Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1786055 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Update 1/3
« Reply #2595 on: January 06, 2015, 07:35:56 pm »

Choose Dorkierdaffodil's corpse to haul. (Obviously) Maybe he's not all the way dead! Attempt resuscitation.!
Dorkierdaffodil? Is that Darkerdaffodils nerd brother?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: January 06, 2015, 09:33:52 pm »

Choose Dorkierdaffodil's corpse to haul. (Obviously) Maybe he's not all the way dead! Attempt resuscitation.!
Dorkierdaffodil? Is that Darkerdaffodils nerd brother?

HA. Ha ha ha.

fourpotatoes

• Bay Watcher
  • N DSD & Sw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: January 06, 2015, 11:48:45 pm »

check the donkey for a couple of tree saplings or seeds and plant them where you put the corpses, that should please the hippies and show respect for your recently deceased pointy eared friend.

Mistem Wheeldreams, legendary cheesemaker and ALSO the prophet of fruit liquor!

(Now that we have fruit harvesting my dwarves are becoming ever more elfy and ever more boozy.)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: January 07, 2015, 12:26:22 am »

Plumpy: Reunite with your brethren and organize the rebellion. The dwarves shall succumb to the overgrowth.
Fort: Crush Plumpy's rebellion.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: January 07, 2015, 12:36:25 am »

That sounds very interesting.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:38:38 am by Pencil_Art »

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: January 07, 2015, 12:41:08 am »

Plumpy: Reunite with your brethren and organize the rebellion. The dwarves shall succumb to the overgrowth.
Fort: Crush Plumpy's rebellion.

+1

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: January 07, 2015, 12:51:15 am »

Choose Dorkierdaffodil's corpse to haul. (Obviously) Maybe he's not all the way dead! Attempt resuscitation. (Possibly gross).

If he's really really dead, I bet I you know about someone who might be able to help! Someone nearby! Someone with specific useful tips and tricks regarding life and death!

If it is the necromancer, this is a really bad idea.

The necromancer is quite possibly (given how enthusiastically people suggested that) a legendary cheesemaker and/or one of Misty's biological parents, so I feel like she'll end up heading off to the tower eventually. In fact, it would be pretty amusing for Misty to make her way to the tower and sheepishly approach the necromancer, who (naturally) assumes there's another person here looking for the secrets of life and death when all she wants is to learn from the world's greatest cheesemaker.

Speaking of which, I just caught a dwarf cheesemaker necromancer named Mistem SomethingSomething skulking around outside my fort. Said world just so happens to be in the year 361. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

As for the present, +1 to giving the elves a proper burial, and make sure to take one of the elves' weapons, ideally something easy to use like a club. Something tells you you're going to need something to defend yourself with around these parts. Perhaps there's a wooden mace or something amidst the trade goods they were bringing?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:05:13 am by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: January 07, 2015, 01:09:34 am »

Cope with your losses by finding caged prisoners and speaking to them.
Talking to goblins will cheer her up? Well, if she liked the elves I guess it's not too much of a stretch...

Given that player controlled dwarves are even more sadistic than goblins, I imagine it would be an improvement over the present company.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: January 07, 2015, 02:21:49 am »

Speaking of which, I just caught a dwarf cheesemaker necromancer named Mistem SomethingSomething skulking around outside my fort. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Dude. There is no coincidence. This is fate. Wooooooo.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: January 07, 2015, 05:49:53 am »

Choose Dorkierdaffodil's corpse to haul. (Obviously) Maybe he's not all the way dead! Attempt resuscitation. (Possibly gross).

If he's really really dead, I bet I you know about someone who might be able to help! Someone nearby! Someone with specific useful tips and tricks regarding life and death!

If it is the necromancer, this is a really bad idea.

The necromancer is quite possibly (given how enthusiastically people suggested that) a legendary cheesemaker and/or one of Misty's biological parents, so I feel like she'll end up heading off to the tower eventually. In fact, it would be pretty amusing for Misty to make her way to the tower and sheepishly approach the necromancer, who (naturally) assumes there's another person here looking for the secrets of life and death when all she wants is to learn from the world's greatest cheesemaker.

Speaking of which, I just caught a dwarf cheesemaker necromancer named Mistem SomethingSomething skulking around outside my fort. Said world just so happens to be in the year 361. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

As for the present, +1 to giving the elves a proper burial, and make sure to take one of the elves' weapons, ideally something easy to use like a club. Something tells you you're going to need something to defend yourself with around these parts. Perhaps there's a wooden mace or something amidst the trade goods they were bringing?

Hey, why not make the necromancer (Which is her father/mother) be a legendary cheesemaker that, became so legendary that wanted to live forever to make endless wheels of cheese, so he/she learned the secrets of life and death. He/she would also have a book dedicated to become a legendary cheesemaker that he/she gives to Misty once he/she realizes that she is her/his daughter.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: January 07, 2015, 07:31:29 am »

As much as I love the idea of necrocheesing it up (and if Misty was an adventurer this is the correct answer every time, surely she could dodge her way through to a book which had a title that looked enough like the secrets of cheesemaking for her to read it, become a necro, look over and go "mom?" or something similar) I'm actually curious how Reg and Holt are doing.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: January 07, 2015, 10:20:15 am »

Yeah, let's see how Reg and Holt are doing.

Also, the wheel-shaped nature of the cheese represents eternity in the Necrocheesian philosophy, right?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: January 07, 2015, 11:27:12 am »

If we are going to check on anyone check up on Plumpy and his mushroom revolution.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: January 07, 2015, 11:51:50 am »

Well if we're still making sugggestions:
Say hello to the new Overseer

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #2609 on: January 07, 2015, 02:38:17 pm »

I really liked how the Overseer acted. The way the character was written, it reminded me of those people working int he fast food industry who has all their life and joy sucked out of them.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 348