Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767588 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Update 12/18
« Reply #2385 on: December 19, 2014, 01:53:21 pm »

Why grab weapons or anything? That might look aggressive to someone! You just want to make cheese. Legendary cheese.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: December 19, 2014, 06:24:56 pm »

oh!

Ask the nun if elves have souls. If she says yes, raise the issue of proper burial again.
+1
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: December 19, 2014, 07:30:35 pm »

oh!

Ask the nun if elves have souls. If she says yes, raise the issue of proper burial again.

+1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: December 19, 2014, 08:56:31 pm »

oh!

Alternatively, don't bury him and work out how to make ghost cheese to welcome him back once his ghost shows up.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: December 19, 2014, 09:36:39 pm »

Well technically if you check in Dfhack(which masterworks should have) they do, everyone has Souls(even freshly created zombies, down to the monsters rigs fought, to bogeymen) or they won't have a personality or dreams or what not later on in 40.xx series.
Just that while this is true I don't think Datan knows about this. Misty could just pray for the Putnam/warmist God to cram an Elf soul into Datan.
Then there's the whole Warlock subset which everyone who dies drops a soul which could be used.... wait
Misty pull one of your hourglass do dads from your hair and search for the elf soul... you can totally make a phylactery and keep Darkerderp soul forever.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: December 20, 2014, 12:48:27 am »

Well technically if you check in Dfhack(which masterworks should have) they do, everyone has Souls(even freshly created zombies, down to the monsters rigs fought, to bogeymen) or they won't have a personality or dreams or what not later on in 40.xx series.
Just that while this is true I don't think Datan knows about this. Misty could just pray for the Putnam/warmist God to cram an Elf soul into Datan.
Then there's the whole Warlock subset which everyone who dies drops a soul which could be used.... wait
Misty pull one of your hourglass do dads from your hair and search for the elf soul... you can totally make a phylactery and keep Darkerderp soul forever.

This.  Totally do this.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2391 on: December 20, 2014, 03:05:49 am »

Yeah, I dont think Misty will start doing Warlocky stuff that requries magic. Not all kids that run away from home, because they dont want to do what their parents tell them, have to become satanists. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: December 20, 2014, 05:16:07 am »

Found this while playing Dragon Age Inquisition, will leave it here. http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Wedge_of_Destiny
Military cheesemaker, anyone? Like Discworld's dwarven battle bread, only with cheese. Seeing how Misty's dad is an armorsmith and she doesn't actually know cheesemaking, she might end up making this one accidentally. Or in a mood.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: December 20, 2014, 06:47:44 am »

The mountainhomes are being sieged by Kobolds

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: December 20, 2014, 08:17:24 am »

Yeah, I dont think Misty will start doing Warlocky stuff that requries magic. Not all kids that run away from home, because they dont want to do what their parents tell them, have to become satanists. :P

Yes that's right, that would be silly.
Make a soul gem instead!

But the serious suggestion would be to hide your job, they seem to be of the crazy metalsmithy type.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2395 on: December 20, 2014, 11:55:35 am »

When they ask you if you have any skills, say that you are a cheesemaker.

When they ask if you have any useful skills, have a flashback to when your father tried to teach you armorsmithing.  Become an armorsmith.

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: December 20, 2014, 01:26:31 pm »

Something just occurred to me... she may or may not be able to do this right away, but Misty should try to get her puzzlebox back before it's inevitably dumped into magma or crushed under a bridge along with Darkerdaffodil's corpse. Having a memento might make the grieving period easier to get through, and since this is shaping up to be the sort of story where things get worse before they get better, Misty will have something to look at to remind herself that someone believed in her dreams.

In fact, come to think of it, she might be able to get it back now by pointing out the puzzlebox was originally hers. She doesn't even have to lie - the guard will undoubtedly jump to the conclusion that it was stolen from her and let her have it back.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2397 on: December 20, 2014, 01:30:09 pm »

I'd say it doesnt matter that it belonged to her first. Dwarves always claim whatever is lying around, on a first-come-first-served basis. If she pockets the puzzle box, no one will care. Its perfectly normal behaviour to snatch items from fresh corpses.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: December 20, 2014, 01:34:00 pm »

Well, that's true, but it's still a bit fuzzy how much of this story runs on dwarf logic and how much of it actually makes sense has the characters think like real people would.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: December 20, 2014, 03:34:18 pm »

Perhaps you can milk a dwarf for cheese? That's where they get dwarf cheese from, right?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 348