Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135]

Author Topic: kingdoms: web-based RPG  (Read 124333 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: kingdoms: web-based RPG
« Reply #2010 on: February 14, 2015, 07:21:41 am »

Found a short sword of Watcher, one cast a day. Score!

Went out on a limb and raided a L3 dungeon. So far, having more fun than I have for a while - sweet loot and challenging fights.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:25:57 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: February 14, 2015, 04:32:04 pm »

Ok, it's about time to launch the kingdom, the name thread helped out with some ideas.

Top three votes were for:

Empire of the Twelth Bay
Slaves to Armok
Granitebeard

Others with 4+ votes were:

The Benevolent Toad
Tantruming Spiral
Stoneshield
Steelhold

My money is on Slaves to Armok, what do you guys think?

jellyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: February 14, 2015, 04:45:07 pm »

Boulder Keep (76,98) is mine.  Was able to take the garrison on pretty much full auto target as there were no elite guards.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: February 14, 2015, 04:58:51 pm »

From the main three, I prefer Slaves to Armok too (can we word it so that it sounds like "Kingdom of The Slaves to Armok"). Otherwise, I would vote for The Tantruming Spiral, but I'm biased because that one was my idea.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: February 14, 2015, 07:06:43 pm »

Just started playing this today. This may be a dumb question -- I apologise in advance -- but I've scoured the in-game Help, looked all over the Party and Character screens, searched this topic, and even Googled for it... and I cannot find anything explaining how to move characters between the front or back ranks. There's a lot of chatter about putting certain characters in certain ranks, but no mention of how to actually do this, so it must be really obvious and I'm just not seeing it. :/
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: February 14, 2015, 07:10:36 pm »

Just started playing this today. This may be a dumb question -- I apologise in advance -- but I've scoured the in-game Help, looked all over the Party and Character screens, searched this topic, and even Googled for it... and I cannot find anything explaining how to move characters between the front or back ranks. There's a lot of chatter about putting certain characters in certain ranks, but no mention of how to actually do this, so it must be really obvious and I'm just not seeing it. :/

Click and drag their portraits to reorder them. You can click/drag the divider too.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: February 14, 2015, 07:21:29 pm »

I knew it would be something simple. Thanks Reelya. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: February 14, 2015, 07:21:41 pm »

bump - the kingdom The Slaves of Armok has been created. Please sign up asap, and set your cities / garrisons to claiming land.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: February 14, 2015, 08:01:50 pm »

Done! We shall fill the map of blue!

Also, we have to prevent strike from other players and rally them against the big red

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: February 14, 2015, 09:01:42 pm »

Obligatory link to new thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148512.0

The OP there can be updated later with any kingdom-related links, the second post should cover all important aspects of creating characters, upgrading skills and how to get a garrison/castle/city. I left out combat-specific stuff so it's not too overloading with info.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: May 09, 2015, 03:50:09 pm »

I'm thinking of jumping on the bandwagon.
How do you pass items between party members?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: May 09, 2015, 04:53:45 pm »

See the new thread for updated details. I stuck all the "how to" stuff I know about in the first couple of posts. Although I might update it now. There are a couple of new tips I could add there.

To pass items around, right-click on the item and a context menu appears. Just be aware there are bugs. If you pass the mouse over other items while selecting who to give to, it updates the used item, even if that new item is behind the menu. This can get really annoying if you have to swap a lot of items around. The workaround is to right-click to get the menu up and then use the keyboard cursors to select the recipient.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135]