Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1785918 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Update 2/5
« Reply #2940 on: February 09, 2015, 01:29:39 pm »

Toss the dead elf corpse with the mushroom men
Leave a key on the corpse, be Oscar from Dark Souls...

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: February 09, 2015, 02:10:25 pm »

Toss the dead elf corpse with the mushroom men
Leave a key on the corpse, be Oscar from Dark Souls...

PHM are natural lockpickers, keys are useless to them.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

RandomizedThinker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
« Reply #2942 on: February 09, 2015, 04:37:43 pm »

PTW
really liking this story so far  :). And i think a minor influx of other watchers are going to increase because of me, like at least 10 more. i'd link reasons but i'm new to this forum and i've been lacking in my programming self-teaching  :P. long time lurker and only recently made an account and etc..

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: February 09, 2015, 04:54:15 pm »

PTW
really liking this story so far  :). And i think a minor influx of other watchers are going to increase because of me, like at least 10 more. i'd link reasons but i'm new to this forum and i've been lacking in my programming self-teaching  :P. long time lurker and only recently made an account and etc..

Welcome!  It's always nice to see new accounts on bay12. ^_^ 

And I'm glad you're enjoying the story, but what are you talking about?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2944 on: February 09, 2015, 05:07:23 pm »

I think he might have posted a link to this somewhere else, where people can see it, outside of bay12.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RandomizedThinker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
« Reply #2945 on: February 09, 2015, 05:34:38 pm »

PTW

Welcome!  It's always nice to see new accounts on bay12. ^_^ 

And I'm glad you're enjoying the story, but what are you talking about?
i'd like to note that i live up to my user name.  around 40 people have noticed my tumblr post, so logically at the most 1 other new person is reading. cheap link because this is the first of any forum i've posted in so i have no idea what these buttons do

RandomizedThinker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
« Reply #2946 on: February 09, 2015, 05:40:13 pm »

I think he might have posted a link to this somewhere else, where people can see it, outside of bay12.
yeah, there is a small lucrative community of DF fans on tumblr, just spreading this tale to others :)
took me two days to read this, not in one sitting of course. I know that a mirror has been made on mspfanventures but reading everyone's comments along with the comic is more fun.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: February 09, 2015, 11:50:44 pm »

Neat!  I only use my tumblr to host the images for this thread, and the occasional doodle.  I still use one of the default themes and have all of two followers.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: February 10, 2015, 12:25:37 am »

cheap link because this is the first of any forum i've posted in so i have no idea what these buttons do

That works.  If you'd like, you could learn the below format by hitting the "Quote" button on my post and looking at the code:

Link to my blog

(Only it's not my blog, but your blog.)  Hitting the "hyperlink" button in your message editor won't do that for you: it'll just create "url" and "/url" tags.  It's up to you to put "=" in the right spot and type your link.

And welcome.  I just love games like these.

--Rexfelum

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: February 10, 2015, 12:59:44 am »

New friend: appear

+1 And have them be a former milker, now a hauler like we are. Probably hauling a corpse of some kind.

+1  this would be a great time to meet someone - the Gods work in mysterious ways...
+1
+1
Stop making Misty cry ;~;

+1.
Oh god Misty is so cute.

+1, poor Misty.

And by friend I for one suggest a necromancer from the tower trying to sneak into the corpse stockpile. In a manner even more pathetically obvious than the "Solid Misty" sequence.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: February 10, 2015, 02:03:19 am »

New friend: appear

+1 And have them be a former milker, now a hauler like we are. Probably hauling a corpse of some kind.

+1  this would be a great time to meet someone - the Gods work in mysterious ways...
+1
+1
Stop making Misty cry ;~;

+1.
Oh god Misty is so cute.

+1, poor Misty.

And by friend I for one suggest a necromancer from the tower trying to sneak into the corpse stockpile. In a manner even more pathetically obvious than the "Solid Misty" sequence.

If this happens, said necromancer should take pity on misty crying over the corpse of the elf, have some sappy story, and offer Misty to become his/her apprentice.  Just saying, would be cool.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2951 on: February 10, 2015, 04:35:59 am »

Sure...

"oh, these elves that killed my road construction crews are dead? Good. Maybe I should stop attacking the dwarven fort, since they are enemies of my enemies."

"Just kidding, every living thing is my enemy."
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: February 10, 2015, 04:46:55 am »

If this happens, said necromancer should take pity on misty crying over the corpse of the elf, have some sappy story, and offer Misty to become his/her apprentice.  Just saying, would be cool.

Pfft, Misty a warlock? Haha!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2953 on: February 10, 2015, 05:02:58 am »

I've been hoping since we first saw the tower that the necromancer has an (adopted) kid, who is kind of creepy but in a cute way, who would be tired of living among all the zombies and escape the tower and eventually become Misty's friend.

But I think we've reached plot saturation by this point.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: February 10, 2015, 07:34:39 am »

I am lost in a sea of suggestions. :\

Also! I am late in doing so, but welcome RandomThinker to Bay12! From what I can tell from briefly looking at your Tumblr page, we should have an influx of useful and interesting migrants to at very least the webcomic. ( Translated: I didn't burst into flames upon contact with your Tumblr so welcome new friend! )

EDIT: Just kidding about the Tumblr. :P Mostly  :o
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:36:33 am by CaptainMcClellan »
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 348