Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Forum Game List: BRING OUT YER DEAD!  (Read 91517 times)

Haskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Iä! Shub-Niggurath!
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Game List: BRING OUT YER DEAD!
« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2016, 11:52:45 pm »

Oi, who's up for a dumb maybe-dice-based-but-I'll-probably-cheese-the-rolls-for-story-related-parts-and-so-the-players-will-actually-succeed roleplaying game about a bunch of kobolds?
Tell me, have you seen the Yellow Sign?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2016, 12:43:47 am »

Oi, who's up for a dumb maybe-dice-based-but-I'll-probably-cheese-the-rolls-for-story-related-parts-and-so-the-players-will-actually-succeed roleplaying game about a bunch of kobolds?
I'm going on 4 years playing and making forum games, so normally my response would be: sounds like every other game on the forums. But seeing as you're new to GMing, I'd say there is no harm whatsoever in going for something easy with your first game, but I would encourage you to try and branch out over time. Also there are threads for these kinds of questions: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110287.0

Haskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Iä! Shub-Niggurath!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2016, 12:47:40 am »

I'm going on 4 years playing and making forum games, so normally my response would be: sounds like every other game on the forums. But seeing as you're new to GMing, I'd say there is no harm whatsoever in going for something easy with your first game, but I would encourage you to try and branch out over time. Also there are threads for these kinds of questions: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110287.0

Whelp, it's my third year of playing and making forum games, thanks, heh. Probably why I'm being honest about how the rolls always work. It's just been a very long time since I've done it last, been on a bit of a hiatus, and never did it on Bay12. An old veteran of the Cataclysm DDA forums, is all. And indeed, that's about every game I ever played in and made back there, too.

It's always just a bit of good simple fun, is all. And alright, I'll make use of that thread in the future.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:49:36 am by Haskel »
Tell me, have you seen the Yellow Sign?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2016, 01:33:18 am »

I do the same thing. I've tried mixtures of honesty over the years. Generally just not telling the players is best, because then you can craft the perfect game. No one is salty over shit rolls or bored over ones that are too good, or bored by lack of consequences, and you have complete control over your story.

That's the easy way. It's also really fun for everyone involved. The hard way is making an actually balanced and interesting system, or being a clever enough storyteller to mitigate salt over bad rolls, if you're doing RtD or a basic d20 system, without totally avoiding killing people. The challenge can be fun as well.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2016, 09:12:38 am »

Interested
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Jaron of Carthya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2016, 12:07:06 pm »

Hey guys. I'll do any RP dice-based or crazy action based turns just say it and i'll come running  ;D

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2016, 03:28:19 pm »

New game about players finding ebay items and weapons and traps being generated from them here.

It's called, "Roll to Ebay", and at present is a six-player deathmatch.
One wheel short of a wagon

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 15, 2016, 03:34:21 pm »

Dwarven Mining Company

A game about aggressive capitalism and bad business.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 16, 2016, 08:24:16 am »

Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2016, 02:47:32 pm »

Apoapsis Periapsis Academy

A totally normal game about a bunch of teenagers having fun in a school based space station that is definitely not run by a homicidal teddy bear out to force the students to commit murder. Nope, the school is totally safe.

But seriously everybody is going to die. Players have a character and usually simply RP, but for killings (Either PC on NPC or PC on PC, NPC on NPC is fiated to whatever would be most interesting) I'm keeping a semi-hidden stable of RPG-like stats that effect a d20 roll on whether you successfully deflect that knife or if you get stabbed. It's based off of Dangan Ronpa, so there are only 15 total characters, but even now that the games started anyone new can join in by Assuming direct control of an NPC, of which there are currently 11, as of this writing.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2016, 10:00:43 am »

My games
You'll show them all! A SG in which the players control a mad scientist.

For the Emperor! A SG about a astra millitum guardsman.

You are a metroid Exactly what it says on the tin.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 17, 2016, 08:41:23 am »

Don't we need a new thread, considering Squeegy didn't update since Septermber 2015 and wasn't online since this June? v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 17, 2016, 08:48:25 am »

Wellllll. These threads always die off pretty quickly because they are a pain in the ass and not that interesting. (I know cuz I used to run one!). Also apparently it's life or lack there of doesn't really matter? I mean... We went almost a year of this thread being dead without anyone seeming to care!

It might be worth calling this experiment ultimately a failure.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 17, 2016, 09:53:30 am »

Don't we need a new thread, considering Squeegy didn't update since Septermber 2015 and wasn't online since this June? v:
He also literally asked for someone else to take over.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2016, 11:35:47 am »

I think the issue is people keep trying to have a list. Why not just have a thread where people advertise?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20