches I had to perform in class literally right before class started. No one told me this would be an issue, so it kinda hit me hard. If you're not having trouble with it, please share the secrets you have discovered so that I may not give myself a heart attack before I even become a sophomore.
Learn from thy mistakes, ma'am! ^ ^
Yeah that's what I also discovered. Shame on our educational system in that situation (training before did not prepare for now).

Note to all those who plan to aim for college or whatever like that:
Every. I mean EVERY person in college repeats this as the 'law' there.
Manage yourself, discard the...extra baggage.

Oh its not the calculus I hated, I LOVED it. I hated the professor because he kept on throwing green jokes around and picking on me because I 'talk to myself' a lot (meaning: I whisper to myself, auditory learning, thinking out loud, AND I GET CALLED OUT AND MADE FUN OF BECAUSE OF IT.)
Also, General Chemistry? Mmm, fun :3
Try to read in advance or find ways on how to understand it. It's easy when you get the hang of it (nomenclatures~ how do they work?) and when you get into the advanced stuff?
More fun.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 09, 2014, 08:56:43 pm »

Oh its not the calculus I hated, I LOVED it. I hated the professor because he kept on throwing green jokes around and picking on me because I 'talk to myself' a lot (meaning: I whisper to myself, auditory learning, thinking out loud, AND I GET CALLED OUT AND MADE FUN OF BECAUSE OF IT.)
Ick. Sounds like a shitty professor. I would love to know how those a-holes get jobs teaching people.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 09, 2014, 09:48:14 pm »

On-topic: I thought the game went well. I was surprised that the third parties didn't come into contact with each other much or at all in play.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 09, 2014, 09:51:44 pm »

On-topic: I thought the game went well. I was surprised that the third parties didn't come into contact with each other much or at all in play.

I think their wincon could be edited a bit... the game was effectively 5 town, 3 scum and 3 survivors that could choose their side. Imo needs balancing, but that night when 4 town died was just killer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 09, 2014, 09:54:53 pm »

6 town, technically.  But yes, the number of town-targeted nk's that night was... a lot.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 09, 2014, 09:57:22 pm »

6 town, technically.  But yes, the number of town-targeted nk's that night was... a lot.
Yeah, especially since two were trying to take out third parties.

Well, SBC killed Solymr to be sure he wasn't a baddie. NQT thought Caz was the Bad.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 09, 2014, 10:14:38 pm »

NQT thought Caz was the Bad.
Just bad at playing :P
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33