Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1784766 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Update 1/3
« Reply #2610 on: January 07, 2015, 05:57:16 pm »

Choose Dorkierdaffodil's corpse to haul. (Obviously) Maybe he's not all the way dead! Attempt resuscitation. (Possibly gross).

If he's really really dead, I bet I you know about someone who might be able to help! Someone nearby! Someone with specific useful tips and tricks regarding life and death!

If it is the necromancer, this is a really bad idea.

The necromancer is quite possibly (given how enthusiastically people suggested that) a legendary cheesemaker and/or one of Misty's biological parents, so I feel like she'll end up heading off to the tower eventually. In fact, it would be pretty amusing for Misty to make her way to the tower and sheepishly approach the necromancer, who (naturally) assumes there's another person here looking for the secrets of life and death when all she wants is to learn from the world's greatest cheesemaker.

"I actually learned necromancy while trying to learn how to make cheese more efficiently! Imagine it, fine cheese made at the wave of a hand! Even making a dozen wheels of cheese in mere minutes! Alas, I only managed to find the gesture that animates corpses, but I've put them to work on some menial tasks while I figure out how to get the cheesemaking gesture right... On a related note, do you have any need of yogurt golems in that fortress of yours?"

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: January 07, 2015, 09:16:10 pm »

If I had been allowed to vote for two characters, I would have chosen the Nun as #2.  But I had to vote for Misty.  She's just so incredibly adorable.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: January 07, 2015, 10:00:26 pm »

Choose Dorkierdaffodil's corpse to haul. (Obviously) Maybe he's not all the way dead! Attempt resuscitation. (Possibly gross).

If he's really really dead, I bet I you know about someone who might be able to help! Someone nearby! Someone with specific useful tips and tricks regarding life and death!

+1 to those ideas.

I had to choose Misty, she's just too cute.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: January 08, 2015, 10:08:49 am »

PTW
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: January 08, 2015, 07:19:33 pm »

Non-canon little blurb here.  A few warm-up doodles, inspired by some of your replies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: January 08, 2015, 07:23:31 pm »

Non-canon little blurb here.  A few warm-up doodles, inspired by some of your replies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did the kitty that adopted Misty got transformed into a cat biscut? Nah, it's just my imagination...

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: January 08, 2015, 07:36:53 pm »

Misty likes cat biscuits? AHAHAH :D :D :D   

She's a cute 12 year old but she's still a dwarf!

edit:  does this means the ex-Overseer is a cook?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 08:05:13 pm by Ancalagon_TB »
hamster cheese supplies are low

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: January 08, 2015, 09:23:36 pm »

A cashier is not necessarily a cook.  Dwarves don't really have a position analogous to cashier at the moment, with the economy turned off and the tavern arc still just a gleam in Toady One's amphibious eye.  Once we have taverns, it would be similar to a bartender.  A bartender in a bar with no booze.  Now that's a dwarven hell.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: January 08, 2015, 11:13:47 pm »

Soft Kitty, warm Kitty
Little ball of fur
Tasty Kitty Seasoned Kitty
Purr Purr Purr
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: January 08, 2015, 11:34:22 pm »

A bartender in a bar with no booze.  Now that's a dwarven hell.

Obligatory.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: January 09, 2015, 01:46:06 am »

Soft Kitty, warm Kitty
Little ball of fur
Tasty Kitty Seasoned Kitty
Purr Purr Purr

that'sa itchy kittymeat-a-ball! 
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: January 09, 2015, 03:01:54 am »

It's Masterwork elves we are dealing with, they have mithril and moonsilver stuff instead of wooden. A mithril cheese knife would be the best for Misty.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: January 09, 2015, 10:45:00 am »

It's Masterwork elves we are dealing with, they have mithril and moonsilver stuff instead of wooden. A mithril cheese knife would be the best for Misty.

I assume moonsilver is good for blunt weapons, right? If so, I still maintain that Misty ought to grab something easy to use.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: January 09, 2015, 05:06:00 pm »

Assuming this is going off of a Tolkien-ish (Lord of the Rings-ish) system, moonsilver is Mithril mixed with something else, and is therefore very lightweight. Making it kind of like using an adamantine warhammer. So, no, it's probably not good. She'd do better with a Mithril dagger or the like. Very, VERY sharp and not too hard to stab someone with...although it would be hard to fight a swordsman with.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: January 09, 2015, 06:04:22 pm »

Assuming this is going off of a Tolkien-ish (Lord of the Rings-ish) system...

Actually, it's based off of the Masterwork Mod.

That being said, TLCM isn't a MM showcase.  I've been trying to keep it newbie-friendly, so the more obscure, out-of-place, and confusing stuff (like xen infectors, velociraptors, liquid spawners, etc) probably won't be showing up, since someone new to Dwarf Fortress (let alone MM) would be lost.  If that sort of stuff DOES show up, it'd involve an explanation or simplification.

And, iirc, Moonsilver is just a more expensive Silver equivalent.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 348