Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 180

Author Topic: Twitch plays pokemon!  (Read 186941 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Twitch plays pokemon!
« Reply #330 on: February 18, 2014, 04:49:00 pm »

Jay Leno has Bubblebeam too, AFAIK. Somehow they have 3 elements on 2 Rattatas.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 18, 2014, 04:56:14 pm »

It seems to me that when traveling, Democracy gets a lot more done, while battles are far more efficient when in Anarchy mode.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 18, 2014, 05:00:27 pm »

I don't care about whats going on in the stream right now, we've succeeded in doing something awesome. According to the live reddit feed:
5d20h32m: We're now the number 1 game on Twitch, above League of Legends.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 18, 2014, 05:09:22 pm »

I think when the whole dota 2 competing for being the number one stream...no one expected the original pokemon game to reach there.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 18, 2014, 05:18:28 pm »

Am I the only thats bothered impressed by how sufficiently this sums up human nature. You have religions, factions, organized governments vs anarchy etc.  It certainly is an interesting social experiment.

Also, glad to hear Flareon got boxed.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 18, 2014, 05:21:29 pm »

Flareon did not get boxed. It got boxed and then released.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 18, 2014, 05:22:03 pm »

I'm thinking this is the most successful social experient on the internet, ever. Imagine all the different angles you could study this from; tenacity of groups; tenacity of people who want things to fail out of spite; how introducing another method of 'doing things' will invariably create schisms; religious overtones.. It's literally got every aspect of the human condition in one massive clusterfuck.

E: Ninja slightly by UV.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 18, 2014, 05:38:49 pm »

Flareon did not get boxed. It got boxed and then released.
This is quite literally the best news I've received all month.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 18, 2014, 06:47:32 pm »

so, what other games can work in this format?

Turn based and no gameover ...

except for ALL the pokemon titles and romhacks of it i only remember elona and dokapon.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 18, 2014, 06:48:03 pm »

Am I the only thats bothered impressed by how sufficiently this sums up human nature. You have religions, factions, organized governments vs anarchy etc.  It certainly is an interesting social experiment.

Also highlights the positive sides of nuclear armageddon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #340 on: February 18, 2014, 06:50:19 pm »

I'm thinking this is the most successful social experient on the internet, ever. Imagine all the different angles you could study this from; tenacity of groups; tenacity of people who want things to fail out of spite; how introducing another method of 'doing things' will invariably create schisms; religious overtones.. It's literally got every aspect of the human condition in one massive clusterfuck.

E: Ninja slightly by UV.
That sums up my observation about this too. I remarked about it in one of the streams (I think the Tetris one). Maybe not in this level of detail, but I did at least mention the Social Psychology bit, or what could be observed from it, more or less.

Oh, and PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY HELIX FOSSIL!!!! But not as much as the Blood God Armok.

EDIT:
Oh my goodness. Catching up on what has happened so far, I am so glad I caught this event. This is one of the most bizarre things to happen recently. It does make me question quite a few things. I mean, I have God theories, theories about what IS reality (this is like something that would happen on a sitcom, and not reality. Life Imitates Art, indeed.), and so on. I think existence will eventually reach a limit where God will just have to hit the power button for once, and give all matter a rest, until he comes back in a few hours His Time, not Our Time (maybe another few eternities).

EDIT EDIT:
After having fallen into the black hole of TVTropes, I return with an interesting link related to Life Imitates Art. Could be an interesting topic for GD. Science Fiction becoming fact.

http://www.technovelgy.com/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:45:57 pm by Itnetlolor »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 18, 2014, 07:17:18 pm »

so, what other games can work in this format?

Turn based and no gameover ...

except for ALL the pokemon titles and romhacks of it i only remember elona and dokapon.
The Digimon World games on the DS.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 18, 2014, 07:25:17 pm »

Oh, and PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY HELIX FOSSIL!!!! But not as much as the Blood God Armok.

Why is my brain imagining Cacame, Tholtig, Morul, Captain Ironblood, and Asax facing off against "Abby", "Jay Leno", "Bird Jesus", "The Keeper", and "The False Prophet" with the silhouettes of Armok and the Helix fossil in the background...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2014, 07:27:16 pm »

Twitch chat is struggling like an guy who can't swim who is in the water anyway, but giovanni is nearby, within a few battles.

Unless someone fucks it up and digs.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #344 on: February 18, 2014, 07:27:46 pm »

Why is my brain imagining Cacame, Tholtig, Morul, Captain Ironblood, and Asax facing off against "Abby", "Jay Leno", "Bird Jesus", "The Keeper", and "The False Prophet" with the silhouettes of Armok and the Helix fossil in the background...
Because it's an awesome idea that must be funded immediately. Quick, get a kickstarter ready.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 180