Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1783761 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome.  Do Masterwork nuns actually do things?

Yes!  They can run any of several different special "Pray for ___" jobs.  They can produce military-grade metals, economic metals, silk, etc. out of thin air.  An overseer should be greatly pleased by this.

And ES, kudos on the succession fort thing.  That's hilarious.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Nuns and Priests also detect vampires and werebeasts and hidden threats that only exist in the mod. There are several levels, and high priests even protect your dwarves from the spells these hidden threats would use. Lets say your citizens slowly convert to the cult of the carp god, the high priest can slow down/prevent that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

She could run a cheese mafia? She could command the dwarves of the fortress to bring all of the milk to her; she could command them to set up breeding areas for milkable creatures; there are hundreds of ways for her to make achieving her dream of making the best cheese ever easier to achieve by becoming overseer.
She must become the sheriff and start deciding who to send to jail... where they will only get sub-par cheese while the rest of the fortress gets the good stuff...

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

"MISTEM WHEELDREAMS, OVERSEER"
Why not. +1
+1
+1
That would end badly. -1
Also, if the overseer is leaving, that means that the fort is a succession fort! So, we could either recive a good overseer that would let us be a cheesemaker, or the typical maniatic sociopath that will doom the fort. Either way tell them that you are a cheese maker.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How to make a great DF comic in 3 easy steps:
1. Make protagonist migrate from mountainhome to fort.
2. Make fort a succession fort.
3. Have it already screwed up.
Hilarity ensues.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Truly, updates are the greatest gift of all.

And that's it, Plumpy. Revel in the blood of your enemy.

He's not reveling in the blood of his enemy, he's just looking for the piece the mule took from him.  It's in there somewhere!
hamster cheese supplies are low

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile

+1
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

Hilarity ensues.

Hah.  "Easy" steps.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Note that she didn't ask Plumpy whether he was a vampire.
Oh gods no wonder they couldn't find the first one.

He's not reveling in the blood of his enemy, he's just looking for the piece the mule took from him.  It's in there somewhere!
...Plumpy's smarter than I gave him credit for. He'll make a legendary surgeon yet!

Hah.  "Easy" steps.
It's easy, you just draw the stuff.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hah.  "Easy" steps.
It's easy, you just draw the stuff.
Its just pixels, right? My monitor paints them all the time.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hilarity ensues.

Hah.  "Easy" steps.

It's true for extremely hard values of easy. 

There was once a man who visited an artist, and said "I need a painting of a rooster.  Can you make one for me?  I'm wiling to pay".  The artist said "sure, come back in 2 weeks".

Two weeks later, the man returns.  The artist says "oh yes.  One moment please".  He then takes a prepared canvas, and in 10-15 minutes, he has painted a rooster.  He then tells the man "that will be 200$".

The man protested - the rooster *was* very nice, but barely took 15 minutes to do!  Surely 200$ is too much for a quarter hour of labor.

The artist pointed to his waistbasket... which was filled with discarded paintings and sketches of roosters. 

The man paid the artist, and left.
hamster cheese supplies are low

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Cant you just nail a rooster to a canvas and call it a day?

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not. +1
+1
+1
That would end badly. -1
Also, if the overseer is leaving, that means that the fort is a succession fort! So, we could either recive a good overseer that would let us be a cheesemaker, or the typical maniatic sociopath that will doom the fort. Either way tell them that you are a cheese maker.

+1, and complain about how things are being run! The last time you just sat back and stayed silent, Rimtar died!
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cant you just nail a rooster to a canvas and call it a day?

Only if struck by a macabre mood, I'm afraid.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 348