Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767503 times)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Updated 08/22
« Reply #1365 on: August 23, 2014, 04:35:42 am »

I'm sure providing it with ample fertilizer for the future will make up for the arrow-wound.
Alternatively, by the time we leave the elves begin to mourn and sing about how sorry they are that they hurt the tree, and so on.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #1366 on: August 23, 2014, 04:46:43 am »

Love the update!
... your elves attacked a tree. O.o
My Armok his right! o.O
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 23, 2014, 11:48:18 am »

Love the update!
My Armok his right! o.O
The tree sacrificed himself for the greater good. Not that that will save the elves for being lynched/exiled/both by their bethren if the queen notices that.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 23, 2014, 01:18:28 pm »

Love the update!
My Armok his right! o.O

No no no, the elves merely added more wood TO the tree thus making it more magnificent..

Besides elves are allowed to fell trees (or perhaps they do mercy killings on sick and dying trees or even the trees sacrifice themselves willingly for the good of the retreat!), their caravans are full of wood  8).

Obviously they and the trees have some sort of understanding that dwarves are not privy to.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 23, 2014, 01:53:37 pm »

Love the update!
My Armok his right! o.O

No no no, the elves merely added more wood TO the tree thus making it more magnificent..

Besides elves are allowed to fell trees (or perhaps they do mercy killings on sick and dying trees or even the trees sacrifice themselves willingly for the good of the retreat!), their caravans are full of wood  8).

Obviously they and the trees have some sort of understanding that dwarves are not privy to.

I'm pretty sure the accepted "canon" as proclaimed by the Toad is that elves grow all their wooden items (logs included, I suppose) from the tree itself via magic. So maybe the magical arrow will just continue to grow from the tree, like a reattached amputated branch.

Upon closer inspection, these elves are also wearing what appears to be bits of leather armor (a big taboo in elven cultures) and metal necklaces. We could be dealing with a sect of humanized elves.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:06:50 pm by Witty »
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 23, 2014, 03:50:26 pm »

Remember the sand desert Elves that once existed in Masterworks(from a left over from genesis)... I do. and I believe they care little about trees than their forest brethren... I miss the desert elves. Shame we will never get that Masterworks desert elf civ where you make loads of stuff out of glass and sand and tame scorpions for scorpion tech also making a special cage trap that seals units into sand.
these guys could be from that tribe.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 23, 2014, 07:00:07 pm »

Obviously any conversations with the elves must be made with their leader on the far left  8)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: August 23, 2014, 08:42:34 pm »

Obviously any conversations with the elves must be made with their leader on the far left  8)

How dumb do you think Misty is?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story)
« Reply #1373 on: August 23, 2014, 09:18:30 pm »

The elves hurry across the river and approach the migrant party.

Oh my goodness! the female elf exclaims.  We're so sorry, if only we'd gotten here sooner!  So much pain, so much death that could have been easily avoided...it just makes my heart ache to think of what careless evil we'd inadvertently brought into the world.  May the Force bless and show us the Way.

You and the rest of the dwarves shift around uneasily. You have to admit, it was oddly touching that an elf would extend their condolences to the death of a dwarf.

Yes! the elf with the bow replies.  If only we had arrived sooner, I would have had a clear shot.  Truly the world weeps for the pain I've brought upon this gentle, innocent tree. 

The elves walk past Rimtar's fresh corpse and start praying around the tree.  The migrants look on with incredulity at the elves blatant rudeness.

Two of the elves continue to pray, while one produces a pouch of emerald-green dye.  The female elf hums while she draws spirals on the tree.

Crazy elves and their crazy religion, Kulet mutters, still covered in blood and clutching Rimtar's severed head.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:38:35 pm by evictedSaint »

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: August 23, 2014, 09:20:00 pm »

Look again and that picture and see him for what he is,.. standing there ominously behind his underlings?

Look into that face, and tell me that is not the face of this Elven trade parties true ruler, the pack mule. With out him he knows that these 'traders' would not even be able to generate from their home civilization.

His people are in fact the true rulers of the Elven nation spreading their brethren in "cages" only to "pasture them" in our homes the very workings of their minds taxing the fabric of our world and leading to ending of our world?

These beasts are headed to ShieldDawn surely though. We are too weak now, let us bide our time as trader migrants and be wary of any gifts from this donkeys people.. (never trust a cat merchant :o)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Updated 08/23
« Reply #1375 on: August 23, 2014, 09:30:08 pm »

Ask the elves if they would mind you taking the weapons until such a time that you can outfit yourself properly, at which point you will give the weapons proper treatment.

It's a lie, of course.
Take a closer look at this text!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: August 23, 2014, 09:31:59 pm »

talk to the elves about cheese
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 23, 2014, 09:47:28 pm »

"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #1379 on: August 23, 2014, 10:30:07 pm »

Looks like the elf's also killed some zombie's (Probably another road crew) Look at the ground around where they start those three red things. Also the road seems to be getting paved in three directions look up at the top of the image so could that mean there's another zombie road crew around? That also mean the paving was started really close by. And leaves the question as to why is was started at the intersection?
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 348