Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 1: IC Thread  (Read 8523 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Noble Emblem 1: IC Thread
« on: February 14, 2014, 07:08:25 am »

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 1: IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 07:38:46 am »

~~Prologue: Fields of Blood~~

The party of William of Selesse was slowly approaching the small Aquila Forest. It is where he is going to meet his future bride, the young Sophie of Carden, and her entourage, before the two would travel together to the capital for the blessings from the King...

The birds were chirping happily and the autumn sun provided much warmth; it was going to be very pleasant autumn this year. Even this late in the year, trees were still green, while heather and berry bushes adorned the roadsides with plenty of colours.

"Quite lovely place, it is. A nice place for a dinner under the sky."

"Arthur, we're not here for a happy time meal. I just want to meet with Sophie and... get over this."

The falconer shrugged and the group continued in silence, the mercenaries placed between the lord and the falconer in front, and the guards in the back. William promised them five thousand coins if they assist him all the way to the capital and back. This was just the first step...

William stopped for a moment and turned to the wyvern rider, who kept his mount on the ground, the mighty beast lazily walking alongside the armed entourage.

"O'Connor, could you fly up and north? Take a look at the crossroads if Sophie's carriage is waiting there or maybe anywhere close. Just don't fly too close, I wouldn't want to see your wyvern shot by accident."

//Hix, Valeria, Caleb Roegh, Coleen Gray, O'Connor and Tamil Banal are in!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 07:41:49 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 10:06:04 am »

"Sure. You did hire us to help you out in this endeavor of yours, sir."
Fly towards the crossroads, if that needs to be said.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:32:56 am by darkpaladin109 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 11:29:39 am »

Strolling alongside the party, a young man who looks remarkably loose. His stance is loose-so are his pursestraps, his sheath and his shoestrings. With morbid interest, one is compelled to wait and watch for something to fall off, or for him to run into a tree.

He speaks to the woman beside him in a carrying voice-in the middle of a long, somewhat rambling conversation, gesturing his hands as he goes, seemingly oblivious to the world around him. He has a wide, friendly smile-as if there is no place he'd rather be than right there.

"...well, Coleen, the Witches were the sort to take the phrase 'I'll give you the clothes right off my back', quite seriously..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 11:51:26 am »

@O'Connor:

It took few seconds of flight to be close enough to see the crossroads.

The carriage was laying sideways and a young woman was struggling against some men holding her, and more were busy dragging some things toward bushes.

@Valeria:

The falconer moved closer to certain dancer lady.

"Valeria... mind telling me that story about the moon and the princess again? I... seem to have missed some details yesterday's evening."
SigFlags!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 12:20:06 pm »

The falconer moved closer to certain dancer lady.

"Valeria... mind telling me that story about the moon and the princess again? I... seem to have missed some details yesterday's evening."

Valeria suddenly looks up, slightly startled.

"Oh, sorry. You surprised me. Are you sure you want to hear the story right now? Shouldn't we be keeping an eye out for bandits?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 12:33:42 pm »

Coleen walked with an easy gait, a book in her hand and three pouches hanging from her belt on the left side. Her companion was taller than her and so she was constantly switching from keeping her eyes on the road ahead to looking up and to her left at him as she listened to his stories and occasionally interjected with questions or what she assumed were witty comments.

"Too bad they didn't say the same about their books of magic. I would've liked to see what sort of things they cooked up."

(Also Hasp, I was looking at Coleen's sheet. Her AS should be 6+2 'cause she's using a Wind tome :P) running out of keys for autohotkey aarrrghh
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 01:23:30 pm »

//Noted and fixed.

@Valeria:

Arthur looked to the left, to the right, and shrugged with a smile.

"No bandits in sight."
SigFlags!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 01:41:32 pm »

O'Connor flied  back, reporting the sighting to his employer.

"Sir, the carriage was toppled over. A woman was captured by the bandits that did the deed, I presume."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 01:43:07 pm »

Arthur looked to the left, to the right, and shrugged with a smile.

"No bandits in sight."

Valeria runs her hand down her ponytail.

"Ah, well... What do you want to know about the story? Or should I start from the top?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 01:46:12 pm »

@Valeria:

"Oh, start from the beginning. From the first night she wanted to get to the moon." A sly grin appeared on the huntsman's face.
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 01:53:10 pm »

Coleen turned her attention to O'Connor when he spoke, then to the noble they were walking with.

"Oh. Maybe we should hurry, Prince William?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 02:31:22 pm »

@Valeria:

"Oh, start from the beginning. From the first night she wanted to get to the moon." A sly grin appeared on the huntsman's face.

"Ah, well, I'm not much of a story-teller, but I shall do my best." Valeria clears her throat. "One day there was a princess, who all said that was the most beautiful person in the entire world. And every day suitors from far and wide would arrive at her castle, asking for her hand in marriage. But she never accepted the hand of any of them, for she judged them too be too ugly to be her husband. Then one night, as she was taking a walk through her gardens, she happened to look up at the full moon. And on its face she thought she saw that of a young man, and she was captivated by his beauty and radiance. Then and there decided that she wanted to marry this person. And, ah..." Valeria loses her place and looks off into the distance.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 03:26:58 pm »

Coleen walked with an easy gait, a book in her hand and three pouches hanging from her belt on the left side. Her companion was taller than her and so she was constantly switching from keeping her eyes on the road ahead to looking up and to her left at him as she listened to his stories and occasionally interjected with questions or what she assumed were witty comments.

"Too bad they didn't say the same about their books of magic. I would've liked to see what sort of things they cooked up."

"I did try one of their 'magic potions'-they said afterwards it was a potion of forgetfulness, and they were right-I still can't exactly remember where all my money went...or why I tried it in the first place..."

Coleen turned her attention to O'Connor when he spoke, then to the noble they were walking with.

"Oh. Maybe we should hurry, Prince William?"

Tamil raised a hand from aside (and slightly above) Coleen, as if asking to be called upon to speak.

"I concur! We can't lose the princess before we've even met her! That's...highly unprofessional..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 03:32:50 pm »

"A potion of forgetfulness, you say? I can see that being useful."

Coleen smiled to herself. Getting paid, proposing a drink to a successful job with the employer, then drugging his wine and getting paid again would be quite nice. She didn't see herself getting that kind of luck in her future, though.

"Tamil's right. We don't have any time to spare!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9