Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 180

Author Topic: Twitch plays pokemon!  (Read 188758 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Twitch plays pokemon!
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2014, 11:15:09 am »

Democracy works better, but it's not as funny :v
Also the vote takes far too long, it should be like half a second or something.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 18, 2014, 11:24:14 am »

I got to witness (and participate in) them finally making it through the damn maze. Hopefully they can get the lift key now... I don't remember how it goes from here.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2014, 11:32:38 am »

Also the vote takes far too long, it should be like half a second or something.

I think it was made that long so that the buffer is able to clear so that previous decisions don't mess up the voted actions, and possibly so that (insert buttion)9 actions have time to complete.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 18, 2014, 11:35:41 am »

Best laid plans...
So they've abandoned giving paths and just cut the map into chunks now?

Also, what new system is it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2014, 11:38:58 am »

Also, what new system is it?

To things were added:
chaining of button presses through: <button># for repetiton, and <button><button> for chained actions
and Anarchy (old input) - Democracy (action is most selected input), which is able to be changed through a vote for anarchy or democracy.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2014, 11:49:25 am »

...at least they got the lift key before using DIG this time.  ::)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2014, 11:55:53 am »

I'm way more bummed out about the democracy change than I probably should be.

I personally felt like they had a pretty good shot at beating the game in the original format, but now we'll never know, because all the tricky parts will be handled by the easier format.

They changed the grand experiment halfway through, so now the original question will never be answered.  :(

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2014, 12:05:50 pm »

Honestly, I really like the voting change, for two reasons.

First, we are actually making progress! I'm not going to lie, the thought of spending 24+ hours navigating the ledge leading to Victory Road... and doing it again every time we blacked out... would've been enough to drive me from the stream.

Second, and more importantly: trolls and bots have moved from spamming 'start' or bad movement commands to spamming 'anarchy'. After all, their negative commands aren't worth anything in democracy, so they're spending all their time making sure we stay anarchic. Which is great for the rest of us!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2014, 12:11:00 pm »

That's not the best example, but the chunk maps were supposed to attempt to account for the lag, so that if you started spamming a labeled button while ash was in that labeled chunk then it would ideally end up going through once it needed to and by then you'd have a new button to spam. Also it sort of admitted that there would always be people not following the plan, so a single line path was never going to happen in anarchy mode.

As for the voting, yeah, it's slower, and less silly, but we'd been in the game corner for over 24 hours now. A little bit of slow movement was worth it to get through that place. 20 seconds, I figure, is the absolute minimum. half a second wouldn't make it any better than anarchy mode, 20 seconds at least gives the needed input a chance over the leftover spam from the last input.

Yeah, it's a change in the experiment midway through, which is bad form, but I feel like it was a needed change. It's not as if there's a fail state with this game, at least not one we should easily reach. And running the experiment over and over again until you found out exactly what you could manage with what methods wouldn't be easy considering you're depending upon the will of a huge group to go along with you.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 18, 2014, 12:45:40 pm »

Bwahaha, they dug themselves out right at the locked doors to the elevator.

EDIT: Ruby is now also up for madness.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:50:44 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 18, 2014, 01:05:00 pm »

spam of start9...why did they give the trolls even more ammo? ::)
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 18, 2014, 01:11:37 pm »

I saw the party isn't full. Are they dragging Red towards lapras then?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 18, 2014, 01:13:40 pm »

spam of start9...why did they give the trolls even more ammo? ::)

start8 is where it's at, start9 doesn't even work now

seriously this whole goddamn stream has turned into ANARCHY and DEMOCRACY spam even less gets done than got done when it was pure anarchy ugh

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 18, 2014, 01:16:28 pm »

Yeah, pretty much.
1. Vote to democracy
2. start9 start9 start9
3. Vote to anarchy
4. Repeat

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 18, 2014, 01:19:31 pm »

you know, you could potentially stack it up like start8down2start8up2 but who's got the organization for that vOv
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 180