Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1780046 times)

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Update 1/3
« Reply #2550 on: January 04, 2015, 03:44:41 am »

daaang that map :D

... and that number of overseerers is eerily similar to the number of people who said they were reading on the poll... hmmmm....

Start hauling the corpse of that one elf you actually like. Be sure to claim anything of his that might put his spirit to rest. Should he have one. Or at least something which might help you survive in this place.

+1   logical and in character
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 12:07:40 pm by Ancalagon_TB »
hamster cheese supplies are low

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: January 04, 2015, 03:45:36 am »

silly double post
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 12:07:55 pm by Ancalagon_TB »

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: January 04, 2015, 05:09:40 am »

While there's no overseer around here right now, sieze your chance and assign yourself to make cheese, disable hauling, and order a bunch of cheeses to be made.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: January 04, 2015, 05:30:01 am »

Also:
Visit slaughter pits next to the prison, immediately be appalled at what is going on there
Problem with this is that part of the place is flooded. The prison and slaughter pits are probably well below a few solid floors of water.

Start hauling the corpse of that one elf you actually like. Be sure to claim anything of his that might put his spirit to rest. Should he have one. Or at least something which might help you survive in this place.

+1 because you are a nice person.
+1, but haul him where? Refuse pile as ordered, or something more... elfy?

Of course, since they believe in reincarnation, they might not care so much about where their current primitive meat shells end up. Might prefer it to be outside in the great cycle of things, though.

So yeah, haul Darkerdaffodil's corpse outside somewhere out of the way. Someplace he'll be eaten by badgers in peace or something. Whatever elves like to do about the great cycle and all.

Also of concern: Misty is probably not very strong. This will probably take quite a while. It is fortunate that we have nothing better to do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 04, 2015, 05:41:50 am »

Haul the elves outside, bury them or something. Next to a tree. Also loot DarkerDaffodil's corpse.

What season and month are we ? Not any risk of getting interrupted by goblins ?

"You want to be Overseer?  Fine, I'll put you on the list.
You are now two-hundred ninety-sixth in line to be Overseer.  Since each O.S. keeps their job for an entire year, that means you only have to wait about three centuries before it's your turn.

i find this rather hilarious

Also favorite character... Reg... the nun... the mule... WHY DON'T I HAVE SEVERAL CHOICES ?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: January 04, 2015, 05:42:48 am »

+1, on the sly. When you're done with that, see if you can get to the catacombs to visit Zon Lokumarak's tomb. And hey! The public dormitories are now fireproof! That... that means they care about you, right? This isn't another Arrowstockades, right? Stay positive!
oh he has one, every one has a Soul... just you need to butcher it out first. Kinda wonder if this fort gotten workshops from the other Civs?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: January 04, 2015, 05:47:54 am »

+1

Then, if there's still time, do this:
While there's no overseer around here right now, sieze your chance and assign yourself to make cheese, disable hauling, and order a bunch of cheeses to be made.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: January 04, 2015, 08:47:26 am »

+1

Then, if there's still time, do this:
+1 to both.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: January 04, 2015, 11:46:38 am »

+1
+1
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Dwarfy

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanted: Dead or with Chives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 04, 2015, 11:48:21 am »

Come now, the lot of you!

Haven't you ever seen a game of Dwarf fortress?

There is a room of levers in there, and theres a few jobs that are ALWAYS on...

Misty: Run to lever room in anger and sadness.
Misty: Pull ALL the levers.
"Necromancy is sort of like Jaywalking. It's not illegal, just frowned upon."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: January 04, 2015, 11:59:37 am »

Come now, the lot of you!

Haven't you ever seen a game of Dwarf fortress?

There is a room of levers in there, and theres a few jobs that are ALWAYS on...

Misty: Run to lever room in anger and sadness.
Misty: Pull ALL the levers.

I would assume you are that guy.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: January 04, 2015, 12:11:27 pm »

sewers... are there sewers in Masterwork DF?  I mean it's "logical" that there are some (I assume that dwarves poop at some time) but I wondered if it was part of the game.

Ask the nun if she knowns anything about elven funeral practices.  If info obtain, do the best to do that.  If not, just do something nice in their memory with the bodies.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: January 04, 2015, 12:28:53 pm »

sewers... are there sewers in Masterwork DF?  I mean it's "logical" that there are some (I assume that dwarves poop at some time) but I wondered if it was part of the game.

Ask the nun if she knowns anything about elven funeral practices.  If info obtain, do the best to do that.  If not, just do something nice in their memory with the bodies.

Even is she might know, she probably won't have anything to do with this at all.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: January 04, 2015, 12:39:19 pm »

Even is she might know, she probably won't have anything to do with this at all.
The funeral would probably involve eating the body... just saying...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: January 04, 2015, 12:47:34 pm »

The funeral would probably involve eating the body... just saying...
I wonder.. Does composting copses in plump helmet fields be a form of cannibalism?
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 348