Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 180

Author Topic: Twitch plays pokemon!  (Read 186920 times)

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
Re: Twitch plays pokemon!
« Reply #375 on: February 19, 2014, 01:59:53 am »

Now I want to see Twitch VS The Cyberdemon.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 19, 2014, 02:17:37 am »

Now I want to see Twitch VS The Cyberdemon.

*picks up rocket launcher*
*fire it into the wall!*
*die*
*respawn*

(repeat)

Can you imagine some of the Doom II levels? Thinking of the one that had tiny 1-pixel walkways over the colossal slime pit....
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 19, 2014, 02:20:58 am »

Twitch Vs Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup would be interesting. For a day or two. A week of deaths would get boring. The reason pokemon works is because you can actually advance, with enough force...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 19, 2014, 02:22:48 am »

We don't have any pokeballs correct?
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 19, 2014, 02:23:00 am »

Yeah, like someone mentioned, it has to not only be a game that you can't lose in... but controlled via simple controls like the d-pad + a b start.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 19, 2014, 02:24:33 am »

Hey, the Dig Rat used Dig at the correct time for a change!

So, ah, time for Lavender Tower. We are aware that only the Dig Rat and Drowzee can actually hit ghosts, right?

We don't have any pokeballs correct?

I hope not. If we keep an empty slot in our party, we can get an easy Lapras (aka Surf slave) without having to visit the dreaded PC again. That said, the stream's been surprisingly effective with their Pokeballs. Contrast to the RNG stream, which never caught a single Pokemon, TPP has caught 6 different mons.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 19, 2014, 02:26:14 am »

Someone needs to make a pseudo-random number generator based on the input of this stream. :P

Just had a horrifying thought. What if, in some alternate universe, the main character is just some poor kid possessed by a legion of voices ordering him to move around (and maybe traumatize him so bad, he can't speak)? Exorcists would be hired to find a power button to all the voices, even if it means contributing to the voices to assist or hinder the goal of the voices (whatever it takes to ease the poor kid's pain efficiently and painlessly)?

*shudder* We are the demons possessing this poor soul.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2014, 02:35:04 am »

Yeah, like someone mentioned, it has to not only be a game that you can't lose in... but controlled via simple controls like the d-pad + a b start.
Well that is several NES or Gameboy games... Can't think of any that would be as good as the Pokemons, but I'm sure there are some.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2014, 02:46:20 am »

Well that is several NES or Gameboy games... Can't think of any that would be as good as the Pokemons, but I'm sure there are some.
Dragon Quest Monsters, perhaps.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 19, 2014, 02:49:47 am »

Uh-oh, rival battle imminent.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 19, 2014, 02:56:02 am »

Welp, Drowzee's down. Even if we win this fight, we'll have to go heal again.

Still not sure what chance we stand against the ghosts. But hey, maybe this is Drowzee's turn to shine!

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 19, 2014, 02:58:56 am »

ptw
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 19, 2014, 03:14:49 am »

Just took a look and they just lost their final pokémon to a trainer's ghastly. I foresee them beating the elite four in about a month's time when most people are bored of this and a few of them can co-ordinate enough to get the job done.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2014, 03:25:01 am »

Just took a look and they just lost their final pokémon to a trainer's ghastly. I foresee them beating the elite four in about a month's time when most people are bored of this and a few of them can co-ordinate enough to get the job done.

I like how optimistic you are.

Personally, I'm guessing that after a certain point people will just leave their accounts logged in with autohotkey scripts to input random garbage commands.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 19, 2014, 04:02:17 am »

Drowzee is currently confused and low on health, looks like we're gonna lose this one unless Ratatta does well.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 180