Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767713 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Update 12/14
« Reply #2340 on: December 16, 2014, 10:55:06 am »

Misty is too nice for rivalry.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: December 16, 2014, 11:21:44 am »

Misty needs more trauma in her life, then.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: December 16, 2014, 12:30:14 pm »

After someone killed the handsome elf right in front of her? She's more young than nice. It doesn't mean she can't hold a grudge. Not that she's mean or anything.

brokegamer

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: December 16, 2014, 01:02:00 pm »

If Misty pretends to be an engraver, she should offer to engrave a memorial slab to the elf, you know, in case his ghost rises because you know they're not going to bury him.  ;) It can be built in the room she claims. If the overseer has saw fit to dig out enough rooms...
I do let's plays on them there 'tubes.

Chances are if I'm making a post, I'm drunk.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2344 on: December 16, 2014, 03:10:12 pm »

PTW

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: December 16, 2014, 07:02:25 pm »

You know what? I feel like playing the devil's advocate and saying....

Misty should tell the truth-she wants to be a cheesemaker...but has yet to make any cheese.
Bonus points if she immediately gets put on the extra-dangerous, extra-tedious hauling jobs, while still being a cheesemaker. For a fort with no cattle or so much as a drop of milk. Or any other cheesemakers.

Besides, it'll be great for plot! She definitely should also develop a grudge with the bookkeeper who will assign her to those jobs, but that can come AFTER the assignment.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Poldon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: December 16, 2014, 08:39:20 pm »

I find it very strange that everyone is demanding that Misty claim to be anything but a Cheesemaker, when she has no reason at all to know or even suspect that that would be looked down upon. Why should she claim otherwise, other than the fact we know better? Unfortunately, she does not, and probably wouldn't think of it, especially right after a traumatic experience.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: December 16, 2014, 09:43:23 pm »

Exactly! She's not mentally prepared to lie. Or do anything, save curl up into a ball and cry. And probably also throw up a bit. The insides of an elven ribcage that has recently been a victim patient of a dwarven axe-assisted open-heart surgery are not very pretty. And probably smell bad.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: December 17, 2014, 01:42:42 am »

I concur - a lot of people are saying "if the fortress is run way X, Misty should do Y", based on our own experiences of how forts are often run.  Misty has no way of knowing that... I think the only two viable alternatives are to shut up and stay in the background (observe and learn more) or be open and honest.  Lying when you don't know what's going at all is a recipe for disaster, even a 12 year old knows that.
hamster cheese supplies are low

fourpotatoes

• Bay Watcher
  • N DSD & Sw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: December 17, 2014, 01:51:22 am »

Guard is actually a female, and her way of calling Misty "love" seems odd.

That's a pretty common +solidarity mode of address for friends, strangers & casual acquaintances in some places - not where I'm from, but close enough that I encounter it on occasion. Think the stereotypical matronly restauranteuse who calls everyone "love" or "hun". That's how I'm picturing Datan the ironclad monster here. She probably bakes ≡«☼elf tallow pies☼»≡ (they menace with spikes of dough) when she's off duty.

Oh, and for Misty's sake I hope that
Can't fall down every time your neighbor gets an ax in the chest, can we?  Else the entire fort'll be on it's rump!
is hyperbole.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:20:44 am by fourpotatoes »

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: December 17, 2014, 02:18:18 am »

Misty needs more trauma in her life, then.

+1

Her "saviour" from the elf menace should get killed by a falling log or spontaneous tree-growth cave-in.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: December 17, 2014, 09:16:41 am »

You know what? I feel like playing the devil's advocate and saying....

Misty should tell the truth-she wants to be a cheesemaker...but has yet to make any cheese.
Bonus points if she immediately gets put on the extra-dangerous, extra-tedious hauling jobs, while still being a cheesemaker. For a fort with no cattle or so much as a drop of milk. Or any other cheesemakers.

Besides, it'll be great for plot! She definitely should also develop a grudge with the bookkeeper who will assign her to those jobs, but that can come AFTER the assignment.

+1
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: December 17, 2014, 09:52:05 am »

I find it very strange that everyone is demanding that Misty claim to be anything but a Cheesemaker, when she has no reason at all to know or even suspect that that would be looked down upon. Why should she claim otherwise, other than the fact we know better? Unfortunately, she does not, and probably wouldn't think of it, especially right after a traumatic experience.

+1

I am convinced.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: December 17, 2014, 11:05:02 am »

+1

I am convinced.

So that's like +5 or so to this total? I think?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: December 17, 2014, 11:06:02 am »

Maybe Misty should go into a mood and make an Elf Bone cheese ladle
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 348